ABC Gardening Australia Magazine – Gardener of the Year Awards – Win a grand prize of a $15,000 voucher for travel with Collette OR other minor prizes
Please visit the linkABC Gardening Australia magazine – Gardener of the Year Awards
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Conditions of Entry. Registration for and/or participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a condition of entry.
2. Entry to this competition commences on April 16, 2018, at 00:01 AEST and closes on August 6, 2018, at 23:59 AEST.
3. Entry to this competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over. Employees, suppliers, agencies and partners associated with this promotion (and their immediate friends and family) are ineligible to enter. Persons who have previously entered and/or won the Gardener of the Year award can enter this competition.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must either visit gardeningaustralia.com.au/awards and follow the prompts or post their entry to Gardener of the Year award, ABC Gardening Australia magazine, Locked Bag 5555, St Leonards, NSW, 1590. All entries must include a written piece, up to 300 words in length, as well as up to 12 photos showing different parts of the garden, and a sketch or diagram showing the layout of the garden. A photo of the entrant is optional. Postal entries must include a filled-in official entry coupon, found in the May, June, July and August 2018 issues of the magazine. Web entries must include a photo of this completed coupon, to be uploaded along with the garden photos.
5. Five state finalists will be chosen from the entries. The states are divided into: Queensland, New South Wales and ACT, South Australia and Northern Territory, Victoria and Tasmania, and Western Australia. One person will be chosen from among the five finalists to be the Gardener of the Year for 2018.
6. The Promoter is nextmedia Pty Ltd, Level 6, 207A Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW, 2065. ABN 84128805970.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry that is inadequately prepared and/or does not meet the following specifications:
(i) A valid official entry coupon must be included with each entry, as well as photos of the garden, a sketch of the garden layout and 300 words outlining the entrant’s passion for gardening.
(ii) Uploaded images must not exceed 2MB file size. (iii) Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. The Promoter may select photos from the entries to share on other digital platforms, including:
– instagram.com/gardeningaustraliamag – gardeningaustralia.com.au
The entrant’s first initial, surname and state of residence may be published beside the photo used. The full first name and address will not be published.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants. Without limitation, entrants agree to provide identification to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All email addresses collected from entries will be added to the ABC Gardening Australia magazine e-newsletter database. You may unsubscribe from this free service at any time. Please refer to nextmedia.com.au for the full Privacy Notice.
11. Five state finalists will be selected by the judges, who are members of the ABC Gardening Australia magazine team. Judging will take place in the month of August. One of the state finalists will be selected by the judges as Gardener of the Year. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
12. Finalists will be notified by September 7, 2018, by phone, email or letter. The Gardener of the Year winner will be notified by phone, email or letter.
13. Entrants may be contacted during the judging process by members of the magazine team or TV show team seeking more information or material.
14. The names of the five finalists and overall winner will be published on the gardeningaustralia.com.au website and in the print magazine.
15. The Promoter will photograph the five finalists’ gardens to be featured in the magazine. This will take place in the first half of September. The Gardening Australia TV show may also wish to film one or more of the winning gardens to air on ABC TV. Other entrants may be contacted in the future to have their gardens photographed or filmed by the magazine or the TV show.
16. If, for any reason, a winning garden is not available for the Promoter to photograph at the end of August or first week of September, the Promoter may, at its discretion, disqualify that winner (who will then forfeit all prizes) and select a different winner for that state. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the owner of the winning garden before taking this step. If an entrant thinks he or she will be uncontactable during this period, he or she should nominate an alternative contact on the entry form.
17. Insurance of the garden is the responsibility of the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage in a garden, incurred during photography and/or filming.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to photograph the gardens and winners, and to reproduce these photos in print and digital forms. The Promoter retains the copyright to all photos taken during the course of the competition, and
may permit partners and sponsors to share them on their print or digital platforms.
19. Photos submitted for this competition may be used in promotion of future competitions.
20. The Promoter may disclose the winners’ personal information to the prize providers for the purpose of delivering the prizes and promoting the competition.
1. The five state finalists will receive Prizes to the value of $300 from Gardena, Fleming’s Nurseries and Quell. Total value of Prizes for each state finalist is $900. In addition, state finalists will receive a silver trowel from Digadoo, and a 12-month subscription to ABC Gardening Australia magazine. One of the finalists – named Gardener of the Year – will also receive the Grand Prize of a voucher for $15,000 for travel with Collette.
2. The Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
3. The Grand Prize does not include any costs associated with travel visas if applicable, meals that are not included in the chosen tour package, tipping, any personal spending money, alcoholic beverages and incidentals not included on the tour, such as optional activities – these are at the winner’s own expense.
4. Collette is not responsible for any additional or incurred costs while the winner is travelling.
5. The voucher cannot be used towards flights only, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, meals (other than featured in the itinerary), laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or flight upgrades.
6. Travle insurance is highly recommended and is the responsibility of the prizewinner.
7. Accepting the Grand Prize is subject to any prevailing Terms and Conditions of Collette. Please refer to the brochure or visit www.gocollette.com for more details.
8. A valid passport is required with at least six months validity from the date of return.
9 . Names as per passport and dates of birth for all travellers are required at the time of reservation.
10. The prizewinner must be 18 years of age or over at the time of the trip.