Yates – Peter Rabbit – Win a major prize of a trip for 4 to Rangitikei Farmstay in New Zealand OR 1 of 4 weekly prizes of a family movie pass for 4
Terms and conditions
Promotion Name “Yates & Peter Rabbit Promotion”
Promoter The Promoter is Yates Australia a division of DuluxGroup (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 67 000 049 427) of 1956 Dandenong Rd, Clayton, Victoria 3168. Telephone: 1300 369 074
Promotion Type Game of Chance.
Promotion Period The Promotion will commence at 12.00am AEDST 01/03/2018 and close at 11.59pm AEST on 11/04/2018 (Promotion Period).
Participating Store Stores participating in the Promotion are any retail outlet selling Yates products, as determined by the Promoter, except as set out below (Participating Stores). Participating Stores may display promotion materials. If in doubt, an entrant may ask a store whether or not they are participating in the Promotion. Online retailers and wholesale distributors are excluded from the Promotion.
Entry Restrictions This promotion is only open to residents of Australia for purchases made in Australia. Entrants under 18 years of age must get permission from a parent or guardian before entering. Employees (and their Immediate Families) of the Promoter, the Participating Stores or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or any agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. “Employees” means any directors, management, employees, concessionaires, consultants, officers and contractors or other such people who perform work under the control of another in exchange for payment. “Immediate Family(ies)” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin and the persons referred to above includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter).
The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
How to enter
To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a) purchase any Yates branded product (Eligible Products) from a Participating Store (Qualifying Purchase);
b) visit www.yates.com.au/peterrabbit (Website) and enter all requested details, including the name of the Participating Store where the Eligible Product was purchased;
c) after entering their requested details entrants will be given the opportunity to join the Yates Gardening Club; and
d) entrants must retain their proof of purchase
Joining the Yates Gardening Club is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Yates Gardening Club.
There will be 2 types of draws. There will be 6 weekly draws and 1 major draw.
All random prize draws will be conducted at the office of Yates Australia at 1 Gow Street, Padstow, NSW (Draw Location) by a representative of the Promoter at 11am on the dates detailed below. Any entries received in a particular weekly draw will not be included in subsequent weekly draws but will be entered in the major draw.
The weekly draws will take place on the following dates:
Entries for each weekly draw will close at 11.59pm (Sydney local time) on the Wednesday immediately preceding the relevant weekly draw date.
The first 4 valid entries in each weekly draw will win the Weekly Prize as detailed below.
The major draw will take place on 16/04/2018. The first valid entry draw in the major draw will win the Major Prize as detailed below.
Prizes and total prize pool
Weekly Prizes: the 4 winning entrants in each weekly draw will each win a family movie pass for 4 people. Each family pass is valued at $80.
Major Prize: The winning entrant will win the prize of a trip to Rangitikei Farmstay in New Zealand, for 4 people valued at up to AU$8,050, depending on date of travel and point of departure. The prize contains the following:
(a) return economy airfares for 4 people to Wellington from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city;
(b) 3 days self-drive car hire (The driver must be aged 25 years or over and have an unrestricted car licence. If no one can take-up this component of the prize the winner will receive AU$340 in lieu of this component of the prize);
(c) 3 night’s accommodation for 4 people at Rangitikei Farmstay in a shared room (which includes one double, one single and one trundle bed);
(d) set breakfast, dinner and campfire dessert daily;
(e) one set animal tour;
(f) one set river tour (all people must be aged 3 years or over);
(g) mustering and shearing experience; and
(h) subject to eligibility, set travel insurance for prize duration only.
Total prize pool is up to AU$9,970.
Notification The winners will be notified by email within 2 business days of the relevant draw and will be advertised at www.yates.com.au/garden-club/promotion-winners on:
Weekly draw 1: 16/03/2018;
Weekly draw 2: 23/03/2018;
Weekly draw 3: 29/03/2018;
Weekly draw 4: 6/04/2018;
Weekly draw 5: 13/4/2018;
Weekly draw 6: 20/04/2018;
Major draw: 20/04/2018.
Prize Claim Date and Time Prizes must be claimed before following relevant dates as applicable to the prize:
Weekly Prize 1: 22/03/2018;
Weekly Prize 2: 28/03/2018;
Weekly Prize 3: 5/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 4: 12/4/2018;
Weekly Prize 5: 19/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 6: 26/04/2018
Major Prize: 16/07/2018.
Unclaimed Prize Draw If a prize remains unclaimed or is forfeited for any reason, the Promoter may conduct a further draw or draws as the Promoter deems necessary to distribute any unclaimed prize(s), subject to any written directions under relevant Lottery and Gaming Regulations. The Unclaimed Prize Draws (if any) shall take place at 11am on the relevant dates as listed below at the same location as the original draws.
Weekly Prize 1: 23/03/2018;
Weekly Prize 2: 29/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 3: 6/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 4: 13/4/2018;
Weekly Prize 5: 20/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 6: 27/04/2018;
Major draw: 17/07/2018.
Winners, if any, will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw. Winners, if any, will be published at www.yates.com.au/garden-club/promotion-winners on the following dates:
Weekly Prize 1: 26/03/2018;
Weekly Prize 2: 3/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 3: 9/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 4: 16/4/2018;
Weekly Prize 5: 23/04/2018;
Weekly Prize 6: 30/04/2018;
Major draw: 19/07/2018.
