Woolworths – Dan Murphy’s – Become a Craft Beer Reviewer – #mycraftreview – Win a case of craft beer each month for 12 months
Dan Murphy’s #MyCraftReview
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion and Prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry (Terms). These Terms apply to the Promotion and entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
2. The promoter is Woolworths Limited of 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista, NSW, 2153 (ABN 88 000 014 675), trading as Dan Murphy’s. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter.
3. The Promotion will be open from 9:00am on Wednesday 17th May, 2017 and will close at 23:59pm on Wednesday 31st May, 2017 AEST.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over, who have a valid Facebook account, excluding:(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of Prizes);(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 4(a) of these Terms:(c) persons who have won a prize or prizes valued either individually or collectively at more than $1,000 (including GST) in any Promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter, within the 12 months prior to the commencement of the Promotion Period;(d) persons who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win a promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter (except in the case of a legal change of name); and(e) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter,(Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 4(b) of these Terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion. By entering this Promotion you represent that you are eligible to enter.
5. To enter the Promotion and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period: Write or upload a video/photo of a Craft Beer Review on the Dan Murphy’s website or the Dan Murphy’s Facebook or Instagram #MyCraftReview competition wall post (Eligible Entry).
If the Eligible Entrant submits a photograph in response to the Promotion Question, the Eligible Entrants agrees to the photograph being made available for public viewing and:
• any person depicted in a photograph uploaded must be decently dressed and presented;
• all photographs are subject to the approval of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to vet all entries at any time and reserves the right to request the removal of any entries from Facebook or such websites at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any photographs uploaded to any Facebook (as defined in clause 13) or website and visitors to the site view it at their own risk;
• entrants must own the copyright in the photograph uploaded or be entitled and have permission to use the photograph in the manner contemplated by these terms, including use of the photograph for promotional purposes;
• the entrant has the permission of each other person featured in the photograph, or, if any other person is under the age of 18, the permission of their parent or legal guardian, to enter the photograph in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
6. There is a limit of one entry per Eligible Entrant during the Promotion Period.
7. Eligible Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name. The craft beer featured in the review must be ranged by Dan Murphy’s and available either in Dan Murphy’s stores or on the Dan Murphy’s website.
8. By submitting an entry, Eligible Entrants agree, that they are willing to accept the Prize and
appear in a Facebook live review each month for 12 months.
8. By submitting an entry, Eligible Entrants agree that the Promoter may make their Eligible
Entry available to the public by: Commenting, sharing or uploading response on the
Promoter’s Facebook website at
; and The Promoter
reserves the right to remove any materials from
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during
the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the
Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries or entries not received for any reason. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the
entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
10. Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or
defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights (including
intellectual property rights are invalid.
11. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be
ineligible to win. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-
compliance with these Terms.
12. Judging of all Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period will take place on
Thursday 1st June, 2017. All Eligible Entries will be assessed in the Judging process and will
be judged on their creativeness & relevance to the competition.
13. Judging will be conducted by representatives of Dan Murphy’s. The judges’ decision in
relation to any aspect of this Promotion is final and binding on each person who enters this
Promotion. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winners.
14. The Eligible Entrant with the best craft beer review, as determined by the judges in their
sole discretion, will win one of the below Prizes (Winners).
15. The winner will be asked to submit a craft beer review each month for a 12 month period
which will be promoted and published on the Dan Murphy’s website and Facebook page. The
winner must be over the age 25 as per ABAC requirements.
16.a) The Prizes are:
There is one (1) major prize for one (1) person individually:
Total Prize Pool valued at $TBC AUD (inc. GST) at time of publishing.
The winner will receive a case (case of 24) of craft beer each month to review for a period of 12 months
will do one Facebook Live review each month on the Dan Murphy’s Facebook page which will be briefed into the winner each month. The review will then be filmed and approved by Dan Murphy’s before being published on the Dan Murphy’s website & Facebook page.
Acceptance and use of the Prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions
imposed by those involved in providing goods and/or services as part of or in connection with
b) Any components of the Prizes not used by the Winner[s] is forfeited and the Promoter is not
obliged to provide the Winner[s] with the cash equivalent of or any substitute for any Prizes
component in those circumstances.
c) By accepting and using the Prizes, the Winner[s] agrees: To not act or fail to act in a manner
which brings or may in the Promoter’s opinion bring the Promoter or its related entities into
disrepute, during the course of their participation in the Promotion.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prizes, or for any
tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prizes.
