Borderlands – Win a trip with a friend to attend PAX Australia 2014
Are you a massive Borderlands fan? Are you so devoted you’ve actually dressed up as a Borderlands character? Oh, you were looking for a really good excuse to do just that?
We have an amazing competition for you! Grab your chance to attend PAX Australia 2014 with a friend and we’re going to immortalize your efforts in a fantastic photo shoot, headed by a specially selected cosplay photographer!
Fame, fortune and probably a few late nights await you… but we know it’ll be worth it!
Cosplayers can choose from 6 different characters from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Check out the cosplay guides on all the eligible characters:
Claptrap (Can be a prop)
The winner will be selected by our guest judges on August 26-28th based on accuracy, craftsmanship, and overall presentation of their costume.
We’ve assembled a badass group of experienced cosplayers to judge the submissions.
Deadline for submissions is at 11:59:59 PM AEST on August 25th, 2014 – to participate you need to email us with the following information:
Country (Australia or New Zealand)
Link to online image sharing service (Imgur.com, Google Drive etc) or attach the following:
Full body, head to toe, shot of finished costume, no photo manipulation allowed
Close-ups of props and costume piece
Minimum 5, max 10 photos per entry
Short description of costume
Planning to enter? Send us an email TODAY
General contest rules are the following:
Only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand
Each entry can display only one single character from the list of eligible Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel characters.
The winner will receive the following prizes:
A round trip to Melbourne, VIC and a ticket to PAX Australia for you and 1 friend
One night accommodation in Melbourne, VIC
A photo shoot with a professional cosplay photographer
Exposure on The Borderlands social media channels
Important Dates to Remember
July 17th – Submissions open
August 25th- Submissions close
August 28th- Winners are announced
September 2014 – Photo-shoot and social media exposure
For complete Contest Rules, please click here
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:01AM AEST ON 17/07/14 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM AEST ON 25/08/14. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES, LOCATED AT http://borderlandsthegame.com/coscontestausrules
BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL! COSPLAY
AUSTRALIA-NEW ZEALAND CONTEST
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. The contest promotional materials, including information on how to enter this contest, form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into this contest is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open only to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or over. Take Two Interactive Software Europe Limited and Gearbox Software LLC (collectively “Sponsor”), and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and their immediate families, participating agents and their associated companies are ineligible to enter. Take-Two reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
3. The opening date for eligible Entries is 17 July 2014 at 0001 hours AEST and the closing date is 25 August 2014 at 2359 hours AEST. Entries received before the opening date or after the closing dates will not be considered by the judges.
4. To enter the ‘Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! Cosplay Contest’, entrants must go to the Contest website at http://borderlandsthegame.com/coscontestanz, read and accept these Contest Terms and Conditions at http://borderlandsthegame.com/coscontestausrules, and email a complete Submission showcasing cosplay featuring one of the following characters from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: (1) Athena, (2) Nisha, (3) Wilhelm, (4) Claptrap, (5) Moon Moxxi, or (6) Handsome Jack.
Submissions must be emailed by way of the link on the Contest website to the following email address: BTPScosplaycontestaus@2k.com.
Photographs may be emailed as zip files, or by way of a link to an online image sharing service such as Imgur.com or Google Drive.
To be considered complete, each Submission must contain the following:
(i) Your full name;
(ii) Your email address;
(iii) Your country of residence;
(iv) A full body, head to toe, photograph of the final version of the costume;
(v) At least 5 and no more than 10 photographs of the costume or its parts; and
(vi) A short description of the costume.
All entry information and photos shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission”. All Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions (as defined below), as determined by Take-Two in its sole and absolute discretion. Take-Two reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of all aspects of the Submission, apart from any of Sponsor’s intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks, designs, artwork, and characters (“Sponsor IP”), which may only be used pursuant to the limited license described more fully herein; (b) apart from any included Sponsor IP, the Submission is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original; (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity and/or any other intellectual property right and will not include the name, photo, or likeness of any third parties; (d) the Submission complies with the Guidelines and Restrictions (defined below); and (e) the Submission has not been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind, won any kind of award and/or been exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
There is a limit of one (1) Submission per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Take-Two is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed submissions are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Take-Two.
5. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Take-Two, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
• All Submissions must be submitted in one of the following image formats: .jpg, .gif, or .png.
• All images submitted must not have been manipulated or edited in any manner.
• The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind, won any award or been exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, any other person or party;
• The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks of any entity other than the Sponsor IP, which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purpose of creating a Submission in this Contest;
• The Submission must not contain footage, images or artwork not created by entrant or owned by Sponsor;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may have similarities to ideas or concepts included in entrant’s Submission, and entrants understand and agree that they shall not in any way be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarities. Take-Two’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Contest Terms and Conditions.
6. All Submissions will become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish or not publish any or all of the Submissions, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity. CREATING AND SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR OF ANY AND ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN THE SUBMISSION OR ANY DERIVATIVE WORKS CREATED USING THE SUBMISSION INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, INCLUDING COPYRIGHTS. Sponsor grants eligible entrants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable, license to use Sponsor’s artwork, name, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Sponsor’s Marks”) for the sole purpose of creating and submitting the Submission for review and assessment in this Contest. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s Marks for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, entrants recognize that all right, title, and interest in Sponsor’s Marks as well as all derivative works created using Sponsor’s Marks shall vest exclusively to the Sponsor, and entrant agrees that he/she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to the Sponsor’s Marks except for the limited license granted to entrant in these Contest Terms and Conditions is transferred or created. Each entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s Marks are valid and enforceable, and that entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s Marks in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Sponsor’s Marks is permitted only for the purpose of making a Submission for entry in this Contest, and that any use of Sponsor’s Marks (whether in the Submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
7. Each entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor’s use in matters independently developed of material similar to or identical with the Submission or containing features or elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Submission will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with entrant, nor will it entitle entrant to any compensation of any kind. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that nothing herein shall preclude Sponsor from using any material in or similar to the Submission without obligation to entrant, including, but not limited to, if Sponsor has or has determined that it has an independent legal right to use such other material, including without limitation, because such features or elements were not new or novel, or were not originated by entrant, or were or may hereafter be independently created by or submitted to Sponsor.