Entry Limits Limit of one (1) entry per Qualifying Purchase. Maximum of three (3) entries per person per day.
Verification /Proof of Purchase Entrants must retain their original itemised receipt/s to verify each entry and must retain these until their prize has been received.
Additional prize terms Additional Weekly Prize terms are as follows:
Standard movie pass terms and conditions apply. Movie passes can be redeemed for 4 tickets to see the new Peter Rabbit movie at participating theatres. Tickets are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Tickets are valid for the season of the film playing time, relevant to participating locations. No responsibility accepted for late, lost, stolen tickets or movie passes.
Additional Major Prize terms are as follows:
• The Major Prize must be completed within 12 months of the start of the Promotion Period. If the Major Prize winner is unable to take the prize within the travel dates as required they will forfeit their right to the prize. However, the Promoter may at its discretion allow the Major Prize winner to transfer the prize to another person within the twelve month period at the expense of the Major Prize winner.
• The Major Prize winner and each of his/her companions will be responsible for and must have a valid passport (with at least 6 months validity from the date arriving back in Australia when taking the prize), he/she will also be responsible for any visas or other necessary travel documentation or requirements.
• Dates of travel must be confirmed within 90 days of notification of winning the prize, and cannot be taken during Australian or New Zealand public holiday periods or between 12/12/2018 to 16/01/2019.
• Travel must be completed within 12 months of the start of the Promotional Period.
• Additional spending money, additional meals, additional insurance, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
• Prize travel itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
• Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize.
• Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
• Winner and/or companions will be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. This is mandatory.
• If for any reason a winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take a prize (or an element of a prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
• Package is based on 4 people sharing a room.
• All elements are subject to availability at time of booking. There is no cash alternative. Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• At least one person travelling must be 18 years or over.
• If the winner is under 18 then his/her guest must be his/her parent or guardian aged 18 years or over.
• Car hire driver must be over 25 years of age with full clean licence. If no person is eligible to drive the vehicle, then the winner will receive a $340 travel allowance. Prize does not include cost of child/children car seat/s hire.
• Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferable. Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and their travelling companions. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods.
• Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
• Flights are economy class and may be indirect. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, from the same point of departure, and are responsible for transport from their residence to the winner’s nearest Capital City Airport in Australia. These conditions apply for all flights.
• Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the Promoter’s absolute and final decision.
• The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow any winner (or his/her companions) to participate in all or some aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, based on the advice of an appropriate and relevant medical professional, that the individual is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to participate those relevant parts of the prize.
Permit Numbers Authorised under Permits: NSW. LTPS/18/21295; ACT. TP 18/00090; SA. T18/82.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the “Yates & Peter Rabbit Promotion” competition (Promotion) and prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
3. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with these Terms and Conditions at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
4. Incomplete and indecipherable entries and any entry which has incorrectly entered personal information or contact details shall be deemed an invalid entry. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, misdirected, ineligible or illegible/inaudible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged proof of entry or things required by the Verification Requirements).
5. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Term and Conditions and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and/or prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion or a prize event/activity if the entrant:
a. disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any of these things to the Promoter, another entrant or potential entrant of, or anyone else associated with, this Promotion;
b. submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process; or
c. engages in conduct in relation to this Promotion which is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter’s goodwill or reputation.
7. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to approval from a relevant regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
8. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
9. Entries must be received by the Promoter and will be deemed to have been received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. Online and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
10. Each entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the prize(s). Any entrant, prize winner and/or participants in a Promotion event may be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and waiver of liability for participation in the Promotion or a Prize event and to expressly acknowledge that entry into this Promotion or participation in a Promotion event or Prize may be inherently dangerous, and that if they choose to participate they will do so at their own risk. A reasonable level of health and fitness may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to preclude participation of anyone refusing to sign the acknowledgement/waiver.
11. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website are the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Entrants must submit their entries and/or claims manually using an internet browser.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise, injury or damage to entries or to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the competition subject to approval from any relevant authority.
13. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14. As a condition of claiming a prize, the participant (or a parent or guardian on their behalf if aged under 18) may be required to (at the Promoter’s discretion) sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
15. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Promotion using Facebook. However, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
16. The prize(s) and/or parts of the prize(s) is/are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless the prize is cash). If a prize, or an element of a prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it, subject to the approval of any relevant authority. The Promoter and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
17. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted using such means as invalid.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
19. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
20. Entrants irrevocably consent and assign to the Promoter all intellectual property including copyright in the images submitted by them during this Promotion. Entrants also irrevocably consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties required for the provision of the Prize. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may disclose the information for those purposes to its related bodies corporate and contractors. If entrants do not provide the information requested they will not be able to enter the Promotion.
22. In addition to the privacy term set out above, if the entrant has ticked the “opt-in” box, the Promoter may also use personal information entrants provide to send information about the Promoter’s products and services (including via electronic means), and may disclose the information to its related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors (including call centres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) the Promoter engages for that purpose.
23. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to refer the matter to law enforcement authorities and/or to seek damages or such other civil remedies as the Promoter may determine from time to time to the fullest extent permitted by law.