Laminex Project of the year – Win $10,000 business grant or $500 eftpos card
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY – LAMINEX AUSTRALIA’S PROJECT OF THE YEAR PROMOTION (“PROMOTION”)
Promotion Period – Key Dates:
Entries open: 12:00pm (noon) 1 March 2014
Final voting period closes 12:00pm (noon) 27 November 2014
Monthly entry period: 1st day – 20th day (at 11:59pm) of each month
Monthly voting period: 21st day – 27th day (at 12:00pm) of each month
1. The Promotion is conducted by the Promoter, which is Laminex Group Pty Limited (ABN 98 004 093 092) of 90-94 Tram Road, Doncaster, VIC 3108.
2. The Promotion commences on Saturday 1 March 2014 at 12:00pm (open of entries) and concludes (close of voting period) at 12:00pm on Thursday 27 November 2014 (“Promotional Period”).
3. The Promotion is only open to individuals who, are entering on behalf of their company of employment and:
a) are residents of Australia;
b) are aged 18 years or older;
c) are not employees of the Promoter, or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Promotion;
d) are not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee; and
e) have not been discovered to have breached conditions of entry of previous contests or promotions run by the Promoter.
4. Unless the context dictates otherwise, references to “Prize” in these Conditions of Entry include each of the monthly Prizes and the grand Prize (individually and collectively).
5. All entrants are responsible for ensuring their familiarity with the Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. Entry into this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
6. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility to enter after the Promoter has announced the winner and is within its rights to withhold the prize and award to the next eligible winner.
7. All prize values stated are in Australian dollars. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Melbourne, VIC which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDST) depending on the date.
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
9. Entry will be open from 12:00pm (noon) on the 1st day of each month to 11:59pm on the 20th day of each month during the Promotional Period. Eligible entrants can enter the Promotion by following the instructions stipulated in condition 10 (“Entry Period”).
10. To be eligible to enter, entrants must have created and completed a project using any eligible products from the Laminex Australia range, in any conceivable application. Eligible products must have been purchased from a Laminex Australia Sales Representative (“Laminex Representative). Eligible products from the Laminex Australia range include the following brands: Formica, Laminex, essastone and/or Trade Essentials. Applications can range from commercial to residential and to any space within these projects. Entrants can then enter the Promotion by completing the following steps during the relevant monthly Entry Period:
a) visit Laminex Australia’s Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/TheLaminexGroupAU (“Promotional Page”);
b) become a fan of the Promotional Page by clicking the ‘like’ button (if not an existing fan of the Promotional Page);
c) follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page;
d) input the requested personal details, including their first name, last name, valid email address, phone number, the company name, ABN number and Australian state or territory of the company they are entering on behalf of;
e) input the requested Laminex Representative details, including the Laminex Representative’s first name, last name and valid phone number (A Laminex Representative must be an employee of the Promoter and meet the eligibility requirements stipulated in condition 3a, 3b and 3e);
f) input a description of the project in fifty (50) words or less describing why their project is creative and innovative;
g) list the products used in their project (Formica, Laminex, essastone and/or Trade Essentials);
h) upload an original photograph of the project (the photograph must be provided in non-compressed JPEG or TIF format, at least 1MB in size and in colour); and
i) submit the fully completed entry form.
11. During the Promotional Period, the Promoter will display entries on the Promotional Page for public viewing and voting. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the Promoter publishing their entry/entries on the Promotional Page.
12. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
13. Multiple entries per company are permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry per project per company; (b) each entry must be substantially unique; and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements. For the removal of doubt, if more than one (1) company is involved in a project, each involved company is eligible to have one (1) entry submitted on their behalf for that particular project.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, breaches any provision of these Conditions of Entry and/or which does not comply with these Conditions of Entry.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, Laminex Representatives and entrants (including an entrant’s/Laminex Representative’s identity, age and place of residence and employment). Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant or winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of this Promotion, who acts in violation of these Conditions of Entry, who acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Conditions of Entry.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant/Laminex Representative, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant/Laminex Representative.
17. Voting will be open from 12:00am on the 21st day of each month to 12:00pm (noon) on the 27th day of each month, during the Promotional Period. Members of the public are able to vote for their favourite entry by following the instructions stipulated in condition 18 (“Voting Period”). There is a limit of one (1) vote per person per Voting Period.