8. On or about 26-28 August 2014, the Winner will be selected by one (1) judge from Take Two and by three (3) independent judges. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judging panel will judge the Submissions based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Panel Criteria”): (a) accuracy; (b) craftsmanship and (c) overall presentation. Subject to verification and compliance with these Contest Terms and Conditions, the highest scoring Submission shall be designated as a Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, all tied entries will be re-judged by an additional judge selected by Sponsor who will break the tie using the Judging Panel Criteria. There will be one (1) Winner. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. One (1) Winner will win the following: (i) a trip to attend PAX Australia 2014 in Melbourne, Victoria for the Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) and (ii) a photo shoot The trip to attend PAX Australia 2014 includes two (2) roundtrip tickets to Melbourne, Victoria, one (1) night of double-occupancy hotel accommodation for the Winner and Guest (two (2) people per hotel room), and two (2) passes to PAX Australia 2014. Approximate retail value of the Prize: $ 1000 ANZ but actual value may vary depending on travel cost fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize coincides with the dates of PAX Australia 2014 and must be redeemed during those dates (31 October 2014 through to 2 November 2014) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner (if time permits).
10. The trip includes round-trip economy travel from a major city near Winner’s residence and one (1) night occupancy at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, travel insurance, valid passport/identification required for travel (where applicable), additional accommodation or any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of Winner and Winner’s Guest respectively. Travel and accommodation subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner and Guest must sign travel release prior to ticketing. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the travel arrangements. Winner and Guest will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be provided instead, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. The Prize(s) is/are non-transferable. No substitutions, cash redemptions or cash or credit alternatives will be offered. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Take-Two reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) (in whole or in part) with a prize of equal or greater value, at Take-Two’s sole discretion. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s). ALL ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO POST, DISPLAY, OR OTHERWISE USE ANY SUBMISSIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WINNING SUBMISSION(S). FOR SAKE OF CLARITY, ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT EVEN IF ENTRANT IS A WINNING SUBMISSION SPONSOR IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO USE THE WINNING SUBMISSION FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. HOWEVER, SPONSOR WILL HAVE THE RIGHT, BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION, AS DETERMINED BY IT IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO USE THE WINNING SUBMISSION. IF ANY SUBMISSION IS USED BY SPONSOR, INCLUDING THE WINNING SUBMISSIONS, ENTRANTS WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY COMMISSION ON ANY PRODUCTS OR MERCHANDISE WITH SUCH ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION (IF APPLICABLE).
12. Should the PAX Australia (“Event”) portion of the prize be cancelled, postponed or in any way abbreviated, the Released Entities (defined below) will have no liability or further obligation to the winner other than to supply the trip, minus the Event tickets. The Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the ticket issuer. The Released Entities, and/or any other relevant party, reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the Winner and/or Guest who engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the Event. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event the Event is not held due to weather, an act of God, threat or act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Cash cannot be substituted for any ticket prize unless otherwise agreed by the Sponsor. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash or applied towards tickets for any subsequent years. No responsibility is assumed by the Released Entities if Event is cancelled rescheduled, delayed or postponed in whole or in part. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Take-Two.
13. Guests must be a legal resident of Australia or New Zealand and be at least 18 years old and the age of majority in their country of residence at the time the prize is redeemed. Guests must not be employees, officers or directors of Sponsor, or Sponsor’s respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers and distributors of sweepstakes materials, or the immediate families of each (including parents, children, siblings, spouse, and members of the same household, regardless of relation). Guests may be required to agree to release and hold harmless the Released Entities, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest or in the redemption or use of the prize, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, merchandise delivery and the like. Guest may also be required to grant Sponsor permission to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by the guest regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, wherever authorized by law.
14. The winning entry will be notified on about 28 August 2014 at the email address given in the Submission. If any winner cannot be contacted within 10 days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest Terms and Conditions, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score, at Take-Two’s discretion. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor may also require the winner to confirm their agreement to these terms and conditions again, and execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within 15 days of prize notification, and before receiving his/her prize.
15. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event any entrant or winner’s Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal/national, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state and country), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Contest Terms and Conditions or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
16. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Submissions which may prevent the Submissions reaching Take-Two or being judged in accordance with these Contest Terms and Conditions. Take-Two reserves the right to cancel or postpone this contest without liability upon the occurrence of events or circumstances beyond its control.
17. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 4 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Take-Two reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Take-Two may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Take-Two. Take-Two reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Take-Two may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize, and/or in any future contest or other promotion conducted by Take-Two if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs), has violated these terms and conditions, acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or has annoyed, abused, threatened or harassed any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO ENTRANT FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT. CHECK ENTRANT’S LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. The winner’s name will be made available on request in writing to Take-Two at Take-Two Interactive Software Europe Ltd, Saxon House, 2-4 Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1EN, United Kingdom.
21. This contest and these Contest Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
22. The promoter of this contest is Take-Two Interactive Software Europe Ltd, of Saxon House, 2-4 Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1EN, United Kingdom. All questions regarding this contest should be directed to Take-Two at firstname.lastname@example.org.