Maiocchi – Win an Amazing Prize Pack Valued at Over $1000 (prize valued at $1,000)
BROADSHEET MELBOURNE x
JAPAN NATIONAL TOURISM ORGANIZATION
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. By participating in the Broadsheet x Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) competition (Promotion),
each participant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these terms and conditions are
2. The promoter is Broadsheet, trading as Broadsheet Media Pty Ltd, ABN 20 131 593 201 of Level 1, 231
Smith Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065 (Promoter).
3. The Promotion commences at 14:00 (AEST) on Friday 8 February and closes at 17:00 (AEST) on
Thursday 28 February 2019 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to Australian residents only who are over 18 years of age.
How to Enter
1. To enter this Promotion you must complete the application form including your first name, last name,
phone number, email address and answer the promotional question “In 40 words or less, tell us what sight
would you most like to visit in the Japanese regions of Hokkaido or Kansai and why.” The winner of the
competition may be contacted by phone if they do not respond via email.
2. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part. Entries will be judged on their creativity and originality.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
3. Multiple entries are not permitted.
4. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The use of automatic entry software, mechanical or electronic
devices that allows an individual to automatically enter the competition is prohibited and may render all
entries submitted by that individual invalid.
5. Employees of the Promoter, immediate family members of any employee, and any associated company or
agency of the Promotion are not eligible to enter.
6. Entries not completed in accordance with these terms and conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void
if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
Draw and Prizes
7. Judging for the prize will take place at Level 1, 231 Smith St Fitzroy, VIC 3065 at 09.00 (AEST) on Friday 1
8. One (1) winner will receive a prize for two (2) inclusive of:
i. Two (2) free places on guaranteed departures of a custom tour departing by 30 November 2019
subject to availability.
9. Winner is entitled to two return international (economy) airfares (no substitutions) subject to availability.
10. Winner must be 18 years of age or older in order to claim the prize.
11. Flight routing and hotel accommodation is subject to availability. In the event that the requested date is not
available Wendy Wu Tours reserves the right to offer the closest available date and/or book the passenger
into a similar standard of accommodation.
12. Travel not available for the following blackout periods: 22 March – 23 April 2019, 29 April – 5 May 2019
and 20 September – 2 November 2019.
13. Package is for 2 x adults travelling together.
14. The prize includes international economy airfare from nearest international airport but not any associated
fees or levies.
i. Is subject to availability,
ii. Is valid on new bookings only
iii. May not be combined with any other offer or discount
iv. Has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash
v. In not refundable
vi. Is not transferrable to another person
vii. cannot be exchanged by the Winner.
16. Winner must contact Wendy Wu Tours directly by phone and/or email to book their prize tour, and Wendy
Wu Tours must agree to the chosen departure dates and the prize may be substituted for a prize of
comparable value by Wendy Wu in its sole discretion.
17. Passport procurement and costs are the sole responsibility of the winner. Australian passport holders do
not require visas to enter Japan.
18. Total prize pool value is at approximately $10,000 including GST.
19. The Winner of this competition will be notified via email to their nominated email address by Monday 4th
20. The prize must be booked by 20 March 2019 and departure must be before 30 November 2019.
21. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that travel
and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury,
incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such
as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is
travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at
destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or
be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
22. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to
participate in this Wendy Wu Tour should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the promoter
and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all
liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of,
and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any
injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind,
howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the Wendy Wu Tour or any other
aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an
accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
23. If the winner cannot be contacted and does not respond within 2 business days of being notified, the
Promoter has the right to select new a new winner.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to alter the rules of the competition at any time.
Personal Information and Privacy
25. The details contained in your entry are protected by security safeguards detailed in the Promoter’s Privacy
Policy, which is available at http://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/info/privacy-policy
26. You can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer if you would like the details of the personal information that
the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like to be corrected. Our Privacy Officer’s contact details
are: Privacy Officer, Level 1, 231 Smith St, Fitzroy, VIC 3065
27. Your privacy is important to us. Your information is collected by Broadsheet Media Pty Ltd (Broadsheet)
the purpose of conducting this promotion, sending you our newsletter, keeping in touch with you about
news and information. Broadsheet may disclose your information to companies and agencies in connection
to third party organisations for marketing purposes. You may remain anonymous. If you do not provide
information, we may not be able to provide you with certain information, products or services. To access or