Treasury Wine Estates Australia – Wolf Blass – Win a major prize of a trip for 2 to attend 4 huge sporting events OR 1 of 31 Instant Win prizes of VISA gift cards
Terms and Conditions
Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is Treasury Wine Estates Australia Limited (ABN 78 145 321 320), 58-82 Queensbridge Street, Southbank Vic 3006. Phone: (03) 8533 3000.
When will the competition start and end?
The competition starts at 9am (AEDT) on 01/03/16 and ends at 11.59pm (AEST) on 30/04/16 (the Competition Period).
Who can enter?
Only Australian residents aged 18 or over.
Who can’t enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees of:
a. the Promoter; or
b. the agencies or companies or participating outlets associated with this competition,
and their immediate families, can’t enter.
Where will the competition run?
The competition will run in all Cellarbrations, IGA, Bottle-O, SipnSave, Harry Brown, Thirsty Camel, Bottlemart and Ritchies Liquor outlets and all other independent liquor stores (i.e. any liquor store other than Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Cellarmasters, Langton’s, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor) (Outlets) in all Australian states and territories.
Do I need to buy anything to enter?
Yes. During the Competition Period, you need to spend $30 or more at an Outlet in one transaction on Wolf Blass wine (excluding Eaglehawk) (Qualifying Purchase) for off premise consumption (includes purchases from online stores of participating Outlets). Online, mail-order and telephone sales of Outlets that do not have physical retail stores in Australia are excluded.
After you have made a Qualifying Purchase, you must during the Competition Period visit www.wolfblass.com/sportsevents (Website) and fill out and submit the online entry form, including by providing the last 4 digits of the Qualifying Purchase product barcode(s), uploading a copy of the Qualifying Purchase receipt (if requested), and providing all other requested information.
How are instant win prizes awarded?
There are 31 instant win prizes to be awarded based on pre-determined times during the Competition Period selected by a computerised random system at Prime Focus, 403/62 Beach St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207.
You will get a return online message acknowledging your entry and informing you if you are a provisional winner of an instant win prize and if so, details on how to verify your entry and claim your prize.
How many major winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 1 major winner determined in respect of this competition.
The major prize draw will be held at 1pm (AEST) on 04/05/16 at Prime Focus.
The first valid entry drawn randomly from the entries received during the Competition Period (including instant prize winning entries) will win the major prize.
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid.
What can I win?
There are in total 32 prizes available; 31 instant win prizes and 1 major prize.
Each instant win prize is a VISA gift card. There are 1 x $10,000 VISA gift cards, 2 x $1,000 VISA gift cards, 8 x $500 VISA gift cards and 20 x $200 VISA gift cards to be won.
The major prize is a trip for the winner and an adult companion to each of the 2016 AFL Grand Final, the 2016 NRL Grand Final, the 2016 Melbourne Cup and the 2016 Australian Open Golf valued at up to $10,500 depending on the winner’s point of departure. See paragraphs 3 and 4 for further major prize details.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is up to $30,500.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter multiple times, provided you only enter once per Qualifying Purchase transaction. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How and when will the winners be informed?
If you are a provisional instant winner, you will be informed in writing at the time of winning, and via email within two days of winning.
If you are the major winner, you will be informed via phone and email within two days of the draw.
Any winners of prizes valued over $250 (including any awarded instantly during the Competition Period or any awarded in the Second Chance Draw) will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 11/05/16 for a period of 28 days.
Second Chance Draw
If any instant win prize is un-won or not claimed by the end of the Competition Period, a second chance draw will be held at 1pm (AEST) on 04/05/16 at Prime Focus (Second Chance Draw). Each un-won or unclaimed instant win prize will be distributed in descending order of value to randomly drawn valid entrants until all un-won or unclaimed instant win prizes are awarded. If you are a winner in the Second Chance Draw, you will be informed in writing via email within two days of the draw.
Must I keep anything to verify my entry?
You must keep the original itemised purchase receipt for all entries as proof of purchase. If you don’t produce the proof of purchase for all entries when asked the Promoter may disqualify all of your entries and you will lose any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must be identical to the image uploaded by you with your entry, and must clearly identify the Outlet of purchase (which must be a participating Outlet), the product/s purchased (which must comprise a Qualifying Purchase), and the date of purchase (which must be during the Competition Period before you submitted your entry). If, in the Promoter’s opinion, you have shared any receipt/s with another person, your entries will be invalid and you will lose any right to a prize.
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
You must claim your instant win prize (awarded instantly during the Competition Period) by the end of the Competition Period.
You must claim your major prize, or any instant win prize awarded in the Second Chance Draw, by 5pm (AEST) on 04/08/16.
What if I don’t claim my prize on time?
