Virgin Australia – Win a trip for 4 to Darwin valued at $12,108 OR 1 of 50 minor prizes
Win a Trip to the NT Competition
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older (Entrants). The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies, including Tourism NT and Tourism Top End, are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 12:01 am AEST on 5 June 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm AEST on 3 July 2017 (Promotion Period).
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must visit the Promotion landing page and subscribe to receive promotional emails from each of Virgin Australia (V-mail Sale, V-mail Specials, V-mail Happy Hour, V-mail Travel), V-mail Holidays) and Tourism NT (Newsletter emails) within the Competition Period by:
(a) Visiting www.virginaustralia.com/topend
(b) registering their details including (but not limited to) first name, last name, closest airport and email address;
(c) selecting yes to receive Virgin Australia emails ‘V-mail Sale, V-mail Specials, V-mail Happy Hour and V-mail Travel’ and Virgin Australia Holidays ‘V-mail Holidays’ emails;
(d) selecting yes to receive ‘Tourism NT Newsletter’ emails;
(e) By entering this competition, you are agreeing to the Promotion’s Conditions of Entry
6. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period, except when Entrants will be eligible to receive additional entries by referring a friend to sign up to Vmail using the unique URL provided by the Promoter once the Entrant has successfully entered the competition by email. The unique URL can be shared with up to 50 friend referrals per day during the Promotion Period. Entrants will receive one additional entry per completed entry by a referred friend. Entrants are not encouraged to forward any emails containing personal information.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
10. All decision of the Promoter are final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into.
11. The draw will be conducted on 8 July 2017 at 12.00pm AEST at Unit 1, 15 Lamington Street, New Farm, Queensland 4005.
12. The name and state of the winners (Winners) will be published online at www.virginaustralia.com/topend by 13 July 2017. The Winners will be notified after 12:00pm AEST on 9 July 2017 directly by email and telephone where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
13. If the prize is not claimed within 15 days of the Winners being notified, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted on 23 July 2017 at 12:00pm AEST at Unit 1, 15 Lamington Street, New Farm, Queensland 4005.
14. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone within 5 days of the redraw, and in writing within 4 days of the redraw. The name and address of the redrawn Winner will be published online at www.virginaustralia.com/topend by 26 July 2017.
15. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
16. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
(a) There is one major prize to be won. The major prize is valued at $12,108 AUD (including GST). The major prize consists of One (1) Virgin Australia Gift Voucher valued at $5,000 (AUD) for the Prize Winner to use to book return economy flights with Virgin Australia for four (4) adults from the Prize Winner’s nearest Australian Capital City to Darwin.
(b) One (1) Tourism Top End voucher valued at $7,108 (AUD) valid for 12 months for 4 adults comprising:
I. Four (4) nights’ accommodation in a four/five star hotel in Darwin for four (4) adults twin share.
II. Four (4) days’ car hire of a medium 2WD car with unlimited kilometres and standard insurance, including tax, excluding fuel. Driver(s) must be aged twenty-one (21) years and over otherwise a Young Driver Surcharge (YOU) must be paid. This is an obligatory fee for all drivers under twenty-one (21); this cost is at the expense of the driver.
III. One (1) Outback Floatplane Ultimate Adventure Tour for 4 adults,
IV. One (1) 24 hour ticket on the Darwin Big Bus, Hop-on Hop-off sightseeing for 4 adults
V. Admission for Four (4) adults to the Royal Flying Doctor Service tourist facility
VI. Admission for Four (4) adults to the Crocosaurus Cove
VII. One (1) Darwin Harbour sunset dinner cruise for 4 adults
18. There are 50 minor prizes to be won. Each minor prize consists of 1 x Virgin Australia Holidays Voucher. Each minor prize is valued at $100 AUD (including GST). Redemption booking conditions will be supplied to the Prize Winners.
19. Total prize value is $17,000 AUD (including GST). The prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. Travel on Virgin Australia flights is subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage, which are available at http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/about-us/legal-policies/conditions-of-carriage/ and are subject to change. Bookings are subject to the Fare Rules applicable to your fare and are available here: http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/plan/fare-types/.
22. The Virgin Australia Gift Voucher cannot be used to book:
a. codeshare flights that are not sold on the Virgin Australia website;
b. flights that include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points as a method of payment, including Reward Seat, Any Seat or Any Seat, Any Airline bookings; or
c. flights where insurance has been selected as part of the booking.
23. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
24. If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to schedule departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash. Virgin Australia Holidays packages are subject to the Virgin Australia Holidays Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Virgin Australia Holidays website at www.virginaustralia.com/au/holidays-terms-and-conditions.
25. To redeem the Tourism Top End Voucher, the prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions of Tourism Top End (third party). You should contact the third party for more information. Voucher redemption booking conditions will be supplied to the Prize Winner. All bookings are subject to availability.
26. Voucher redemption booking conditions will be supplied to the Prize Winner. All bookings are subject to availability.
27. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
28. A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
29. The Virgin Australia Holidays Voucher
(b) We will send you the voucher within 45 days of the end of the Promotion Period.
(c) The voucher must be used within 12 months from the date of issue or it will expire.
(d) Some Virgin Australia, Virgin Australia Holidays and partner products are excluded from the operation of gift vouchers.
30. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
31. The prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
32. A Winner cannot receive both the major prize and a minor prize, or more than one of the minor prizes.
E. Contacting the Entrant
33. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
34. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
35. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
36. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
(a) The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
(b) The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
37. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
38. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
39. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
40. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or the other party in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
41. Entrants, the winner and/or the other party will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
42. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
43. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
44. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
45. The Promoter, it’s agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
46. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
47. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
48. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
49. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
50. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
51. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
52. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
56. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Authorised under: NSW Permit Number: LTPS/17/14347, SA Permit Number: TP 17/00965 and ACT Permit Number: T17/908.