Network Ten – Masterchef & Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett – Win a travel package for 2 to Melbourne valued at up to $4,551
Masterchef & Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Masterchef & Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Sunday 9 July 2017 at 19:30 AEST and closes on Sunday 13
August 2017 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN and
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch MasterChef for the code word as advertised in the commercial breaks on Network
TEN or as provided on tenplay;
b. Head to tenplay.com.au and complete the form on the competition page including (but
not limited to) name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth
and opt-in to receiving updates from Visit Victoria;
c. Enter the code word and;
d. answer the question on the competition page in 25 words or less.
6. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of MasterChef on Network TEN, currently scheduled to air Sunday – Thursday at 19:30 local time, from Sunday 9 July 2017 to Thursday 13 July 2017 inclusive. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code word, announced on Thursday 13 July 2017 will be valid until the competition closes on Sunday 13 August 2017 at 23:59 AEST. There is no obligation or guarantee that the code word will be advertised on MasterChef on the WIN or SCA Networks. Code words may be supplied on tenplay once the episodes as specified above have aired at the Network’s discretion.
7. If for any reason during the Competition Period any MasterChef episodes do not go to air, the promotional code word is not displayed during any MasterChef episode, or any MasterChef prime time episode is rescheduled, the promotional code word may be made available on
Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 1 of 8
tenplay or on the Channel Ten Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/channelten at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
8. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word that has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
9. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. A limit of one online entry per day applies.
11. Entrants who have won a major prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
12. Entries must be received by Sunday 13 August 2017 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize Judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Judging.
13. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. The method of determining an entrants’ validity is at the discretion of the Promoter. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
17. Judging from all entries received throughout the competition period to determine one (1) Major Prize Winner will take place by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW2009fromMonday14August2017from10:00AEST. TheWinnerwillbetheEntrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the correct code word along with the most creative and original 25 words or less answer to the question on the competition page. The Prize Winner will be notified by phone call within two (2) days of judging and in writing and the winner’s details will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Thursday 17 August 2017.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 2 of 8
18. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
19. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by the winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason by Friday 17 November 2017 at 09:00 AEST, the Prize will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria, excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009 on Friday 17 November 2017 from 10:00 AEST. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination and will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 21 November 2017.
20. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
￼￼￼￼Up To AUD Value
￼￼￼1 x Major Prize
Return Economy flights for two (2) people from the Winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Melbourne, Victoria
Return airport/hotel transfers for two (2) people
Two (2) nights’ accommodation for two (2) people in a
minimum 4-star hotel
Return transfers for two (2) people from Hotel to Piggery
Café, Burnham Beeches in the Dandenong ranges
Breakfast for two (2) people at Piggery Café
Tour of Burnham Beeches property (nominal value)
1 hour of outdoor games (bocce/croquet/boules)
A Vue de Monde degustation meal for two (2) people
with matched wines at either 6pm or 8.45pm (max. 2
hour sitting time)
Cocktails in a window seat at Lui Bar for two (2) people
overlooking the spectacular view (either a pre-dinner cocktail or a night cap post dinner depending on which dinner sitting selected)
Return hotel transfers for two (2) people to Vue de Monde
$300.00 $80.00 $1.00 $20.00
￼￼￼￼￼TOTAL PRIZE VALUE UP TO – AUD
￼￼21. The total Prize Pool is valued at $4,551.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 3 of 8
23. The Promoter supports the responsible consumption of alcohol and guidelines can be found at http://www.alcohol.gov.au/internet/alcohol/publishing.nsf/Content/guidelines.
24. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must be over 18 at the time of travel, are responsible for all other expenses including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
25. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
26. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
27. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Sunday 19 August 2018, is subject to availability, and is based on two (2) people sharing a twin/double room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
28. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
29. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prizes.
30. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
32. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
33. Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
￼Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 4 of 8
34. If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
35. Return economy airfares from the Winner’s capital city to Melbourne for two (2) people included in the Major Prize (as stated above) will only be supplied if the Major Prize Winner does not live in Victoria. If the Winner is from Victoria they will forfeit the flight component of the prize and must make their own way to and from the hotel accommodation.
36. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include Christmas, Easter and summer holidays, during major events including the Australian Grand Prix, the AFL Grand Final and Melbourne Cup Carnival, Friday 29 to Saturday 30 September 2017, Friday 3 to Tuesday 7 November 2017, Friday 15 December 2017 to Saturday 31 March 2018,
37. Travel is valid for twelve (12) months from the initial draw date. Winners who do not travel within twelve (12) months will become null and void and will no longer be entitled to their grand prize. The Major Prize Winner must advise the Promoter and their agencies of their intended dates of travel at least three (3) months prior to intended departure date.
38. The Vue du monde component of the prize will be provided as a gift voucher. All Vue Group gift vouchers are valid for 12 months only from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. All reservations are subject to availability. The Major Prize Winner should contact the reservations team directly at least four (4) months prior to avoid disappointment. Expiration dates will not be extended. Please quote the gift voucher at the time of booking. Gift vouchers are highly negotiable and should be kept secure. Vue de monde will not be responsible for any voucher lost or stolen. Please present voucher to staff on arrival.
39. All travel and accommodation must be booked a minimum of 90 days prior to departure. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the winner and their companion.
40. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city.
41. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
42. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event that a winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the winner. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any
Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 5 of 8
costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
43. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
44. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
45. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
46. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
47. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
48. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
49. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
50. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 6 of 8
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
51. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
52. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
53. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
55. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Shannon Bennett Competition Final Page 7 of 8
organisation and how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
57. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.