Better Homes & Gardens April 2014 / Bulla – Win a trip to Sydney (inc $1,000 cash & food recipe photo shoot)
My Bulla Family Recipe Promotion
Terms and Conditions (Skill Based Competition)
My Bulla Family Recipe
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
4. All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded per person.
5. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
6. Where the prize involves driving, travel or an event, winners and any companions under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian at all times. The major winner’s companion must be the prize winner’s legal parent or guardian.
How to enter
7. Entrants may enter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with My Family Bulla Recipe in the subject heading and their name and address in the body of the email answering the question posed in Better Homes & Gardens Magzines cover dated April 2014 – “Send us your favourite family recipe – image optional”. Recipe must include at least one Bulla product.
8. Entries must include all requested contact details and a recipe featuring at least one Bulla product to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
When to enter
9. The competition commences on 06/03/14 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on 02/04/14 at 17:00 AEDT. The winner will be the best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality of their entry, at the Promoter’s premises on 03/04/14 at 11:00 AEDT. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
10. The winners will be notified by mail and their names will be published online at www.bhg.com.au on 04/04/14.
11. Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prize on offer
12. Total prize value is (up to) $3,500, as at 04/02/14. ONE (1) winner will receive:
– 2 x Return Flights to Sydney for the winner and a friend valued at up to $1000 each person (total $2,000)
– Airport transfers and incidental travel valued at $200
– 1 x Twin share room for the winner and a friend (2 per room) in a 4 star hotel in Sydney valued at $300 per room per night (total $300)
– $1,000 cash prize in the form of a cheque.
– A professionally styled food recipe advertorial photo shoot – Money-Can’t-Buy
13. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Prize must be taken between 7th April – 18th April 2014. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
15. Flight portion of the prize(s) not available to the winner if they reside in the same state of the prize event.
16. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
17. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winners (and their companions) including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, airport taxes (including departure taxes), fuel surcharges, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
18. By entering the competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
19. Accommodation is twin share standard room. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home and their nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize unless expressly stated in these terms & conditions and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companions. Eligible Australian capital cities include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra and Perth. The winner must travel on the same flights and itinerary as their travelling companions. The travel prize cannot be used as part payment for another airfare package. Frequent flyer miles cannot be accrued on this prize. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be exchanged for other destinations. Travel restrictions & blackout dates apply. Prizes cannot be taken during peak periods or school holidays, and winners must provide all suppliers with a minimum of 21 days advance notice of intention to travel. Embargo restrictions apply during certain periods. Bookings are subject to conditions & availability (including but not limited to capacity limitations and other restrictions).
20. Photos that are copyrighted can not be submitted unless you have permission from the photographer/owner. Photos cannot be returned. By entering the competition entrants agree and understand that their written entries and/or photos may be used for promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant and/or owner of the photograph. Entrants under the age of 18 must seek a parent or adult/guardian’s permission to send any photo to the Promoter to enter a promotion.
21. Each entrant warrants that the photograph is a genuine and accurate representation and that the photo has been taken within two years of the date of submission. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. All photographs will be reviewed by the Promoter.