Channel Ten – KFC Always Original – Win $5,000 cash to put towards your own holiday adventure
KFC #KFCAlwaysOriginal Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the KFC #KFCAlwaysOriginal Promotion (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter.
3. Entrants under 18 years of age must have the prior approval of their parent or guardian to enter.
4. The competition commences on Saturday 06 February 2016 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on
Sunday 13 March 2016 at 23:59 AEDT (“Competition Period”).
5. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au
How to Enter
6. To participate in the Competition entrants must either:
a. Log into their Twitter account (ensuring your account & post is set to “public”) and
upload a photo with #KFCAlwaysOriginal
b. Log into their Instagram account (ensuring your account is set to “public”) and
upload the photo with #KFCAlwaysOriginal
7. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the creative merit of the picture. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to The Promoter and Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to The Promoter and Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
10. Only entries submitted by entrants whose Instagram and Twitter accounts are set to a ‘public’ status will be considered valid entries and included in the entries that will be judged. Any entry uploaded to an Instagram or Twitter account that is not set to ‘public’ will be invalid, and cannot be considered for a Major Prize.
11. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
12. There is no limit to the number of entries a person may submit, however, each entry must differ significantly from any previous entries. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, ignore any Entry which it deems not to be significantly different from another entry of the same entrant or it deems to be offensive or inappropriate, or not otherwise made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. One (1) photo with #KFCAlwaysOriginal will be counted as one (1) entry, regardless of how many hashtags are linked to the photo.
13. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period and one (1) major winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 on Monday 14 March 2016 from 10:00 AEDT. The Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most creative and original picture via their #KFCAlwaysOriginal entry. The Prize Winner will be notified by telephone, and/or in writing, and/or via their social media account (dependent on the information available to The Promoter) within 5 days of the Prize Determination Date.
14. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (ie Instagram or Twitter account holder).
15. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
16. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winners. If any Prize remains unclaimed by a winner or unallocated or forfeited or any reason, by 10:00 AEST on Thursday 14 April 2016, the Prize/s will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009 on Thursday14April2016from10:30AEST. TheWinner/softheUnclaimedPrizeDetermination will be notified by telephone, and/or in writing, and/or via their social media account (dependent on the information available to The Promoter) within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
17. Entries must be received by Sunday 13 March 2016 at 23:59 AEDT. Pictures must remain on the entrants Twitter or Instagram account for at least 7 days after the judging date.
18. An entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
19. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is an original work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
20. The Promoter and Kentucky Fried Chicken Pty Ltd (“KFC”) are entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other
KFC #KFCAlwaysOriginal Competition TCs 050216 (2) Page 2 of 5
compensation to the entrant. The Promoter and KFC are entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
21. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner who will receive the prize detailed below:
24. The total Prize Pool is valued at $5,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize values between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize/s are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. Prize monies will be transferred directly into the bank account nominated by the winner (subject to clause 26). The Promoter will not be responsible for the winner not receiving prize funds as a result of incorrect bank account number details or other details affecting the transfer.
27. If the prize winner is under 18 years of age at the time of the draw, the prize will be awarded to their nominated Parent or Guardian on behalf of the winner. The winner and parent or guardian may be required to sign a prize transfer form.
28. Prize monies stipulated above are in Australian Dollars.
29. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
30. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
31. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a
￼￼￼￼￼1 x Major Prize
· $5,000 cash to put towards your own holiday adventure
￼￼￼￼￼TOTAL PRIZE VALUE AUD
￼KFC #KFCAlwaysOriginal Competition TCs 050216 (2) Page 3 of 5
winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for an excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential , arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
34. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
35. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
37. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd and MultiChannel Network Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access,
KFC #KFCAlwaysOriginal Competition TCs 050216 (2) Page 4 of 5
update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
39. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
KFC #KFCAlwaysOriginal Competition TCs 050216 (2) Page 5 of 5