Channel Ten – Sisters – Win an All-Inclusive Relaxing Stay for Two at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 1 of 7
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Sisters
Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the
immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies
and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are
not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry
may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Friday 20 October2017 at 08:00 am AEDT and closes on Sunday
26 November 2017 at 11:59pm AEDT (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN and
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Take a photo of you and your friends / family then:
i. Log in to their Instagram account and post the photo with the hashtag #SistersAU OR
ii. Log in to their Twitter account and post the photo with the hashtag #SistersAU
6. All social accounts must be set to public during, and for 14 days, after the competition has
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. There is no limit to the number of entries submitted. However, each entry must be original,
and be significantly different from any previously submitted entry by you or another Entrant
during the contesting period, as determined by the Promoter. For the avoidance of doubt, re-
posting or sharing of an entry already submitted by you or another Entrant will not count as a
separate entry. You are not permitted to use any automated entry software or any other
mechanical or electronic means that allows you to automatically enter or enter repeatedly. Any
such entries will render all entries submitted by that person invalid. You are responsible for any
associated costs of entry, including internet access and phone calls.
9. Entries must be received by Sunday 26 November 2017 at 11:59pm AEDT to be included in the
Prize judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be
entered into the Prize judging.
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 2 of 7
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram
and/or Twitter. You are providing your information to The Promoter and not to Instagram or
Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless
otherwise specified in these terms and conditions. By submitting your entry, you agree to act in
at https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511 and https://twitter.com/en/tos.
11. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be
individually judged based on the most original, aesthetically pleasing and creative photo. The
judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every
person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering into the Competition you:
represent the Promoter that you are (or are authorised by) the parent or legal guardian of
any person under 18 years of age appearing in the entry (“Child”) and agree on behalf of
yourself and the Child to these Terms and Conditions;
represent the Promoter that all persons featured in the photo have authorised you to
upload the photo for the purposes of the Competition and agree on their behalf to these
Terms and Conditions; and
consent to the Promoter using your entry in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute
discretion without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant,
including communication of the entry in any media (now existing or hereafter devised)
throughout the world in perpetuity which may include broadcast on Channel Ten, Channel
Eleven or Channel One, publication on the Promoter’s website, promotional, marketing and
consent to the Promoter editing the entry in any way;
grant to the Promoter the right to use your name, image and likeness in connection with the
entry and the competition;
assign to the Promoter, by way of present and future assignment of existing and future
rights, all right, title and interest in all material created in connection with the entry
immediately upon its creation and consent to the Promoter using all or part of the entry in
any manner, including licensing this material to any person or company;
consent to such acts that might otherwise infringe your moral rights in respect of all material
created under these Terms and Conditions and you agree that the Promoter is not required
to credit you in its use/exploitation of the entry;
agree that your only remedy in connection with the entry is an action at law for damages (if
(to the fullest extent permissible by law) release the Promoter, and the Promoter’s servants
and agents from any claim by or on behalf of you arising out of or in connection with:
o your participation in the entry or the Competition; or
o the exploitation of the entry or the Competition.
13. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original work of the
Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the
information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the
Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for
the purposes of this promotion. The entrant warrants that they have the approval of any person
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 3 of 7
featured in the entry. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs
by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
14. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem
inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter in respect of any
claims arising out of such conduct.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss,
damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use
another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits
the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be
entitled to any fee for such use.
18. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period. One (1)
Major Prize Winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont NSW 2009 on Monday 27 November from 10:00am AEDT. The Major Winner will be
the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most original, aesthetically
pleasing and creative photo. The Minor Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of
the judges, has submitted the next most original, aesthetically pleasing and creative photos. The
Prize Winners will be notified in writing via an Instagram and/or Twitter post submitted by the
Promoter tagging the Major Prize Winners within two working (2) days of the Prize
Determination Date. The method of Winner notification will be dependent on the contact
information that is available for the Major Prize Winners. The winner notification will include a
request to contact Network TEN via an email address provided in the notification.
19. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
20. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by
the winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Monday 4 December 2017 at 17:00
AEDT, the Prize/s will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best
meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This
Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont,
NSW 2009 at Monday 4 December 2017 from 17:01 AEDT. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination will be notified by in writing and/or via an Instagram and/or Twitter post
submitted by the Promoter tagging the Major Prize Winners within two (2) days of the
Unclaimed Prize Determination Date. The method of Winner notification will be dependent on
the contact information that is available for the Major Prize Winners. The winner notification
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 4 of 7
will include a request to contact Network TEN via an email address provided in the notification.
21. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner judged from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package:
Number Prize Details
At up to AUD
1 x Major
Five (5) day stay for two (2) at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat.
Deluxe Orchard Suite accommodation, fully inclusive
package, including all organic meals and snacks, all
activities, selected spa treatments, wellness seminars, plus
courtesy transfer from Gold Coast airport at set times
booked subject to availability at Gwinganna.
$1,000 contributed to flights via Flight Centre voucher
TOTAL MAXIMUM PRIZE POOL VALUED AT UP TO
22. The total Prize Pool is valued at $7,380.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
23. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the
responsibility of the winners.
24. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions must travel at the same time and from
the same nearest capital city and are responsible for all other expenses including spending
money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry
charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight
associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and
all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified in the prize
inclusions) but is highly recommended.
25. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax
implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
26. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
27. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
28. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prize.
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 5 of 7
29. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
31. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
32. The Promoter, and all organisers, sponsors and any other persons and organisations associated
in any way with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions
or other issues that may exist at any event, or during participation of any activity. All Prize
Winners, agree that The Promoter, and all organisers, sponsors and any other persons and
organisations associated with the provision of the Prize(s) are released from all liability in
relation to any injury or loss that Prize Winner may potentially suffer. All prize winners
participate in the prize at their own risk.
33. Personal information about all prize winners will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s
for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
34. If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements of notification of winning, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the
winner will have no further claim. A re-judging will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid
35. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an Entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter of these changes. A request to access or modify any information provided in an
entry should be directed to the Promoter.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in
a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
37. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to
reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
38. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
39. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 6 of 7
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
40. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your
entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be
determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a
winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the
Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their
medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is
a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
41. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
42. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
43. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
44. As a condition of participating in this Competition, the winners indemnify the Promoter, and all
organisers, sponsors and any other persons and organisations associated in any way with this
Competition, against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees on
a solicitor and client basis) which the Promoter may incur arising out of the winner’s
participation in the Competition and/or participation in a prize, howsoever caused.
45. The Promoter, and all organisers, sponsors and any other persons and organisations associated
in any way with this Competition, shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is
suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury
suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law. The Promoter, and all organisers, sponsors and any other persons and
organisations associated in any way with this Competition, are not responsible for any incorrect
or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or
programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any
Sisters Competition TCs181017 Page 7 of 7
combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition
including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or
unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
46. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Network Pty Ltd.
Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and
winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of
public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname,
initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
47. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy to view Network Ten
how you may complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our
organisation and how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose
your personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
48. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont