Adairs – Win My Perfect Escape $20000 + in Prizes
Friends – are you absolutely exhausted and overwhelmed with silly season craziness? We’d like to offer some relief and help you to create your very own perfect escape at home! With over $20,000 in prizes up for grabs, what are you waiting for? Click here to start living your life of luxury, with a little help from Adairs! https://apps.agorapulse.com/go/16464/17538
My Perfect Escape Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering My Perfect Escape Facebook Competition (Competition), you agree to
the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter of this Competition is the Adairs Retail Group Pty Ltd. (ABN 29 128 287 776), 2 International Court, Caribbean Business Park, Scoresby, VIC, Australia, 3179 (Promoter).
2. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Entries can only be made in an individual’s own name and in their own capacity and no entry can be made for or on behalf of any other person, body corporate, venture or organisation.
5. The Competition is not open to:
a) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter or any of its agencies involved with the Competition; the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, or sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent) of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
b) any person where that person or anyone from the same family or household has won a prize or prizes from the Promoter valued either individually or collectively at more than $20 in the 30 days prior to the commencement of the Competition;
c) any person under 18 years of age at the date of posting their entry; or
d) any person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use another name or names in order to enter a competition run by the Promoter which would otherwise be excluded under clauses 4, 5(a), 5(b) and 5(c) of these Terms and Conditions.
6. You are ineligible to enter this Competition if you do not satisfy all the eligibility criteria set out in clauses 4 and 5 of these Terms and Conditions.
7. The Competition commences at 9am AEST on 16th December 2013 and will conclude at 11.59pm AEST 17th February 2014 (Competition Period). Entries must be received within the Competition Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
How to Enter
8. To enter the Competition you must follow this process prior to the end of the Competition Period:
a) Like the Adairs Facebook page at
b) Follow the prompts to complete the Competition entry via the Adairs Facebook page and answer the question “Why do you deserve a perfect escape?”;
c) Submit your full name, postcode and a valid email address.
9. Eligible entrants will automatically receive one entry into the Competition when the process set out in clause 8 of these Terms and Conditions is completed.
10. Each entrant warrants that their entry is:
a) the original independent creation of the entrant;
b) owned by the entrant; and
c) free of any claims, including copyright or trade mark claims by other parties.
11. Any entry received by the Promoter after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
12. No responsibility or liability is accepted for late, lost, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries or entries not received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever and all such entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected by the Promoter.
13. Each valid entry received during the Competition Period will be submitted for judging by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. Judging will take place at the Promoter’s premises on at 9:00am AEST every day throughout the Competition Period.
14. Entrants will be judged based on the answers to the abovementioned question. The entrant(s) whose entry is deemed to be the most creative and original out of all valid entries received will be deemed the winner(s) provided the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria under these Terms and Conditions and are not otherwise disqualified. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance does not play a part in determining the winners.
15. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion deem entries invalid subsequently to a winner being notified or a winner’s name being announced if it is discovered that the winner did not enter the Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In such circumstances, an additional judging will be conducted.
16. The Promoter’s decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The total prize pool for the competition is $23,698 RRP.
18. The prize pool consists of 1 Flagstaff bedding pack valued at $1,259.75, 1 Rainforest bedding pack valued at $1,249.75, 1 Cottesloe bedding pack valued at $1,239.75, 1 Madrid bedding pack valued at $1,299.75, 1 Casamero valued at $1,379.75, 1 Vintage Washed Linen valued at $1,379.75, 1 Biarritz bedding pack valued at $1,239.75, 1 Brooklyn Waffle bedding pack values at $1,319.75, 20 pamper packs valued at $99.75 each, 50 Adairs gift cards valued at $20 each 500 Linen Lovers memberships valued at $19.95 each and, 1 x $500 Adairs gift card. (Prizes).
19. The Prizes must be taken as stated. Prizes are not transferrable to another person or exchangeable for other goods and services and not redeemable for cash. A Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
20. In the event that any part of a Prize is not available due to circumstances outside of the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternate product of equal or greater value as the original Prize.
21. All Prize items are valued based on recommended retail pricing inclusive of GST at 13 December 2013 and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in Prize values between now and the ultimate date on which the Prize is awarded to the winning entries.
