Foxtel & Universal – Victoria & Abdul – Win a trip for 2 to London on a 12-night Cruise valued at $14,000
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
VICTORIA & ABDUL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
“Closing Date” means 23:59hrs on Sunday, 17 September 2017.
“Commencement Date” means 09:00hrs on Wednesday, 6 September 2017. “Determination Date” means 12:00hrs on Monday, 18 September 2017.
“Entrant” means a person who enters the Promotion.
“Facebook Page” means the Lifestyle channel official Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/lifestyleau/, the Universal official Facebook page, located at facebook.com/universalpicturesau, the Princess Cruises official Facebook page, located at facebook.com/PrincessCruises/.
“Foxtel” means Foxtel Management Pty Ltd ABN 65 068 671 938, of 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
“Guest” means a guest or guests allowed to accompany a Winner where specified in the Prize.
“Prize” means the prize or prizes offered in the Promotion.
“Promoter” means Foxtel and Universal
“Promotion” means this competition.
“Promotion Period” means the period between the Commencement Date and the Closing Date.
“Relevant Parties” means the Promoter and the agencies and companies that are associated with the Promoter or the Promotion.
“Supplier” means the supplier of the Prize.
“Website” means the Lifestyle channel website, located at www.lifestyle.com.au/win. “Winner” means the Entrant who in the Promoter’s discretion has the winning entry and wins a Prize, including in the Unclaimed Prize Award.
“Unclaimed Prize” means a Prize that has not been claimed or has been forfeited for any reason.
“Unclaimed Prize Date” means the date and time that the Promoter determines that the Prize is an Unclaimed Prize, being 09:00hrs on Friday, 17 November 2017. “Unclaimed Prize Award Date” means the date and time that the Unclaimed Prize will be awarded to another Entrant by the Promoter, being: 12:00hrs on Friday 17 November 2017.
“Universal” Universal Pictures International Australasia Pty Ltd ACN 122 951 099 of 1 Munn Street, Millers Point, NSW 2000.
2. All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
1. The Promotion is conducted by the Promoter.
2. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
3. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Promotion, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion and to take the Prize if they are the Winner.
4. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
5. This Promotion will be advertised on the Facebook Page, the Website, Foxtel electronic direct marketing and Foxtel on-air broadcasts.
6. An Entrant is eligible to win the Prize if they:
b) areovertheageof16.Entrantsundertheageof18musthave parent/guardians permission to enter;
c) and are not employees of:
i. the Promoter;
ii. the Supplier;
iii. any corporations or agencies related to the entities in paragraphs i.
and ii. above; or
iv. any of the Relevant Parties; and
d) are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by marriage or adoption) of a person who is an employee of any of the entities listed in paragraph c) above.
7. Entry to the Promotion commences on the Commencement Date and closes on the Closing Date.
8. To enter the Promotion, an Entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
a) go to the Website; and
b) click on the Promotion link; and
c) complete all of the required data entry fields on the entry form; and
d) answer the following question: “Tell us in 25 words or less which royal you
look up to and why?” (the “Entry Question”).
9. An Entrant’s entry must not be:
e) unlawful or capable of violating any law or giving rise to a civil action;
g) defamatory or libellous;
h) threatening or harassing;
i) pornographic or contain nudity;
k) offensive against a person or group of persons on the grounds of age, colour,
gender, national or ethnic origin, disability, race, religion or sexual preference;
l) incite or be capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a
m) in violation of the social media guidelines, rules or terms of service of the
relevant social media site or platform used to enter the Promotion.
10. Entry to the Promotion is limited to one (1) entry per Entrant during the Promotion Period.
11. The Entrant warrants that their entry including the response and any photos, images or videos (“Entry Material”) is: their own original work; it is not copied in any manner from any other work; and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights,
2 of 8
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
trademark rights or any other rights of any third party.
12. Entrants retain all ownership in their Entry Material. However, by submitting their Entry Material, Entrants hereby grant the Promoter an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the Entry Material for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Promotion, awarding the Prize and advertising and marketing the Promoter or the Promotion on all media now known or later devised, in perpetuity.
13. By entering the Promotion, Entrants consent to any use of their Entry material by the Promoter which may otherwise infringe an Entrant’s moral rights in the Entry Material, including (without limitation);
a) Exercising any of the rights in the Entry Material without identifying the Entrant;
b) Using the Entry Material in any way that the Promoter sees fit, even if it results
in derogatory treatment of the Entry Material (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).
