Home Beautiful Magazine – Win up to $10,000 Cash
We’re searching for beautiful rooms and giving away a share of $15,000 cash! Share your beautiful room with us by simply uploading a pic at www.hb-beautifulrooms.com.au and you’ll instantly go into the draw! $10,000 will be awarded to our top winner and $5,000 to the People’s choice winner, as voted by you!
It could be your lovely living room, beautiful bedroom, kitchen, bathroom – any room you love! Share a pic with us today.
Note: You need to write something about your room and why you love it as well.
Conditions of Entry
Home Beautiful ‘Beautiful Rooms’
￼1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
Who can enter
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
4. To be eligible to enter, entrants must be the current owner of the property in which the room makeover/styling has taken place, must still reside in the property and the room/space must look like the images entered with.
5. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
6. Entrants must visit www.hb-beautifulrooms.com.au to submit their entry. Entrants must ‘Like’ the Home Beautiful facebook page, submit their contact details and submit a digital photo of their room as 1 full room shot.
7. Entries must be submitted and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. Hard copy photos will not be accepted.
9. Image size must be low resolution but clearly show the detail of the room. All uploaded photopgraphs should not exceed
500kbs in size.
must ensure that photos submitted do not breach any third party rights to or in the photo or subject matter of the photo. Photos cannot be returned. By entering the competition entrants agree and understand that their written entries and/or photos may be used for promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant and/or owner of the photograph. Entrants under the age of 18 must seek a parent or adult/guardian’s permission to send any photo to the Promoter to enter a promotion.
entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
photographs submitted in the judging process.
to supply this information in the requested timeframe may deem your entry unsuccessful.
completed room. Reasonable access must be provided on an agreed date and time.
When to enter
originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 18/06/14 at 10:00 AEST.
22. ThePromotermayselectadditionalentriestobeusedasreplacementsintheeventthatthefirstentrantchosenasthe major winner or the people’s choice winner cannot satisfy these Conditions of Entry or take a prize. The runner up in each category will be awarded the prize in the event the winners cannot comply with these terms and conditions or take the prize.
Prize on offer
One Major (judged) winner will receive:
• 1 x $10,000
One ‘People’s Choice’ voted winner will receive:
• 1 x $5,000
selected as the peoples choice winner the entry with the second highest amount of votes will be awarded ‘People’s choice’
and win the $5,000.
attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Intheeventawinnerdoesnottaketheprizebythetimestipulated,thentheentireprizewillbeforfeitedbythewinner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. Foranycashprizesyournameonyourentrymustbethatofaneligiblebankaccounttowhichachequecanbecashed. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to send cheques in the names as specified in the original entry. Winning entries
with only a family name or reference to a family as the entrant cannot be cashed by banks. If the winner of a cash prize is
under 18, the prize will be given to the winners’ parent or guardian on behalf of the winner.
within five years of the date of submission. Photographs must not be retouched or have been digitally enhanced. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry does not meet any of the criteria in these Terms & Conditions.
32. ThePromoterreservestherighttodisqualifyanyentrantsubmittinganentrywhich,intheopinionofthePromoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. All photographs will be reviewed by the Promoter.
Further Conditions of Entry
33. ThePromoterreservestherighttoamendtheseConditionsofEntryifthiscompetitioncannotberunasoriginally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
34. Anyentrant/voterfoundtohave(a)beusedanyformofsoftwareorthirdpartyapplicationtoenter/votemultipletimes (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter/vote on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries/votes invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
35. ThePromoterandtheirassociatedagenciesandcompanieswillnotbeliableorresponsibleforanyproblemsortechnical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
36. AllentrantsmustsubmitONLYtheirownoriginalanswers,designsandworks.Anysuchanswers,designsorworkscannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
37. Iftheprizeisunavailable,forwhateverreason,thePromoterreservestherighttosubstitutetheprizeforaprizeofequal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
38. ThePromoterhighlyrecommendsacurrentresidentialstreetaddressbeprovidedwhenrequestedforeaseof correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non- delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
39. ThePromoterreservestherighttorequestwinnerstosignawinner’sdeedofreleaseoranyotherrelevantformsor agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
40. ThePromoterreservestherighttorejudgeintheeventofanentrant,claimingtobeawinner,beingunabletosatisfy these Conditions of Entry.
41. Thejudges’decisioninrelationtoanyaspectofthecompetitionisfinalandbindingoneachpersonwhoenters.Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
42. AllentriesandanycopyrightsubsistingintheentriesbecomeandremainthepropertyofthePromoterwhomaypublish or cause to be published any of the entries received. Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd and its related entities collects entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to provide you with information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We do not sell personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal Compliance Department, Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015.
43. Inparticipatingintheprizes,thewinnersagreetoparticipateandco-operateasrequiredinalleditorialactivitiesrelating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
44. Prizewinnersareadvisedthattaximplicationsmayarisefromtheirprizewinningsandtheyshouldseekindependent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
45. NothingintheseConditionsofEntrylimit,excludeormodifyorpurportstolimit,excludeormodifythestatutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
46. Exceptforanyliabilitythatcannotbylawbeexcluded,includingtheNon-ExcludableGuarantees,thePromoter(including its respective officers, employees and agents is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.