Maxigesic – Win $1 Million Chance at your local pharmacy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – MAXIGESIC BE IN FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN $1MILLION
1. The following are the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) that apply to the Maxigesic Chance To Win $1,000,000 promotion (the “Promotion”). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to individuals aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia (“Eligible Entrant”). Employees, contractors and agents of the Promoter and retailers associated with the Promotion, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this Promotion and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Each Eligible Entrant is limited to 1 entry.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants are able to accept the prizes as stated. Inability to accept the prize as stated, on the dates indicated, will deem the Eligible Entrant’s entry to be invalid
4. The Promotion Period starts at 09.00 AEST Monday 1 May 2017 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on Friday 30 June 2017.
5. To participate in the Promotion look for an in-store promotional entry form at any participating pharmacy, and:
1. Successfully complete the entry form, including answering a skill question, providing contact details and the name of the participating retail store.
2. Place the promotional entry form in the official entry box provided in the participating retail store within the Promotion Period.
6. There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Promotion. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted to or received by the Promoter after the closing date. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, are incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, damaged or submitted or received by the Promoter after the closing date will be invalid.
7. Important times and dates are as follows:
i. Completed entry forms must be placed into an official entry box at a participating retail store by 11.59pm AEST Friday 30 June 2017. It is each entrant’s responsibility to be aware of the open and close times of the relevant participating store.
ii. Finalists Draw will be held across all valid entries received from all participating retail and will be conducted by the Promoter at Suite 301, 113 Wicks Road, North Ryde, Sydney on Friday 4th August 2017 at 11.00am AEST. The first ten randomly drawn valid entries will each become a Finalist. Finalists will be notified by phone and confirmed in writing using the contact details provided on their entry form, and will be invited to participate in the Elimination Event. All Finalists must make themselves or a nominated proxy available to attend the Elimination Event. In the event a Finalist or their nominated proxy is unable to attend the Elimination Event a proxy will be appointed by the promoter. If after making reasonable efforts the Promoter cannot make contact with any Finalist drawn, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a re-draw on Friday 18th August 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw.
iii. Elimination Event and the following Challenge Event are to be held at 11.00am on Saturday 9th September 2017 at Suite 301, 113 Wicks Road, North Ryde, Sydney. All Finalists will have their names published on the promoter’s website (www.aftpharm.com) on the 8th August, 2017.
Elimination Event details
8. The ten Finalists will be invited to attend an Elimination Event. Each Finalist will be required to draw from a number pool of 1-10 indicating the order of the next round of selection. The Finalist who selected number 1 will be the first to select one ‘item’ from ten made available. The ‘item’ will correspond to/reveal what opportunity they will receive from one of the following messages; either ‘Congratulations, you have won AU$5,000!’ or ‘Congratulations, you are proceeding to the Challenge Event for a Chance to win $1Million!’ The next Finalist who selected number 2 will complete the same process from the remaining items available to be selected, and so on until all Finalists have had the opportunity to select an item from the remaining items.
9. The Finalist that draws the ‘Congratulations, you are proceeding to the Challenge Event for a Chance to win $1Million!’ item (“Challenge Finalist”) will be invited to participate in the Challenge Event.
10. The Finalists that draw the ‘Congratulations, you have won AU$5,000!’ items will each win $5000 cash (“Minor Prize”).
11. Challenge Event details
i. The Challenge Finalist will be presented with 100 numbers/items and required to choose one. The Challenge Finalist will win the prize corresponding to the number/item they have chosen. 99 of the 100 numbers/items correspond to a prize of $20,000 (“Consolation Prize”).
ii. 1 of the 100 numbers/items corresponds to a prize of $1,000,000 (“Major Prize”).
iii. The probability of the Challenge Finalist winning the Consolation Prize is 99 in 100.
iv. The probability of the Challenge Finalist winning the Major Prize is 1 in 100.
12. The Promoter will provide one return economy class air fare from the winner’s closest state capital city and ground transport in Sydney for any Finalist who does not live in Sydney, up to the value of $1,000 each.
Guaranteed Prize Pool and Unguaranteed Prize
13. There is a total of $75,000 in prizes guaranteed to be given away as a part of this Promotion, made up of 9 x $5,000 Minor Prizes,1 x $20,000 Consolation Prize and 10 x $1,000 Travel. Total prize pool is valued up to $1,055,000.
Prize(s) and winner(s) conditions
14. All prizes (guaranteed and unguaranteed) are stated in AU$.
15. Any incidental costs, including but not limited to travel to the location of the event(s) relating to prizes are the responsibility of the winner, except as provided for in clause 12 above.
16. Any taxes (other than GST), payable in respect of any Prize is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prizes.
17. Eligible Entrants acknowledge that they participate in this Promotion at their own risk. To the full extent permitted by law neither the Promoter, and/or any of its employees, contractors and agents or employees of its contractors and agents, and/or companies providing prizes for the Promotion, will be liable for any liability / cost / loss / damage / expense / death / personal injury / dispute suffered or incurred (including, but not limited to, direct/indirect/consequential loss) arising out of, or in connection with this Promotion.
18. As a condition of accepting a Prize, winners may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form reasonably required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. All Prize winners agree that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
19. A prize will only be awarded where the winner’s entry and, if applicable, additional documentation complies with these Terms and Conditions and the Promoters’ verification tests and procedures. Verification tests and procedures are determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and may include proof of identity, age and residential address.
20. Prizes will only be delivered in Australia and winners should allow 60 days to receive their prize from the date of the validation of their prize claim (by the Promoter or third party suppliers).
21. The Promoter will organise its own actuary insurance to provide for the event that the Challenge Finalist successfully chooses the item or number corresponding to the Major Prize. It will be the responsibility of the insurer to pay out the amount to the winner.
22. If any Eligible Entrant is determined not to have complied with these Terms and Conditions their entry will be declared invalid and a replacement entry drawn.
23. The result of any Event or draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant, Finalist and/or Prize winner in connection with the Promotion or Prizes.