Home Timber & Hardware – Win a $100 Home Timber & (prize valued at $17,000)
“Tools Down, Togs On” Family Holiday 2018 Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in
this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Independent Hardware Group Pty Ltd (ABN 64 004 037 049) of 19 Corporate Drive,
Heatherton, VIC 3202, telephone 1300 131 843 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion
are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto
spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on 09/04/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm on 27/05/2018 (“Promotional
Period”). All times indicated in these Terms and Conditions are in AEST, as per local VIC time.
6. To enter, eligible individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) spend $25 or more (inclusive of GST) in a single transaction on Ramset products at any Home
Timber & Hardware in Australia (“Qualifying Transaction”); and then
b) visit www.toolsdowntogson.com.au, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the
requested details (including their full name, a valid email address, State/Territory of residence,
the Home Timber & Hardware store at which they made the Qualifying Transaction, and their
full purchase invoice/receipt number), and submit the full completed entry form.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying
Transaction/invoice (regardless of the amount spent over $25 (inclusive of GST) in that transaction);
and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
9. Entrants must retain their purchase invoice/receipt (either the original or a copy) as proof of purchase.
Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the
Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase
invoices must clearly specify (a) the Home Timber & Hardware store of purchase; (b) that at least $25
(inclusive of GST) was spent on Ramset products in one (1) transaction; and (c) that the transaction
was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an
entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify
any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct
calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be
accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage
does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each week (i.e. Monday to Sunday)
between 09/04/2018 and 27/05/2018 (“Weekly Draw”), for a total of seven (7) Weekly Draws. There
will also be one (1) major draw conducted for ALL entries received during the entire Promotional Period,
(i.e. from 09/04/2018 until 11:59pm on 27/05/2018) (“Major Draw”). Entries into each Weekly Draw will
open at 12:00am on Monday and close at 11:59pm the following Sunday. Entries in each Weekly Draw
will NOT be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draw(s), however, all entries received during the
Promotional Period (including the winners of a Weekly Draw) will be entered into the Major Draw.
13. All draws will take place at Database Consultants Australia, Level 5, 355 Spencer Street, West
Melbourne, VIC 3003. Each Weekly Draw will take place at 2:00pm on the next Monday (that is a
business day) after entries close for that Weekly Draw, with the first Weekly Draw taking place on
16/04/2018 and the last Weekly Draw taking place on 28/05/2018. The Major Draw will take place at
2:00pm on 30/05/2018. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on
a public holiday in VIC; any draw that falls on such a date will be conducted on the following business
14. Winners will be notified by email and telephone within two (2) business days of the relevant draw and
their names will be published online at www.toolsdowntogson.com.au from 03/06/2018.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The first ten (10) valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw will each win a $100 Home Timber &
17. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Draw will win a $10,000 Flight Centre Voucher.
18. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher are not included. Any unused balance of a
voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher is subject to any terms and conditions
of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
19. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time
stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
20. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with
a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory
21. Total prize pool value is $17,000.
22. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as
23. If any prize(s) remain unclaimed by 1:00pm on 30/08/2018, a re-draw will take place for such prize(s)
at 2:00pm on 30/08/2018 at the same place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a
regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business
days of the re-draw and their names will be published online at www.toolsdowntogson.com.au from
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are
a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period
without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and
promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited
to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written
directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
26. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is
dependent on the Internet service provider used.
27. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an
entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify
the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as
any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and
Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be
excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers,
employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss
or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in
any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes
all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any
technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any
theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered,
damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond
the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s employer or
entrant; or (e) taking/use of a prize.
30. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this
purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service
providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on
be viewed at http://www.homehardware.com.au/privacy_policy. In addition to any use that may be
advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including
about how entrants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, how entrants may complain about
a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will
be dealt with. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may disclose entrant’s
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22520 ACT Permit No. TP18/00430 SA Permit No. T18/368