Network Ten – Masterchef: Visit Victoria – Win the Ultimate Culinary Escape in Melbourne valued at $14,220
Masterchef: Visit Victoria Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Masterchef: Visit Victoria Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Sunday 18 June 2017 at 19:30 AEST and closes on Saturday 24
June 2017 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch MasterChef for the code word as advertised in the commercial breaks on Network
b. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) the code
word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a TENPlay member.
6. It is free to become a TENPlay member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of MasterChef on Network TEN, currently scheduled to air Sunday – Thursday at 19:30 local time, from Sunday 18 June 2017 to Thursday 22 June 2017 inclusive. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code word, announced on Thursday 22 June 2017 will be valid until the competition closes on Saturday 24 June 2017 at 23:59 AEST. There is no obligation or guarantee that the code word will be advertised on MasterChef on the WIN or SCA Networks.
8. If for any reason during the Competition Period any MasterChef episodes do not go to air, the promotional code word is not displayed during any MasterChef episode, or any MasterChef prime time episode is rescheduled, the promotional code word may be made available on the Channel Ten Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/channelten at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
9. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word that has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
10. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. A limit of one online entry per day per TENPlay member applies.
12. Entrants who have won a major prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
13. Entries must be received by Saturday 24 June 2017 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Draw.
14. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd, will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. The method of determining an entrants’ validity is at the discretion of the Promoter. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
18. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday 26 June 2017 at 12:00 AEST at Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide SA 5000.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the winner’s details will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 27 June 2017.
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 on Tuesday 26 September 2017 at 10:00 AEST. The unclaimed prize winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and winner’s details will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Wednesday 27 September 2017.
22. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
Masterchef Visit Victoria Competition TCs 140617 Page 3 of 9
￼￼￼￼1 x Major Prize
Return Economy flights for two (2) people from the Winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Melbourne, Victoria
Two (2) nights’ accommodation at Crown Towers in a Premier Suite (subject to availability) in Melbourne, Victoria
Dinner for two (2) people at Heston Blumenthal at Crown – 10 course degustation at the exclusive Chef’s Table (Friday nights not available)
Lunch for two (2) people at George Calombaris’ flagship restaurant, The Press Club’ (weekday lunch only and not available on Sundays or Monday. Gift voucher provided if unavailable)
Cocktails at Lui Bar and a degustation dinner at Shannon Bennett’s Vue de monde for two (2) people (subject to availability: gift voucher provided if unavailable)
Return flights between Melbourne and Mildura for two (2) people
Special Access to Murray Pink Salt Lake Company, a hosted meal on the Pink Salt Lake (lunch only) and transportation by Murray Pink Salt Lake Company
Dinner for two (2) people at the region’s award-winning fine-dining restaurant Stefano’s (closed Sunday and Monday nights)
One (1) night accommodation on a luxurious All Seasons Houseboat floating along the mighty Murray River
Helicopter flight from Melbourne to the Mornington Peninsula for two (2) people (not over major events) and private transfer upon arrival
Hosted wine-tasting followed by lunch for two (2) people at Polperro Winery (closed Tuesdays and weekends depending on availability)
Dinner for two (2) people at the latest addition to the Peninsula’s dining and accommodation scene, Doot Doot Doot at Jackalope
Overnight accommodation for two (2) people at Jackalope including a sunrise breakfast
MasterChef-style challenge on the Mornington Peninsula – a MasterChef style cooking challenge between the Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion, teaming up with a local chef and former MasterChef finalist (subject to availability)
Private transfers to Melbourne Airport from Mornington Peninsula
Taxi vouchers for transportation
￼￼￼￼TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD
￼￼23. The total Prize Pool is valued at $14,220.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Competition TCs 140617 Page 4 of 9
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
25. The Promoter supports the responsible consumption of alcohol and guidelines can be found at http://www.alcohol.gov.au/internet/alcohol/publishing.nsf/Content/guidelines.
26. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must be over 18 at the time of travel, are responsible for all other expenses including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
27. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
28. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
29. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Sunday 24 June 2018, is subject to availability, and is based on two (2) people sharing a twin/double room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
30. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
31. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prizes.
32. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
33. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
34. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
￼Masterchef Visit Victoria Competition TCs 140617 Page 5 of 9
35. Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
36. If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
37. Return economy airfares from the Winner’s capital city to Melbourne for two (2) people included in the Major Prize (as stated above) will only be supplied if the Major Prize Winner does not live in Victoria. If the Winner is from Victoria they will forfeit the flight component of the prize and must make their own way to and from the departure airport.
38. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include Christmas, Easter and summer holidays, during major events including the Australian Grand Prix, the AFL Grand Final and Melbourne Cup Carnival, Friday 29 to Saturday 30 September 2017, Friday 3 to Tuesday 7 November 2017, Friday 15 December 2017 to Saturday 31 March 2018,
39. Travel is valid for twelve (12) months from the initial draw date. Winners who do not travel within twelve (12) months will become null and void and will no longer be entitled to their grand prize. The Major Prize Winner must advise Visit Victoria of their intended dates of travel at least four (4) weeks prior to intended departure date.
40. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the winner and their companion.
41. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city.
42. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
43. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event that a winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the winner. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Competition TCs 140617 Page 6 of 9
44. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
45. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
46. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
47. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
48. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
49. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
50. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
51. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Competition TCs 140617 Page 7 of 9
52. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
53. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
54. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
56. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd and MultiChannel Network Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
Masterchef Visit Victoria Competition TCs 140617 Page 8 of 9
58. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
59. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 17/01067, NSW: LTPS/17/14814, SA: T17/1004.