isubscribe – Win a family holiday for 4 in Honolulu valued at up to $15,000
NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd
Group Mother’s Day Promotion Competition in partnership with Helloworld Travel Ltd
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Helloworld Travel Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday April 1, 2019 at 08:00 (AEDT) and concludes on Friday 31st May, 2019 at 23:59 (AEDT).
4. The competition will be advertised in/on:
• Vogue Living Magazine – May/June 2019 issue
• delicious. – May 2019 Issue
• Super Food ideas – May 2019 issue
• Taste.com.au Magazine – May 2019 issue
• Vogue Australia – May 2019 issue
5. To enter, participants must subscribe to either or any of the above magazine publications for minimum twelve (12) month term (# of issues vary by title). Participants will be required to supply their details, including but not limited to their full name, address, state, telephone number and email address.
6. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants in the competition may enter only once per subscription purchase.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including subscription receipt) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) on Friday 31st May, 2019. The time of entry will in each case be the subscription is finalised and received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
13. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrant’s
individual Internet Service Provider.
14. One (1) Major Winner will receive the following:
i) Return Economy Plus class flights for four (4) travelers (up to 2 Adults and 2 Children up to 17 years of age) from the winner’s nearest capital city of either Sydney or Melbourne and onwards via Los Angeles or San Francisco to Honolulu and return. Subject to availability, United allows stopovers in both or either direction in San Francisco or Los Angeles. Any transfer and hotel costs in Los Angeles or San Francisco is at the winners own cost. Any hotel accommodation in Sydney or Melbourne due to flight timings from other capital cities is at the winners own expense. valued up to $8,000.00 (including GST)
ii) Transfers to and from Honolulu airport to Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa, valued at $600 (including GST),
iii) Four (4) nights’ accommodation at the Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii, in a Standard View Room for up to two (2) Adults and two (2) Children (up to 17 years of age), sharing existing bedding, valued at $3,597.00 (including GST) and includes a Makahiki Character Breakfast on one (1) morning for two (2) Adults and two (2) Children (up to 17 years of age).
iv) A Helloworld Travel Ltd Voucher to the value of $2,000 (AUD) for use via Helloworld Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited (ABN 84 003 237 296) trading as Helloworld Travel online. Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen gift cards will not be replaced refunded or redeemed. The Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer of respective gift voucher which include but are not limited to:
a) Gift vouchers are redeemable for merchandise or services at participating Helloworld Travel shops in Australia only (excluding traveller’s cheques and bookings made online);
b) Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash and must be redeemed by the expiry date shown card;
c) Gift vouchers will be void and not redeemed after expiry date;
d) Gift vouchers cannot be re-loaded or increased after issue and are not partially redeemable in that it cannot be used on more than one occasion.
e) Participating Helloworld Travel shops are not obliged to accept the use of the gift voucher on a sale of under $20.
f) It is up to the winner to use the full value of the gift voucher before the expiry date. Cash will not be given for any unused balance. Unused balance on the expiry of these gift voucher will not be refunded or credited.
g) If purchase exceeds the available gift voucher balance the winner must make up the difference with another payment method accepted by the shop. Winner is liable for all transactions on the allocated gift card.
15. The total prize pool is valued up to $15,000 AUD (including GST).
16. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
17. The winner and their companion/s are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
18. The winner and travelling companion/s must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney or Melbourne).
19. If the winner is under the age of 18 as at the date of the draw, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize.
20. The prize must be taken between 10 January 2020 – 31 June 2020 subject to hotel and flight availability and blackout dates may apply. The prize cannot be changed once the booking has been made. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
21. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline.
22. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check -in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
23. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid
documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
24. NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd. and Helloworld Travel Limited and associated agencies make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
25. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
26. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter/s reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
27. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility
for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
28. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
29. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the above mentioned magazine publications as stated in point 4. or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
30. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
31. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices and foreign exchange rates at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
32. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
33. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the
winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner.
34. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the Promotional Period will be entered into the draw. One (1) valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner. One (1) valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner. The draw will take place at NewsCorp Pty Limited, Level 2, 2 Holt Street Surry Hills, NSW 2010, on Friday 14th June 2019 at 11:30 (AEDT).
35. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
36. The winner will be notified within two (2) days of the draw. The winner will be notified of their prize by phone and/or writing (email) and will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 18th June 2019 at 11:30am (AEST).
37. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
38. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
39. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at NewsCorp Pty Limited, Level 2, 2 Holt Street Surry Hills, NSW 2010 on Monday 16th September, 2019 at 11:30am (AEST). The winner will be notified within two (2) days of the draw and will be notified of their prize by phone and/or in writing (email). The winner will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 18th September, 2019.
40. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
41. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the
conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
42. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter and/or the prize supplier/s in their absolute discretion.
43. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
44. The Promoter and the prize supplier/s shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
45. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
46. NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Helloworld Travel Ltd and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
47. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
48. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
49. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
50. The Entrant consents to NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd and Helloworld Travel Ltd, to collect the Entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). The Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to third party service providers for this purpose. The winner’s personal information maybe disclosed to the prize supplier/s for the purpose of providing the prize. The Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
51. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act
1988 (Cth) and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to
52. The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of Level 1, 2 Holt
Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
53. The Benefiting Party is Helloworld Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited
(ABN 84 003 237 296) trading as Helloworld Travel online of 179 Normanby Rd,
Melbourne, Victoria, 3205, Australia.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/19/32328 , ACT permit no: TP 19/02784,
SA permit no: T19/253