Three Birds Renovations – Win $500 Worth of Ecoya Products (prize valued at $501.25)
SPEND AND WIN PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participation in the Competition
1. By participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
2. To participate in the Competition, the Participant must be an Eligible Person who makes an
Eligible Transaction during the Competition Period. Participants must keep their original
receipt or tax invoice from a Participating Store as proof as purchase.
3. An Eligible Person may make one entry for each Eligible Transaction.
4. To obtain entry, proof of purchase must be uploaded via the spend and win entry website
(www.valleymetro.com.au/spendandwin) during the Competition Period, attached to the
hard copy entry flyer and placed into entry barrel, or Participant must be able to show proof
of purchase at time of winning announcement.
5. There is no limit on the number of times a Participant may enter the Competition during the
6. To enter the Competition, the Eligible Person must, during the Competition Period:
a. make an Eligible Transaction;
b. upload their original receipt or tax invoice to the entry website;
c. ensure their email address is valid at the time of entry;
d. complete their entry via the entry website with details of the Eligible Person’s full
name and email address; and
e. if the Eligible Person is under the age of 18 years, be consented to by a parent or
guardian of the Eligible Person.
7. The Promoter (in its sole discretion) has the right to add or to remove from the list of
Participating Stores at any time.
8. Information on the Eligible Entry Form also forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
9. The Competition will be conducted at the Centre during the Competition Period. The
Competition will end on expiration of the Competition Period.
10. The Competition is only open to Eligible Persons.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of any Participant
(including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any
Participant who does not comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed
invalid. If requested by the Promoter, a Participant must provide the Promoter with
evidence of eligibility. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does
not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. There will be one Prize and one Prize Winner.
13. The Prize is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
14. Each Eligible Entry by an Eligible Person will be entered into the Competition.
15. The first Eligible Entry drawn at random will win the Prize.
16. The draw will take place on Monday 16 December 2019, where the Prize Winner will be
selected at random.
17. If a Prize Winner is under the age of 18 years, the parent or guardian of the Prize Winner
who gave permission for entry into the Competition will be deemed to be a Prize Winner for
the purposes of the Competition.
18. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the Prize Winner by telephone, email or
otherwise to arrange delivery or collection of the Prize.
19. If, despite reasonable efforts, the Promoter is unable to locate the Prize Winner within seven
(7) days after the winner is decided, another Prize Winner will be drawn at random. Any
subsequent winner will be notified in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
20. The Promoter may, but is not obliged to, publish the results of the Competition. By
participating in the Competition, the Participant gives their consent for their personal details
to be published in the manner prescribed in this clause if they are the recipient of the Prize.
If the Promoter decides to publish the results of the Competition, then the Promoter will
publish the results on the Centre’s social media platforms.
21. A Participant claiming to be a Prize Winner will be required to provide proof of identity.
22. The Promoter’s decision as to a Prize Winner is final and binding and no correspondence will
be entered into in relation to the conduct of the Competition or otherwise.
23. The Prize is subject to all the conditions relating to the use of the Prize (including validity
24. The Promoter will liaise with the Prize Winner to book the air tickets with EVA Airways
Corporation according to the terms and conditions of the ticket. The ticket must be booked
no later than 3 months after the Prize is drawn. Travel must take place in 2020, according to
the terms and conditions of the EVA Airways Corporation tickets. The Promoter has full and
final discretion in which hotel will be booked as part of the Prize.
Other General Terms
25. All Competition entries are the property of the Promoter.
26. The Promoter Entities shall not be liable (including, without limitation, in negligence) for:
a. any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including, but not limited to,
indirect or consequential loss); or
b. any personal injury suffered or sustained,
during the course of participating in this Competition or using the Prize, except for and to
the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
27. Each Participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter Entities against all claims,
losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Promoter Entities or any
third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Participant, the
conduct of the Participant in the Competition or the use of the Prize by the Participant.
28. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law
and subject to any written directions form a regulatory authority (if any) to:
a. disqualify any Participant; and/or
b. modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
29. Under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), the Promoter must notify Participants of certain matters
when it collects personal information about them including how it plans to use or disclose it.
