Oak Milk – Win $10,000 plus $500 daily instant win
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and
Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse,
de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 00:01am AEDST on 31/03/2014. Entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 08/06/2014 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period, purchase any specially marked promotional OAK product nationally.
6. To enter, individuals must then, during the Promotional Period enter either via Premium SMS or Facebook using the following instructions;
Premium SMS Entry
a) send an SMS to 1999 7777 containing the last six (6) digits of the barcode from the eligible product purchased, their first and last name and postcode (in that order, with a space between each item and no spaces between the numbers and no commas).
b) Each SMS entry into the promotion made by an entrant will be charged at the premium SMS rate of 55c. Entrants must have premium service access. SMS entrants under 18 years old must obtain account holder’s
consent. SMS helpline: 1800 676 961. SMS entries via the Internet are ineligible. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and NOT at the time of transmission by the
a) visit the Facebook Page at facebook.com/oakmilk (“Facebook Page”);
b) follow the prompts to the ‘Oak Bounty Hunter’ promotional application;
c) input the requested details as prompted including the last six (6) digits of the barcode from the eligible product purchased; and d) submit the fully completed entry form.
7. Each entrant will be notified instantly by return SMS or Facebook notification, depending on their method of entry, whether or not they are an instant prize winner. SMS winners may also be contacted by SMS, telephone or both in order for the Promoter to record their address details, so that the prizes may be awarded. All valid entries received from winners and non-winners of an instant prize will be automatically placed in the major prize draw
8. Entrants must retain a copy of their purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly show the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process including but not limited to tampering by way of use of techniques designed to avoid the payment of SMS costs. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per specially marked OAK product purchased during the Promotional Period; (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in
accordance with entry requirements; (c) unrecognised barcodes will be deemed invalid; and (d) only three (3) entries permitted per mobile number or Facebook account per day.
12. Only one (1) instant prize is permitted per person (excluding SA residents).
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14. There will be one (1) instant win prize awarded for each day of the Promotional Period (70 in total). The Promoter will use a computer drawing system to randomly determine one (1) winning time for each day of the
Promotional Period (the “Winning Times”). The first valid entry, received on or after the Winning Time each day, will, subject to verification by the Promoter, win an instant prize. In the event of any SA winners, their
names will be published in The Australian on 25/06/2014. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Instant win prizes are: 70 x $500 cash prizes (totalling $35,000), awarded in the form of an EFT transfer. Each winner will be contacted and requested to provide their nominated bank details so that the prize can be
16. The major prize draw will take place at Message Media, 385 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000 on 13/06/2014 at 11:00am AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in the case
an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, The major prize draw winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian on 25/06/2014.
17. The first valid entry drawn, in the major prize draw, will win $10,000 awarded in the form of an EFT transfer. The major prize winner will be contacted and requested to provide their nominated bank details so that the
prize can be awarded.
18. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
19. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
20. Total prize pool value is up to AU$45,000. Prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable.
21. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place at Message Media, 385 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000 on 15/09/2014 at 3pm AEST, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winner(s), if any, will be
notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. In the event the major prize is awarded in the unclaimed prize draw or in the event of any SA winners, their names will be published in the Australian on
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a
regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or
electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
25. Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be
honoured. Any unclaimed instant win prizes that are part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes
all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of and/or use of any prize.
28. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (or the winner’s parent or legal guardian if the winner is under the age of 18 years) must sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.
31. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
32. The Promoter is Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 56 072 928 879) of 35 Boundary Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101. Telephone: (07) 3840 0100
NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/09774 VIC Permit No. 13/2925 ACT Permit No. TP13/04517 SA Permit No. T13/2262