Betta – Win 4 tickets to the 2014 Toyota AFL Grand Final
BSR Franchising Pty Ltd
AFL Grand Final Ticket Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of BSR Franchising Pty Ltd including Retailers/Stores, Melbourne Football Club, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on 01/08/2014 at 12:00pm (AEST) and concludes on 01/09/2014 at 11:59am (AEST).
4. To enter, participants must submit their details including (but not limited to) name, address, email and tell us in 25 words or less who will win the 2014 flag and why, via the entry form accessible at www.facebook.com.au/BettaAU or www.betta.com.au/ promotions-and- redemptions
5. Inaudible, illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
6. Only one entry person is permitted.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of
residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry are of a type described in this clause.
9. Entries must be received by 11:59am (AEST) on 01/09/2014. The time of entry will in each
case be the time the online entry is received by the BSR Franchising Pty Ltd database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
10. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
11. One (1) major prize winner will receive:
i) 4 x Tickets to the 2014 Toyota AFL Grand Final at the MCG on the 27/09/2014
ii) 2 Nights’ Accommodation
12. Total prize value is up to $8,500 (including GST).
13. Only one prize per person is permitted.
14. Prizes cannot be transferred or be redeemed for cash.
15. Any and all costs associated with collecting the prize & attendance on 27/09/2014 (including
but not limited to airfares, transport, accommodation, meals and taxes) are the sole
responsibility of the Participant.
16. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check -in to the
hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-
17. BSR Franchising Pty Ltd and Melbourne Football Club make no representation as to the
safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
18. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses (including
installation costs travel to and from the event/departure point etc) become the
responsibility of the winner.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects
of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
21. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
22. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Australian or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
26. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
27. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
28. The winner will be selected by the promoter on 02/09/2014. Winner will be notified in writing via an email.
29. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. email address or mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
30. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
31. All prizes must be claimed within one (1) week of winning. Unclaimed prizes thereafter will be made use of as the promoter sees fit.
32. The major prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the major prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize.
33. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
37. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. FACEBOOK ENTRY: Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
40. This promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php
41. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes
outlined in clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints
about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
42. All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all
liability in relation to this promotion.
43. BSR Franchising Pty Ltd and their associated agencies & companies assume no
responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
44. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
45. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
46. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname and initial. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
47. The benefiting party is Melbourne Football Club (ABN: 27 005 686 902) of Melbourne Cricket Ground, Great Southern Stand, PO Box 254 East Melbourne 8002.
48. The Promoter is BSR Franchising Pty Ltd (ABN: 21 122 556 094) of Unit 18/56 Lavarack Avenue, Eagle Farm, QLD 4009.
Authorised under Grand Final AFL permit number: GFAFL14/100.