If a Participant choose to enter or take part in the Competition, the Participant will be
required to provide the Promoter with personal information about themselves such as the
Participant’s name, telephone number, email address and the store the Eligible Transaction
30. The Promoter will collect, use and disclose the personal information which the Participant
has provided for the following purposes:
a. carrying out the Competition (including as described in clause 20 in particular and in
general for notification and promotion of Prizes);
b. carrying out marketing and promotional activities including, without limitation,
sending newsletters or publications and/or other marketing and promotional
material to the Participant about future Competition or promotional events (which
may be undertaken by the Promoter or any other person or organisation to which
the Promoter discloses the personal information (including contractors) for the
purposes of assisting the Promoter to do this; and
c. adding the Participant’s details to the Centre’s database.
31. By entering the Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of
his or her personal information in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
32. If a Participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use or disclose the Participant’s
personal information in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions and/or retain their
personal information for the purposes described herein, the Participant should contact the
promoter on (07) 3252 7344.
33. A Participant has the right to access, in most circumstances, personal information which the
Promoter holds about the Participant. A Participant may contact the Promoter on
(07) 3252 7344 to ask for access to the Participant’s personal information, or if the
Participant has a complain concerning a Participant’s information privacy. The Promoter
may deny the participant’s request for access in some circumstances. If the Promoter does
this, the Promoter will tell the Participant why.
access to and correction of personal information, about how a Participant may complain
about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how the Promoter will deal with such
(07) 3252 7344.
35. If a Participant considers that any personal information that the Promoter holds about the
Participant is inaccurate or if at any time the Participant’s details change, the Participant
may contact the Promoter on (07) 3252 7344 and the Promoter will take reasonable steps to
ensure that such personal information is corrected. The Promoter will take reasonable steps
to keep their personal information secure from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised
access, modification or disclosure.
“Centre” means Valley Metro Shopping Centre located at 230 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley,
“Competition” means the opportunity to go into the draw to win the Prize in accordance with these
Terms and Conditions.
“Competition Period” means the period from 9:00am on 20 November 2019 until midnight on 13
“Eligible Entry” means an entry which complies with the requirements of clause 6.
“Eligible Person” means an individual who:
(a) is a resident of Queensland;
(b) if under 18 years of age, has a parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the
(c) is not a Non-Eligible Person; and
(d) submits an Eligible Entry.
“Eligible Transaction” means an Eligible Person must spend $1.00 or more at either one or more
Participating Stores on the same day during the Competition Period. For the avoidance of doubt,
payment for services (e.g. electricity, gas, telephone), registrations (e.g. motor vehicle registration),
premiums (e.g. insurance and health fund premiums), rates, subscriptions, deposits or payments to
financial institutions or any similar payments (including payments made to Australia Post, lay-by
transactions, newsagency and lotteries purchases) will not qualify as an Eligible Transaction.
“Non-Eligible Person” means the following:
(a) owners and managers of the Centre;
(b) retailers of the Centre;
(c) suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Centre;
(d) the employees or contractors of the persons and entities in paragraphs (a) – (c); and
(e) any spouse, child, de facto or any other person living at the same premises as any of the
persons mentioned in paragraphs (a) – (d).
“Participant” means any person who participates in the Competition.
“Participating Store” means the following stores located within the Centre:
Valley Metro Hair Stylist
KFC – Valley Metro
Terry White Chemmart
Hart Fanning & Robinson
The Lucky Charm Newsagency
Mobile Phone Specialists
“Prize” means 2 x economy class air tickets to Tokyo with EVA Airways Corporation, $500 in cash
and 5 nights’ accommodation for 2 in Tokyo, or any substitute prize of a similar replacement type
and value as determined by the Promoter.
“Promoter” means Valley Metro Centre Management of 230 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley QLD
4006, managed and run by Jones Lang LaSalle (Qld) Pty Ltd, for the account – The Trust Company
Limited (ACN 004 027 749) in its capacity as trustee for the VMB Operating Trust (ABN 41 127 180
“Promoter Entities” means the Promoter, all associated companies, advisors and agencies and all
those entities’ personnel.