18. Members of the public can vote for their favourite entry by completing the following steps during the relevant monthly Voting Period:
a) visit the Promotional Page;
b) become a fan of the Promotional Page by clicking the ‘like’ button (if not an existing fan of the Promotional Page);
c) follow the prompts to the Promotion voting page; and
d) click on the voting button of chosen entry.
19. Incomplete or indecipherable votes will be deemed invalid.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant (or invalidate his/her entry) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Conditions of Entry.
Monthly Winner Selection and Monthly Prizes
21. There will be one (1) prize for the winning entrant (“Monthly Prize Winner”) and one (1) prize for the Laminex Representative of that winning entrant, if applicable, (“Monthly Sales Representative Prize Winner”) for each month of the Promotional Period. There is a total of nine (9) Monthly Prize Winners and a possible total of nine (9) Monthly Sales Representative Prize Winners for each month during the Promotional Period.
22. At the conclusion of each monthly Voting Period during the Promotional Period, the entrant whose entry receives the highest total number of valid votes for that Voting Period, will, subject to verification by the Promoter, be deemed the Monthly Prize Winner for that Voting Period. The Laminex Representative included in the Monthly Prize Winner’s winning entry will be deemed the Monthly Sales Representative Prize Winner. The Monthly Prize Winner and Monthly Sales Representative Prize Winner will be notified by phone or email and announced on the Promotional Page on the 28th day of each month. Entries (including Monthly Prize Winners) in each Entry Period and Voting Periods will NOT be entered into any subsequent Monthly Entry Periods and Monthly Voting Periods but will be entered into the Grand Prize Winner Selection.
23. In the event of a tie to determine the Monthly Prize Winner, that is when two or more entries have received the same number of votes during a Voting Period, the Promoter will judge the tied entrants based on the creativity of both the project photograph and project description. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will be deemed the Monthly Prize Winner.
24. The Monthly Prize Winners will each win a AU$500 eftpos card.
25. The Monthly Sales Representative Prize Winners will each win a AU$250 eftpos card.
26. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming an eftpos card are not included. Any unused balance of an eftpos card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of an eftpos card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the eftpos card.
Grand Prize Winner Selection and Grand Prize
27. There will be one (1) prize for the winning entrant (“Grand Prize Winner”) and one (1) prize for the Laminex Representative of that winning entrant (“Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner”) for the Promotion.
28. Each entry (including Monthly Prize Winners) will be individually judged based on the following criteria:
a) the creativity of the overall project (design or application which pushes the boundaries);
b) the innovative function or application of the project; and
c) the broad appeal of the project (spaces that inspire).
29. The judging will take place in December 2014. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The Laminex Representative included in the Grand Prize Winner’s winning entry will be deemed the Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner and Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner will be notified by phone or email and announced on the Promotional Page in the week commencing on 15 December 2014.
30. The Grand Prize Winner will win a AU$10,000 ‘business grant’ awarded in the form of electronic funds transfer (“Grand Prize”).
31. The Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner will win a AU$1,000 Flight Centre travel voucher (“Grand Sales Representative Prize”).
32. It is a condition of accepting the Grand Prize and Grand Sales Representative Prize that the Grand Prize Winner and Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner must, if requested to do so by the Promoter:
a) participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable publicity and media editorial requests relating to the Grand Prize and Grand Sales Representative Prizes, including without limitation, participating in photos, and interviews (including without limitation, at the time at which the Grand Prize and Grand Sales Representative Prize are awarded to the respective Grand Prize Winner and Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner), and the Grand Prize and Winner Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner acknowledge that the Promoter or any appointed third party agency has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films (including the Grand Prize Winner’s and Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner’s name and likeness) in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner they see fit; and
b) sign and return any release of liability or waiver documentation provided to the Grand Prize Winner and Grand Sales Representative Prize Winner by the Promoter. The failure to return the signed documentation may result in the entitlement to the Grand Prize and/or Grand Sales Representative Prize being forfeited in whole and no substitute will be offered.
33. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Flight Centre travel voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the Flight Centre travel voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Flight Centre travel voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Flight Centre travel voucher.