Mitre 10 – Accent Paint – Scratch and Win plus Win a family Trip to Hawaii for 4
“ACCENT PAINT SCRATCH n WIN PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is DuluxGroup (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 67 000 049 427) of 1956 Dandenong Road, Clayton, VIC, 3168, telephone 13 23 77 (“Promoter”). JB Hi-Fi is not a sponsor or promoter of this promotion.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step- parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step- sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on 20/07/2016 and ends for purchases at close of business on 04/09/2016, or when stocks of instant win scratch cards (“Scratch Cards”) are exhausted, whichever is first to occur (“Promotional Period”). Claims for Instant Prizes (defined below) and entries into the Major Draw (defined below) close at 11:59pm AEST on 19/09/2016. The promotion will only be conducted in retailers that display material advertising this promotion during the Promotional Period (“Participating Retailers”). There will be a total of 15,000 Scratch Cards available for this promotion.
6. To receive a Scratch Card, individuals must purchase 4 or more litres of Accent Paint in a single transaction at a Participating Retailer during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). Individuals will then be provided with one (1) Scratch Card for every 4 litres of Accent Paint purchased in that transaction. Entrants must then scratch their Scratch Card to reveal whether or not they have won an Instant Prize.
For the sake of clarity, individuals that purchase between 4 to 7 litres of Accent Paint in the Qualifying Purchase will receive one (1) Scratch Card, individuals that purchase between 8 to 11 litres of Accent Paint in the Qualifying Purchase will receive two (2) Scratch Cards, individuals that purchase between 12-15 litres of Accent Paint in the Qualifying Purchase will receive three (3) Scratch Cards, and so on.
7. If the Scratch Card reveals an Instant Prize, to claim their Instant Prize, instant winners must visit www.accentscratchnwin.com.au, follow the prompts to the Instant Prize claim page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, mailing address, a valid email address, and the unique code featured on their winning Scratch Card), and submit the fully completed claim form so it is received by 11:59pm AEST on 19/09/2016. Once their prize claim has been successfully submitted, individuals will receive a confirmation email to their nominated email address, and one (1) entry into the Major Draw. Some emails may go to an entrant’s Spam folder automatically, and entrants will be responsible for checking this. The Promoter and its agencies are not responsible for the direction of emails.
8. If the Scratch Card does not reveal an Instant Prize the entrant will not win an Instant Prize, however, non-winners may enter the Major Draw by visiting www.accentscratchnwin.com.au, following the prompts to Major Draw entry page, inputting the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, mailing address, the verification code on the non-winning Scratch Card, and a valid email address), and submitting the fully completed entry form so it is received by 11:59pm AEST on 19/09/2016.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries/prize claims will be deemed invalid.
10. Multiple Scratch Cards/entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) Scratch Card permitted per 4 litres of Accent Paint purchased in a single transaction; (b) only (1) one entry into the Major Draw permitted per Scratch Card; (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; (d) the same unique code cannot be used more than once; and (e) unrecognised codes will be deemed invalid.
11. Entrants must retain a copy of their purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase, that at least 4 litres of Accent Paint was purchased, and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
12. Instant Prize Winners must retain their original Scratch Card(s) (clearly showing the unique code) for all Instant Prize claims. Failure to produce the original Scratch for all Instant Prize claims when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s Instant Prize claims and forfeiture of any right to an Instant Prize.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
14. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
15. The following instant prizes will be available to be won in this promotion (“Instant Prizes”):
8 x $500 J Travel eVouchers;
550 x $20 Rebel Sports eVouchers;
750 x $20 Adrenalin eVouchers; and
1,692 x $10 JB Hi-Fi eVouchers.
16. All eVouchers will be awarded via email within 28 days of the prize claim being verified by the Promoter. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the eVouchers are not included. Any unused balance of the eVouchers will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the eVouchers is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the eVouchers. JB Hi-Fi’s Gift Card Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the JB Hi-Fi eVouchers, which are available at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/Gift-Cards/Gift-Card-Terms-and-Conditions/. Terms and Conditions for the Adrenalin eVouchers are available at http://www.adrenalin.com.au/terms/. Terms and Conditions for the Rebel Sport eVouchers are available at http://www.rebelsport.com.au/GiftCard/Terms. J Travel eVouchers must be redeemed via J Travel, and can be used for both international and domestic travel including flights, accommodation, tours & transfers. Domestic flight bookings using J Travel eVoucher will incur a $25.00 fee per sector. J Travel eVouchers cannot be redeemed for cash and are only valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Promoter is not responsible if an eVoucher supplier goes into liquidation after the Voucher/eVoucher has been awarded to the winner.
17. Instant Prize winners will be notified immediately in writing on the winning Scratch Card, and their names will be published online at www.accentscratchnwin.com.au on 03/10/2016.
18. All valid entries received (from winners and non-winners of an Instant Prize) will be entered into the major draw (“Major Draw”). The Major Draw will take place at Switch Marketing. 6 Hodgson St, Kew, Vic 3101 at 2:00pm AEST on 26/09/2016. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
19. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Draw will win a trip for two (2) adults and two (2) children (12 years or under) to Hawaii (USA), valued at up to AU$9,990 depending on date and point of departure. The Major Prize includes:
return economy airfares from winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Honolulu, Hawaii for two (2)
adults and two (2) children; and
six (6) nights quad-share accommodation at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in Honolulu for two (2)
adults and two (2) children.
20. The following conditions apply to the Major Prize: Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 09/12/2017 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Prize cannot be taken during Australian school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner and his/her companions are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
21. The Major Prize winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the Major Draw, and their name will be published online at www.accentscratchnwin.com.au on 03/10/2016.
22. A draw for any unclaimed Instant Prize(s) valued over $20 and/or the Major Prize will take place at the same time and place as the Major Draw on 19/12/2016, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winners, if any, will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at www.accentscratchnwin.com.au on 03/01/2017. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. If for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
25. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
26. Total prize pool value is up to AU$56,910.
27. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
28. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
32. Printing and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid Instant Prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all Instant Prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any unclaimed or unwon Instant Prizes valued
over $20 that are part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw. Scratch Cards will be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
35. As a condition of accepting the Major Prize, the winner (and his/her companions) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/04178. ACT Permit No. TP16/01045. SA Permit No.