Jetstar – Win $500 Jetstar Voucher closes 5pm (prize valued at $5,000)
‘Snap Happy’ Instagram Competition
Terms and Conditions – Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into
the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this
document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any
2) The promoter is Jetstar Airways Ltd (ABN: 33 069 720 243) of 79 Victoria Parade,
Collingwood VIC 3066 telephone number (+61) 3 8668 8262 (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Melbourne,
Victoria Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.30pm AEDT on
Thursday 1 February 2018 and closes at 5pm AEDT on Wednesday 14 February 2018
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian Residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants),
excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the
Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of
employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. .
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Follow our @JetstarAustralia Instagram account;
b) Ensure their Instagram account is set to public;
c) Upload an original image on their Instagram account of a destination they have
d) In the comment: Tell us the name of the destination in the photo and include the
e) Jetstar Australia will comment on the entrant’s post, confirming it has been
f) Follow the link in the Jetstar Australia Instagram bio to accept these terms and
conditions and complete the competition entry.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or
misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted multiple entries.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible
Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify
any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce
any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on their originality, quality and creativity of their uploaded
11) Judging will take place at 12pm AEDT Thursday 15 February 2018 at 79 Victoria
Parade, Collingwood VIC 3066. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter
12) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays
no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be 10 prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$5000, based on the
recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) Each prize is an AU$500 Jetstar Flight Voucher. Jetstar Flight Vouchers are valid for
six months from the date of issue and are subject to the Voucher Terms & Conditions.
15) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is
unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash
or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless
agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept
the conditions of use of that prize.
16) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves
the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value
and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
17) The winners will be notified by a comment on their winning post by 5pm Thursday 15
February 2018 and the winner must reply before 5pm AEDT Tuesday 20 February
2018, their names will be published on the @JetstarAustralia Instagram page by 12pm
AEDT Thursday 22 February 2018.
Judging backup entries
18) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional 5 prize winners to be used
as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms
and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed
by 5pm AEDT Tuesday 20 February 2018, the Promoter will award those prizes to the
backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction
given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will
be notified on their winning Instagram entry post by 12pm AEDT Thursday 22 February
2018 by @JetstarAustralia.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
19) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these
terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay
in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable
law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
20) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees,
contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages,
expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this
promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms
and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law,
equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to
direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably
be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those
Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
21) The exclusion of liability in clause 20 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of
goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of
business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in
connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by
a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter
in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage
and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply
despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner
contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum
extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
22) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter
using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes
of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to any
applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the
foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will
be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is
available at http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/privacy-policy.
23) By providing the photos to the Promoter, all Entrants:
a) Grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, sub-
licensable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display
and reproduce, the photos, including without limitation, in any online media
formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts including
JetMails (eDMs). You are able to revoke this licence at any time by contacting
Jetstar in writing at email@example.com and informing us that you no longer
want us to use your photo; and
b) Confirm that all persons appearing in the photos have consented to the Entrant
providing them to the Promoter to be used in accordance with these terms and
conditions and the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
24) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated
with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their
information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each
Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the
competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must
be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
25) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Instagram Terms of
Use, which can be viewed at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms, and other related
26) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from
accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.