Samsonite Australia – Take Me 2 Vegas – Win a trip for 2 to Las Vegas valued at $6,800
American Tourister Australia & New Zealand, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority: “TAKE ME 2 VEGAS” Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions govern the Promotion. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
Eligibility to Enter
1. Entry is only open to Australian residents only. Entrants must be aged 21 years of age at the time of winning or over.
2. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex- spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step- parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Promotion commences 12pm (noon) AEST Wednesday 24th May 2017 (“Opening Date”) and closes at 5pm AEST Wednesday 21st June 2017(“Closing Date”).
How to Enter:
To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
Submit the completed entry form including first and last name, date of birth and state. Upload a photo/video to the TAKE ME 2 VEGAS competition board http://my.americantourister.com.au/#/boards/takeme2vegas). Please note this photo/video must be accepted by the Promotor on the American Tourister channel in order for entry to be eligible.
Agree to the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
There is no entry limit per person however only one entry can win at any one time. No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Third party or bulk entries will not be accepted and entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
This competition is based on a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner. The winners will be selected based on the level of entertainment their photos or video provides the Promoter.
￼￼Minor Competition Prize Component
4. All valid entries received over the course of the Promotion will be entered into the selection process for the prizes.
i. The major prize selection will take place at (on behalf of the Promoter) FRANk Media, 36B St. Edmonds Road, Prahran 3181 Victoria on Monday 26th June at 12pm
AEST and will be notified immediately after the selection process takes place. Winner will be announced publically on the TAKE ME 2 VEGAS Promotion site within 4 days of them being notified.
ii. The minor prize selections will take place at (on behalf of the Promoter) FRANk Media, 36B St. Edmonds Road, Prahran 3181 Victoria on the following dates.
Week One (covering the period from 12pm (noon) 24th May 2017 – 12pm (noon) 31st May 2017): Winner selected and notified after 1pm AEST Thursday 1st June 2017, and announced no later than Monday 5th June 2017 at 5pm AEST.
Week Two (covering the period 12.01pm (noon) 31st May 2017 – 12pm (noon) 7th June 2017) – winner selected and notified after 1pm AEST Thursday 8th June 2017, and announced no later than Monday 12th June 2017 at 5pm AEST.
Week Three (covering the period 12.01pm (noon) 7th June 2017 – 12pm (noon) 14th June 2017) – winner selected and notified after 1pm AEST Thursday 15th June 2017 and announced no later than Monday 19th June 2017 at 5pm AEST.
Week Four (covering the period 12.01pm (noon) 14th June 2017 – 5pm 21st June 2017) – winner selected and notified after 12pm (noon) AEST Thursday 22nd June 2017, and announced on Monday 26th June at 5pm AEST.
iii. The winner/s will be notified initially through a phone call and/or email which will be followed by a confirmation email. Once the winner/s are confirmed it will be announced on TAKE ME 2 VEGAS Promotion site with a Promotion post including the winner/s names.
iv. If Winner/s are not contactable or a prize is not claimed by Winner/s within 3 months, the Prize will be forfeited and the re-selection process will take place 12pm (noon) AEST Thursday 21st September 2017. The winner/s, if any, will be announced on Monday 25th September 2017 at 5pm AEST, at the same place as the original
￼￼selection, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. any, will be notified by telephone and a follow-up email.
Each minor prize winner will receive:
• 1 x American Tourister Curio Suitcase – $239 AUD RRP.
Total Minor Prize Pool: $956 AUD Major Competition Prize Component
The winner/s, if
• • • •
The major Winner (1) of the competition prize includes:
2 x Return economy flights to Las Vegas from Sydney – $1,500 AUD each
5 nights’ accommodation in one (1) room for two (2) people – $1,500 AUD 2 x pre-paid credit cards – $100 USD each (approx. $130 AUD each)
2 x American Tourister Curio Suitcase set – $578 AUD RRP each
Total Major Prize Pool – $5,916 AUD Legal/48364811_1
The total value of all prizes will be $6,872 (AUD). General
6. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its
sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
11. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize), then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
12. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
13. Total prize pool value is up to AUD$6,872 (six thousand, eight hundred and seventy two Australian dollars).
14. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
15. The location of the five nights’ accommodation as part of the major competition prize component will be determined by the Promoter.
16. Flights must be booked and ticketed by 31st December 2017, completed by 31st December 2018 and cannot be extended beyond these dates, Travel is subject to availability on operated flights only, booked in Economy Class (T). Flights are not eligible for frequent flyer mileage accrual. Passengers must travel together on the same itinerary for the entire journey. Travel may be restricted at certain times of the year due to heavy demand on our services, we recommend when planning your trip you avoid travelling during public holidays and peak periods. This prize is non- transferrable, non-redeemable for cash or other goods and services. It cannot be bartered, refunded or sold. No compensation will be payable if the addressee is unable to accept the prize as stated.
17. The Promoter is not responsible for any fees or add-on expenses not included in the major prize, including but not restricted to travel insurance, passport fees, visa fees, transfers to and from the airport, meals, in-room services, spending money, etc.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for
an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter
19. By taking part in this Promotion you’re agreeing to sign up to American Tourister Australia and New Zealand and Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority electronic newsletters. The Promotor collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promotor may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. The Promotor may also pass entrants’ details to third parties involved with this promotion. Any party who receives their information may contact them for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrants. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promotor. All entries become the property of the Promotor.
20. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia and New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the
Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize and/or participation in any holiday prize.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and his/her/their companion, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter.
27. The laws of Victoria apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
28. American Tourister Australia and New Zealand is an entity of Samsonite Australia Pty Limited and therefore the Promoter is Samsonite Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 31 006 363 248) of 5 Anzed Court, Mulgrave, VIC 3170. Phone +61 3 9549 3444.