If a prize (including any instant win prize awarded via the Second Chance Draw) has not been accepted or claimed by 5pm (AEST) on 04/08/16 or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can’t contact a drawn winner (or a drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by the time specified above, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize/s by carrying out an unclaimed prize draw at 1pm (AEST) on 05/08/16 (Unclaimed Prize Draw) at the same location as the original draw to distribute the relevant prize/s.
If you are a winner in the Unclaimed Prize Draw you will be informed by phone and in writing within two days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw and any winner/s of a prize valued over $250 will have their name and state/territory of residence published in The Australian on 12/08/16.
Authorised under ACT Permit No. TP15/08333, NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/09770 and SA Licence No. T15/2239.
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions. Entry
2. Your entry must be received during the Competition Period. Your entry is deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter’s database. If you return a product comprising a Qualifying Purchase your entry will be deemed invalid (unless product is defective). You will receive a return online message confirming your entry and letting you know if you are a provisional winner of an instant win prize and details of how to verify your entry and claim your prize. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple aliases you may be disqualified. Prizes
3. If you win the major prize, your prize will be a trip for you and 1 adult companion to each of:
a. the 2016 AFL Grand Final in Melbourne Victoria, to be taken on dates to be confirmed by the Promoter;
b. the 2016 Melbourne Cup in Melbourne Victoria, to be taken to coincide with the 2016 Melbourne Cup on 01/11/16;
c. the 2016 NRL Grand Final in Sydney NSW, to be taken on dates to be confirmed by the Promoter; and
d. the 2016 Australian Open Golf Championship in Sydney NSW, to be taken on dates to be confirmed by the Promoter.
4. If you are the major winner, each major prize trip will consist of the following for you and your adult companion:
a. tickets to the relevant sporting event as stated in paragraph 3;
b. return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) from your nearest Australian capital city to the relevant city of the event as stated in paragraph 3 (flights are not included if you live in the state where the event will take place, and if so, you and your companion must make your own way to and from the relevant city at your own cost);
c. up to 2 nights’ accommodation (twin share) in a minimum four star hotel (as determined by the Promoter); and
d. $250 spending money for the winner only.
Accommodation and flights are subject to booking and availability. The prize trips must be taken on dates to be specified by the Promoter to coincide with the sporting events. You and your companion are responsible for all other costs related to each prize trip, including any meals, costs, insurance (including excesses), in-room charges and additional taxes. All persons taking the prize trips must depart and return at the same time. The prize trips are subject to any additional conditions of the travel supplier/s including any conditions of entry into each sporting event (including behaviour requirements and applicable dress codes), any conditions of ticket validity and any restrictions on ticket on-sale or transfer. Any failure by you or your companion to comply with the conditions imposed by the prize supplier(s) may result in the prize/s being cancelled or withdrawn without liability for the Promoter or the prize supplier(s). Tickets can only be used once and will be deemed invalid if copied. The Promoter does not control entry to the relevant sporting event locations. You must keep your tickets safe and the Promoter will not replace lost or stolen tickets. Costs for changes made by you (or your companion) to a prize trip after it has been booked must be paid by you and your companion as applicable. You may be required to present your credit card when checking in to the accommodation.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if any of the major prize sporting events are abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason and you and your companion will not be given any cash or alternative tickets as a substitute for attending the event. The major prize winner will still receive all other components of the relevant prize trip as long as they are still taken on the original trip dates.
6. The VISA gift cards can be used anywhere in Australia VISA is accepted. The VISA gift cards are subject to the prize supplier’s conditions, including validity periods. General
7. If you are a winner, you (and your companion) must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You (and your companion) consent to the Promoter using your names and images in any promotional or advertising activity.
8. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
9. You must not:
a. tamper with the entry process;
b. engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
c. act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
d. do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
e. breach any law; or
f. behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
10. The major prize winner is responsible for their companion and the Promoter may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, the winner or their companion if they breach these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
11. If the major prize winner (or their companion), in the opinion of the Promoter, is intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict the major prize winner (and their companion) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
12. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
13. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
14. Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
15. By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
16. Quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid instant win prize claim. Every instant win prize claim in excess of the advertised instant win prize pool will be honoured, unless the claim is rejected due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions.
17. By accepting or participating in any prize, the major prize winner’s companion accepts these Terms and Conditions.
18. If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
19. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
20. Enjoy alcohol responsibly. Consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol – see:http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf. See also the NSW Liquor Competition Guidelines and Intoxication Guidelines at http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/dlg_guidelines.asp. Your participation in this competition is subject to each Outlet’s liquor serving policy. Liability
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
22. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
23. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
24. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. You completely release Facebook from any and all liability. Collection and use of your personal information
a. how you or your companion can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek the correction of such information;
b. how you or your companion can complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint; and
c. whether the personal information the Promoter holds about you or your companion will be provided to overseas companies, and if so, in which countries those companies are located.