18. The Prize are not transferable and cannot be exchanged as cash. 19. The Winner[s] will be
notified in writing by Facebook private message, email by Friday 2 June 2017.
19. The Winner’s details will be published on the Dan Murphy’s Facebook on Sunday 4 June,
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner[s] provides proof of his / her
identity, residency and / or age prior to awarding a Prizes. Proof of identification, residency
and /or age considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the
event that the Winner[s] cannot provide suitable proof, in the time frame required by the
Promoter, the Winner[s] will forfeit the Prize and no substitute will be offered. In this event,
that Winner’s Prize will be awarded to the next best entry as assessed by the judge[s] during
21. If the Promoter is unable to contact the Winner[s] to claim fulfilment of their Prize within 7
days of the announcement Date Sunday 4 June, 2017 or a Winner cannot provide suitable
proof as required by clause 21, that Winner will forego their Prize in its entirety and the Prize
will be awarded to the next best entry as assessed by the judge[s] during the Judging.
22. The prize will be delivered to or collected by the winner[s] to be confirmed after the
winner[s] are announced.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or
tampered with in any way before it reaches the Winner[s].
24. In the event that the Promoter is unable to supply the Prizes, the Promoter reserves the
right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
26. Winner[s] must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as
publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prizes, free of charge, and they
consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material for an unlimited
time and without remuneration.
27. Eligible Entrants agree and acknowledge that all entries and any intellectual property rights
subsisting in their entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
28. The Promoter collects personal information about entrants to include entrants in the
Promotion and where appropriate award the Prizes. If the personal information requested is
not provided, the entrant cannot participate in the Promotion. By participating in the
Promotion, each Eligible Entrant consents to disclosing their personal information to the
Promoter and the Promoter using, and disclosing their personal information to the relevant
authorities in the relevant States, the Promoter’s related entities, the Promoter’s agencies and
other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Promotion (including
suppliers of Prizes) for the following purposes:
(a) Conducting the Promotion;
(b) Contacting the entrant in relation to the Promotion;
(c) Publishing the winners name and State / Territory of residence in accordance with these
Terms and as required under relevant legislation;
(d) Improving the Promoter’s or the Promoter’s related entities’ goods and services; The
Eligible Entrant provides this consent until such a time as they withdraw their consent by
giving notice to the Promoter. Eligible Entrants can also gain access to, update or correct any
personal information held by contacting the Promoter at the details listed in paragraph 2 of
and also contains information
about how Eligible Entrants can make a complaint. All personal information will be stored at
the office of the Promoter. No personal information will be disclosed overseas.
29. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet
or network congestion, including injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s
computer related to participation in this Promotion and problems with transmission of entries
and/or emails over the internet, acts in violation of these terms and conditions, acts in a
disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other
30. Acceptance and use of the Prizes are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by
those involved in providing goods and/or services as part of or in connection with the Prize
(Third Party Terms). The Winner[s] is responsible for complying with all applicable Third Party
Terms, and bears all risk associated with failure to comply with any of them. The Promoter
assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) as a result of any failure to comply
with any Third Party Terms.
31. All costs associated or arising in connection with participating in the Promotion and the
Prize are the responsibility of the Eligible Entrants. Any costs associated with accessing the
Internet are the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility, and depend on the internet service provider
(a) acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by
Facebook or Instagram
(b) releases Facebook and Instagram and their associated companies from all liability arising
in respect of the competition. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent
on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and
Responsibilities, which can be viewed at
33. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered
(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is
suffered or sustained, in connection with this Promotion or as a result of accepting or using
the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
34. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) to disqualify any entrant; or;
(b) subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority, to modify,
suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
35. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol in moderation. Legal aged
consumers are advised to consider the “Australian guidelines to reduce health risks from
drinking alcohol” recommended by the Department of Health. A full version of the guidelines
is available at:
. Participation in the Promotion is subject
to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State and each Participating Outlet’s liquor
licence obligations including the responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also
encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at
36. These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.