14. Each Entrant warrants that:
a) they have the full power and capacity to grant the rights, warranties and
consents set out in these Terms and Conditions;
b) they will fully indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage suffered by
i. in the event that any of the warranties given by the Entrant are false;
ii. as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Entrant; and
c) they have consent from each person appearing in the Entry Material (or if a person appearing in the Entry Material is under the age of 18, from that person’s parent or guardian).
15. Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by Foxtel during the Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by Foxtel, not the time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment.
16. Entry via website or app is free. However, any costs associated with accessing a website or app in order to make their entry, are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the service provider used.
17. Entrants must make their website or app entries manually. Foxtel may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the entry has been made using automated entry means or by use of a computer entry service.
18. Should an Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date on which they enter the Promotion and the Unclaimed Prize Date, that Entrant must notify Foxtel of their correct contact details immediately.
19. All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant must, within seven (7) days of being asked and at the Promoter’s cost, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents that the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion, including but not limited to receipts, evidence of age, residence and identity.
20. The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. In the event that the Winner
3 of 8
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
cannot provide suitable proof of eligibility, they will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute or compensation will be offered.
21. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
22. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
a) fails to establish their entitlement to win the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
b) fails to produce items as required by these Terms and Conditions or produces items that appear to be illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
c) appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process; or
d) has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
will be one (1) Winner determined from all entries received during the
Promotion Period. The Winner will receive the Prize.
24. The Winner will be determined on the Determination Date by Foxtel at 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113. The Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has most creatively answered the Entry Question.
25. Foxtel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Universal will notify the Winner by phone/email within two (2) days of the Determination Date.
27. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize is
an Unclaimed Prize, it will be awarded to another Entrant on the Unclaimed Prize Award Date and will be conducted by Foxtel. Universal will notify the Winner of the Unclaimed Prize Award by phone/email within two (2) days of the Unclaimed Prize Award Date.
28. The Prize consists of:
Two (2) person in one (1) room twin share (Balcony stateroom) for the Winner and one (1) Guest on the Princess Cruises twelve (12) night British Isles Cruise (ex London – Southampton) including main meals and entertainment, valued at a maximum of $8,500.00;
Two (2) return economy airfares to London from Sydney Airport, Brisbane Airport, Adelaide Airport, Perth Airport or Melbourne Airport (whichever capital city is nearest the Winner) flying Singapore Airlines, valued at a maximum of $5,000.00; and
travel insurance for the Winner and one (1) Guest, valued at a maximum of $500.00.
THE TOTAL PRIZE POOL FOR THIS PROMOTION IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM OF $14,000.00.
29. All Prize values are correct as at the Commencement Date and are reflective of the recommended retail price and are in Australian dollars. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in the Prize values.
4 of 8
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
30. If the Prize (or any part of the Prize) is unavailable for any reason, Universal will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the Winner or any other party if the Prize (or any part of the Prize) is unavailable for any reason.
31. The Prize cannot be refunded or exchanged and, except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
32. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize become the responsibility of the Winner.
33. If the Winner is under the age of 18 they must be accompanied on the Prize by a parent or legal guardian.
34. The Prize must be claimed by the Winner by the Unclaimed Prize Date. All aspects of each Prize must be taken together as a package. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by Universal, the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
35. The Prize may be transferred at the Promoter’s sole discretion. In the event that The Promoter exercises its discretion to allow the Winner to transfer the Prize, the transfer will be on the condition that the transferee accepts all terms and conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions and Promotor may require such acceptance in writing at its absolute discretion.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a Winner to take part in an aspect of a Prize, if the Promoter determines, based on the advice of an appropriate and relevant medical professional, that a Winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in that aspect Prize.
37. The Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from them winning the Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the Prize.
38. Once the Prize has left the Promoter’s/Supplier’s premises, the Promoter and the Relevant Parties will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or loss or damage to the Prize.
39. If the Determination Date or Unclaimed Prize Determination Date is a public holiday, the determination will be conducted on the following business day.
40. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
41. Any cash component of the Prize will be issued to the Winner as a cheque in the Winner’s name and crossed “not negotiable.”
