Adidas Football Boots – Win a $20,000 trip to the Brazil World Cup
ADIDAS WORLD CUP PROMOTION
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. By participating in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions; and agree to be bound by them. Entries must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
3. The promotion commences on 01/02/2014 at 8:00am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving (ADST) and entries close on 30/03/2014 at 11:59pm ADST (Promotional Period).
4. The promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, an Eligible Entrant is a person who (a) is an Australian resident; (b) is 14 years or older at the time of entry; (c) has obtained permission to enter this promotion from a parent/legal guardian if under 18 years of age at the time of entry; and (d) submits their entry into this promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Employees, managers and directors of the Promoter and its related companies and suppliers and agencies involved in this promotion are not Eligible Entrants, nor are their immediate families.
6. Multiple entries are permitted. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
7. To enter the promotion, an entrant must during the Promotional Period either:
a) Purchase a pair of adidas football boots from the Samba football boot range at a participating retailer and then visit www.adidas.com.au/howfar and follow the prompts
to complete and submit all mandatory fields of the online entry form for the promotion
b) Visit www.adidas.com.au/howfar and complete and submit all mandatory fields of the online entry form, including uploading a video, image or gif (Video) showing how far they will go to attend the 2014 FIFA World Cup (Video Entry). Entries must not exhibit any reckless, dangerous, illegal or offensive behaviour and must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Entrants who submit a Video Entry will not be judged based on skill, they will simply receive an entry into the prize draw.
Entrants who submit a Purchase Entry must retain their original purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
8. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, upon acceptance of a Video Entry b y the Promoter, the entrant’s Video will be displayed on www.facebook.com.au/adidasfootball for viewing by the general public. The
Promoter reserves the right not to accept or display on the website, and to remove from the website, any Videos submitted by an entrant at its sole discretion. For example, any Video containing inappropriate, distasteful or offensive material may be refused to be accepted or displayed on the website by the Promoter or removed from the Website at any time. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any entries at its sole discretion.
9. Each entrant who submits a Video Entry is responsible for obtaining all necessary licences, consents and approvals in relation to the Video (including in relation to the use of the name, image or likeness of any person who appears in the Video and any owner of copyright in the Video) to enable the entrant to enter his or her Video in this competition and to permit the Promoter to deal with his or her Video in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
10. By entering this promotion all entrants who submit a Video Entry: (a) consent to the Promoter using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) their name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies them for: (i) the purposes of any promotion or matter incidental to the promotion;
(ii) any other purposes of the Promoter including without limitation to promote the Promoter, the Promoter’s website and/or the Promoter’s products and services, at any time during or after the Promotional Period and via any means (including without limitation in national print media, on the Promoter’s website and in other promotional material);
(b) if their Video contains the image of another person, warrant that they have
obtained the consent of that person to the Promoter using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) their name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies them for any of the purposes set out in paragraph (a);
(c) grant the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, world-wide, royalty-
free licence to exercise, and sub-license the exercise of, any and all of the copyright subsisting in, and in the content of, the entrant’s Video. Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter has the right to use the whole or any part of the entrant’s Video for the purposes set out in paragraph (a);
and (d) consent to the Promoter doing any act or omission in relation to the Video that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Video.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability where an entrant’s Video is downloaded from the promotion website by any person, and for any matters after such download.
12. If an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the
entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter in writing.
13. All entries (including Videos) become the property of the Promoter.
14. The winner will be determined via a random draw.
15. The prize draw will take place on 01/04/2014 at 12:00pm ADST at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 3, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250.
16. The first valid entry drawn will receive a trip for two people to Brazil to attend the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The prize includes:
Return economy airfares for the winner and a travel companion from winner’s nearest capital city to Rio de Janerio, Brazil (dates and airports to be confirmed by the Promoter);
Five nights twin share, three star accommodation (as chosen by the Promoter) for the winner and a travel companion;
Tickets to a World Cup match (as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and subject to ticket availability) for the winner and a travel companion; and Return airport transfers in Rio de Janerio for the winner and a travel companion
17. Total prize pool valued at $20,000 depending on the winner’s point of departure.
18. The winner will be notified by the email at the address nominated in their entry form (unless the entrant has notified the Promoter of a change to their contact details in accordance with clause 12) by 02/04/2014 and will have their names published in The Australian on 15/04/2014. The Promoter may announce the name of the winner on www.adidas.com.au/howfar, the @adidasau twitter account and the adidas Football Facebook Page.
19. Additional spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), additional insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner.
20. The prize must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter (to coincide with the 2014 FIFA World Cup) and is subject to booking and flight availability. The Promoter will provide the winner with exact travel dates as soon as this information is available. The Promoter will not be liable if flights, hotels or transfers are delayed, altered or cancelled.
21. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion to ensure that they have the correct documentation for travel including valid passports, visas and Legal311709199.1 adequate travel insurance and any relevant vaccinations before entering this promotion. Failure to do so will entitle the Promoter to withdraw the prize.
22. The Promoter will not be liable if the nominated World Cup match does not take place. Match tickets remain the property of the Promoter and are issued subject to any club and stadium regulations. The winner must keep the match ticket safe and in good condition as no replacement ticket will be issued if the ticket is lost or stolen.
23. If a winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent/legal guardian on the winner’s behalf. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/legal guardian must accompany the winner as his or her companion.
24. Before the prize is awarded, the winners and their companions (or parent/legal guardian if aged under 18 years) may be required to sign a release and indemnity agreement, the terms of which will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Failure to sign the release and indemnity agreement will result in forfeiture of the prize.
25. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact an entrant selected as winner, but accepts no responsibility if an entrant cannot be contacted.
26. If necessary in order to distribute any prize which is not claimed, a second chance draw will be conducted on 30/04/2014, at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written directions given by any relevant regulatory authority. Winning entries from the original draw will not be eligible to win unclaimed prizes. The winner will be notified by the email at the address nominated in their entry form (unless the entrant has notified the Promoter of a change to their contact details in accordance with clause 12) by 1/05/2014 and will have their names published in The Australian on 20/05/2014. The Promoter may announce the name of the winner on www.adidas.com.au/howfar the @adidasau twitter account and the adidas Football
Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize, or any element of it, as stated. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes in whole or in part for something of equal or greater value in the event that any component of the prize is unavailable (subject to any applicable legislation). Prizes are not transferable, deferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or product. The prize cannot be sold to any other person (including by online auction or private sale). Unused portions of prizes will be forfeited and no compensation will be payable in lieu of that element of the prize.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including pursuant to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any death,
personal injury, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity and whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) suffered or incurred by any person (whether or not
arising from any person’s negligence) arising in any way out of or in connection with (a) this promotion; (b) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether Legal311709199.1 or not under the Promoter’s control); (c) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (d) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (e) any variation in prize value to
that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) if any event included in the prize is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter; (g) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (h) taking and
redemption of any prize.