22. Any expense, including maintenance or delivery costs, associated with accepting, taking or using a Prize, will be the Prize winner’s sole responsibility. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
23. The Promoter will take no responsibility if the Prize winner’s contact details are incorrect or incomplete and the Prize winner cannot be contacted.
24. Winners will be announced via the Adairs Facebook page and/or notified directly via the email address provided upon entry. It is the winner’s responsibility to acknowledge contact within 1 month of receiving notification.
25. All Prizes must be collected within 3 months of the date of notification of winners. Subject to the regulatory requirements of the individual States or Territories, Prizes not collected within 3 months will be forfeited and will be redistributed into the Prize pool for the Promoter and used for alternative contest giveaways.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any in-transit damage of Prizes.
27. Each entrant is responsible for notifying the Promoter of any changes to his/her residential address, email address or phone number during and after the Competition Period.
28. By entering the competition, you agree that the Promoter may collect and use your personal information including your name and email address to provide, administer and conduct the Competition as well as maintain and update our records, identify you, conduct product and market research, protect our lawful interests and deal with your concerns. We may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we will not be able to enter you in the Competition.
29. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments to assist us in conducting the Competition as well as to other third party service providers in relation to archival, auditing, customer contact, legal, business consulting, data processing, data analysis, information broking, research, investigation, website or technology services.
31. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions:
a) the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations; and
b) the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same Terms and Conditions.
32. If the Promoter finds that a Prize winner has breached these Terms and Conditions, then that Prize winner must promptly return their Prize to the Promoter upon receiving a request to do so.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence)
34. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entry for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which the Promoter determines (in its absolute discretion) is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, any relevant law or is otherwise deemed inappropriate, which includes but is not limited to entries which are defamatory, offensive or which if published or broadcasted would place the business interests of the Promoter at risk or adversely affect the goodwill, name or reputation of the Promoter.
36. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
37. The Promoter and others associated with this Competition and their respective related bodies corporate, officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or death whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss and including but not limited to any loss, damage, injury or death arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition, the promotion of this Competition, the use of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
38. The entry details remain the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant. Entrants agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual, non-exclusive royalty free and irrevocable licence to use, distribute, broadcast and sub-licence their entries worldwide.
39. At all times, entrants agree to act in accordance with Facebook’s Terms of Service and other related policies (available at www.facebook.com).
40. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Facebook. The Promoter is responsible for the lawful operation of this Competition, including:
a) Offer terms and eligibility requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions; and
b) Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the Competition and all Prizes offered.
41. By entering/participating in this Competition you acknowledge that you are providing your information to the Promoter, not Facebook.
42. By entering/participating in this Competition you agree to a complete legal release in the form required by Facebook in its absolute discretion in favour of Facebook in connection with this Competition.
43. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition at any time.
Privacy & Security Policy
44. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) National Privacy Principles (amended 21 December 2001) impose regulations for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, plus other matters including data quality and security, openness, access and correction.
45. The Promoter does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We do, however use third parties to process our postal direct mail and electronic direct mail distribution. These relationships are governed by confidentiality agreements. No warranty is given that the information is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination, nor that access to the website or any part of it will not suffer from interruption from time to time, without notice. All links to other websites included on this website are provided for convenience only and the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, availability, or appropriateness to the user’s purposes, of any information or services on any other website. The Promoter, as manager of this website, does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, availability, or appropriateness to the user’s purposes, of any information provided. If you choose to email us or complete forms on the website your contact details and information that you provide will be data based. It is your right to ask for disclosure of any of your personal information that may be held and on request we will remove your details from our records. For further information regarding compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), visit the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au
Pricing and Tax Information
46. All prices on this website are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Security with Credit Cards and payments
47. Adairs Retail Group does not store or database any credit card details within the Adairs or Adairs Kids website databases. Pending payments are processed via eWay once authorised. All payments are processed via a 128bit SSL connection to eWay, Australia’s leading payment gateway. For further security information on eWay you can visit their website www.eway.com.au. We currently accept VISA, MASTERCARD and American Express transactions via our online store.
48. User generated content, such as product reviews and blog posts, will be moderated. Our business and website have been built to be family friendly environments and commentary or content that we deem to be offensive, abusive, slanderous or defamatory will be removed from our site, or in the case of online reviews, not published.
49. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.