42. The Prize will be awarded to the Winner in Foxtel’s sole discretion.
43. By entering the Promotion, the Winner and their Guest agree that:
a) if requested by the Promoter, the Winner and their Guest will:
i. provide comments about the Promotion and/or a photograph or audio-visual clip of themselves; and
ii. participate in a promotional shoot in connection with the Promotion;
b) the Promoter may use their name, image, comments, photographs or clips
(“Materials”) for publicity and promotional purposes in any form of media, without reference or compensation to the Winner and their Guest or any other person;
5 of 8
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
c) the Promoter may use, reproduce, edit and communicate to the public the Materials at any time in any form of media;
d) the Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same; and
e) the Winner and their Guest unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials and waive all moral rights in the Materials.
44. Unless expressly stated, all costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize become the responsibility of the Winner and their Guest including but not limited to:
a) additional taxes (excluding departure and any other flight-associated taxes, where flights are included in the Prize);
b) costs associated with inoculations, passports and/or visa applications;
d) spending money;
f) transport to/from an airport departure or return point;
g) any extra sightseeing or activities; and
h) all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Winner and their
Guest as a direct or indirect result of taking the Prize.
45. The Winner and their Guest must ensure that they have valid documentation for travel and, the Winner and their Guest will be responsible for arranging travel insurance.
46. The Winner and their Guest are responsible for any amendment fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
47. Prizes are subject to seasonal embargoes and hotel and flight availability at the time of booking. Itinerary may have to be adjusted.
48. Frequent Flyer points are not available for any of the flights included in the Prize.
49. Airline tickets included in the Prize cannot be used as part-payment of another airfare.
50. The Winner and their Guest must travel at the same time, including flights and accommodation.
51. The Winner and their Guest must depart from and return to the same airport, either Sydney Airport, Brisbane Airport, Adelaide Airport, Melbourne Airport or Perth Airport (whichever is closest to the Winner’s place of residence). Unless expressly stated, the Winner and their Guest are responsible for transport to and from their residence to either Sydney Airport, Brisbane Airport, Adelaide Airport, Melbourne Airport or Perth Airport (whichever is closest to the Winner’s place of residence).
52. The accommodation will be one (1) room to be shared by the Winner and their Guest.
53. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner and/or their Guest at check-in, for all incidental charges.
54. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
55. For Prizes which involve overseas travel, the Winner and their Guest must ensure that they have valid documentation for travel, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or
6 of 8
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their Guest. If the Winner or their Guest are refused entry to the destination country for any reason or prior to their departure from Australia are not granted a visa, where applicable, they will forfeit the Prize and no compensation or substitute will be offered.
56. The Prize is subject to the following terms and conditions:
a) The Winners dates of travel must fall within the dates of the Princess Cruises British Isles cruises scheduled for 2018, the cruises available commence on:
i. 6 June 2018;
ii. 12 July 2018;
iii. 24 July 2018;
iv. 5 August 2018,
subject to availability at time of booking. The booking of travel arrangements will be based on availability of airfares and accommodation at time of booking;
b) Prize must be taken in its entirety as described, no variation will be permitted;
c) Winner must provide a minimum of ninety (90) days’ notice of intent to travel
(from intended departure date) to allow the Prize to be organised;
d) Winner will need to provide Passenger names, current passport copies and
intended travel dates to Universal at the time of booking;
e) Travel must be completed within 12 months from date of the Determination
57. The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time.
58. To the full extent permitted by the law, Facebook and the Relevant Parties will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, that caused by any person’s negligence) by any Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including:
a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
b) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and
c) any liability for personal injury or death.
59. If entry and continued participation in the Promotion is via Facebook, Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, available at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
60. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter (not Facebook) at the address given in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions.
61. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or take any other action, including to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
62. The Winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and
7 of 8
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
conditions imposed by third parties. The Winner and Guest must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the Prize and the Winner and Guest agree to be bound by such terms and conditions. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prize, or for the breach of those conditions by any person.
63. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not responsible for:
a) any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion; or
c) any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft; or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or Entrants’ details.
64. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
65. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. The Promoter and all Entrants irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New South Wales.
66. These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion. The Promoter may alter, modify, or amend these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion and will only provide Entrants with notice of substantial amendments.
67. Except for the ‘Entry Material, all entries become the property of Foxtel.
69. If an Entrant provides their consent by way of ticking the opt in box on the entry form for Foxtel to share their personal information with Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd (Princess Cruises) and to receive marketing communication from Princess Cruises they acknowledge that the use of their personal information will be subject to Princess Cruise’s privacy policies.
8 of 8