David Jones – Take a selfie for a chance to Win 1 of 3 $500 David Jones Gift Cards
If you have good selfie game, you will be happy to hear we’re giving you the chance to win 1 of 3 $500 David Jones Gift Cards!
Simply head instore to our Elizabeth St store, take a selfie in front of your favourite floral display instore, follow #davidjonesstore and hashtag #attraction for your chance to win! The most creative entries will win!
4–14 SEPTEMBER 2014 – ELIZABETH STREET STORE, SYDNEY
The annual David Jones Flower Show at the Elizabeth Street Store in Sydney is in its 29th year. Created by a team of 30 specialists florists in over 10,000 hours, and attended by 300,000 visitors, the David Jones Flower Show is the biggest public event of our calendar. Featuring a wide variety of 150,000 live flowers, the David Jones Flower Show is open daily during store trading hours from Thursday 4 September to Sunday 14 September.
In 2014, the theme is ATTRACTION celebrating the powerful sensory engagement of flowers and their distinct scents. A wonderland of spring gardens, meadows, insects, and colours will feature in window vignettes and visual merchandising displays on the Castlereagh, Market and Elizabeth Street windows as well as the Ground Floor of the store.
Enjoy a complimentary guided tour of the David Jones Flower Show in the Elizabeth Street store, led by horticultural experts.
FRIDAY 5 SEPTEMBER: 9AM & 3PM
SATURDAY 6 SEPTEMBER: 10AM, 12PM & 3PM
MONDAY 8 – WEDNESDAY 10 SEPTEMBER: 9AM, 11AM & 3PM
THURSDAY 11 SEPTEMBER: 9AM, 11PM & 6PM
FRIDAY 12 SEPTEMBER: 9AM, 3PM & 7PM
SATURDAY 13 SEPTEMBER: 10AM & 12PM
Guided Tours are complimentary and bookings are essential on (02) 9266 5737
VIP NIGHT OFFERS FROM SHU UEMURA
Purchase a full quad palette from shu uemura and receive a deluxe size BB cream, valued at $23.
Enjoy a complimentary exclusive look for your eyes, with the palette designed for the night, valued at $30.
*In one transaction, One per customer. While stocks last. Offer valid in store only. Valued by shu uemura.
David Jones Limited
#Attraction Instagram and Facebook promotion 2014 Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is David Jones Limited (ABN: 75 000 074 573) of Level 8, 86-108 Castlereagh Street Sydney, NSW 2000, and the telephone contact number is 1300 36 89 89.
3. Entry in the promotion is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
4. The #Attraction promotion as part of the David Jones Flower Show commences from 6.30pm (AEST) Wednesday 3rd September 2014 and closes at 6.30pm (AEST) Sunday 15th September 2014.
5. Three (3) winners will be judged at the end of the promotional period at the David Jones Head Office. The winners will be notified by having a comment placed on their winning entry by the Promoter on Monday 16th September. The winners will be instructed to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their phone number, email, full name and address. The Promoter will contact the winner and send out their prize.
6. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must, during the promotional period:
– Follow us @Davidjonesstore on Instagram or @david jones on Facebook.
– Upload an image of themself (selfie) instore at the David Jones Flower Show (Ground Floor, Elizabeth St Store, Sydney, NSW) infront of the ultimate flower backdrop within the store.
– Tag #attraction
Entrants must complete the above entry process before 6.30pm (AEST) Sunday 15th September 2014 in order to be eligible to win a prize. Eligible entrants may enter multiple times during the duration of the promotion.
7. It is each entrant’s responsibility to adhere to the requirements of the Terms & Conditions, the prevailing terms and conditions of Instagram, Facebook and the Promoter’s websites respectively and the Promoter will take no responsibility for any entry or photograph that has been uploaded incorrectly.
8. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Entries will be judged in regard to entrants ability to hashtag #attraction correctly, follow us on Instagram or Facebook and upload the most creative image instore at the David Jones Flower Show.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
10. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses to registering multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. There are three (3) $500 David Jones Gift Cards to be won.
15. Total prize value over the promotion period is up to $1, 500 (AUD) (including GST).
16. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or be redeemed for cash.
17. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
18. The prize must be claimed within one week (7 days) after they have been notified. If any prizes remain
unallocated or unclaimed, the prize will be awarded to the participant who would be the winner had the original winner been excluded from winning. In the event of a re-judged winner, the winner will be contacted on the 8th day from the notification of the first winner.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
20. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
21. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
22. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
25. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
26. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
27. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry.
28. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
29. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
30. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
31. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
32. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
33. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
35. All entries become the property of the Promoter. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.