The Star Gold Coast – Win a VIP Pass to See Amy Shark Live at The Star
AMY SHARK LIVE – COMPETITION // TERMS & CONDITIONS
Conditions of Entry
1. Promoter: The Promoter is The Star Entertainment QLD Limited ABN 78 010 741 045 trading as The Star Gold
Coast, 1 Casino Drive, Broadbeach 4218 (“The Star”).
2. The promotion commences at 5.00pm AEST Friday 17 January 2020 and closes at 9.30am AEST on Thursday 23
January 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
3. The Promotion will be conducted on The Star Gold Coast managed by the Promoter.
4. One (1) Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”) will be held on the draw day (“Draw Day”) at approximately 3.00pm on
Thursday 23 January 2020 where 5 x double passes will be won.
5. During the Promotion Period one (1) draw will be conducted, with five (5) double passes being won. The Prize
Winners (“Prize Winners”) will be announced on the Star Gold Coast page in the comment section of the
6. The Prize Draws will be held at The Star Gold Coast (“Draw Location”).
7. Participation in the Promotion is open to all persons who:
a. are 18 years of age or older;
b. must be contactable via Facebook or Instagram messaging;
c. are not the subject of an exclusion direction or self-exclusion order pursuant to the Casino Control
Act 1982 (Qld); and
d. are not the subject of a Withdrawal of Licence (WOL) from The Star Gold Coast or Treasury Brisbane
People who meet the above conditions and continue to satisfy the conditions during the Promotion Period
are referred to as an “Eligible Entrant” and will be entitled to enter the Promotion.
Entry into the Promotion
8. Entry submissions open at 5.00pm AEST on Friday 17 January and close at 9.30am Thursday 23 January 2020.
9. To enter, Eligible Entrants must name the friend/s they would share the prize with in the Facebook comment
section of the competition post (“Entry”).
10. Any comments made by Entrants on the Facebook or Instagram posts that contain profanities, offensive or
racist language or anything the promoter deems unacceptable will end in the Entrant being disqualified from
11. Entries must be received by the promoter during the Promotion Period. Only one (1) entry per person per day
is permitted. Entries must be submitted by the individual entrant and any automated entries will be invalid. Any
costs associated with the use of Facebook will be the responsibility of the entrant and entrants agree to be
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any Entry. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion,
disqualify any Entry from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with
or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion and reserves the
right to disqualify any entry which is not submitted in accordance with these conditions of entry.
13. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, illegible or
incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
14. Prize Draws will be conducted by a member of the Promoter at 1 Casino Drove, Broadbeach on Thursday 23
January 2020 during the Promotion Period.
15. For the Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”) The Promoter will randomly select five (5) valid Entries from all entrants during
the valid entry submission period who have commented on the competition post in accordance with
16. The Promoter will use a random selection tool to determine the Prize Winners (“Prize Winners”). The Promoter’s
decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Prize Winners from previous prize draws will be removed from any remaining Prize Draws.
18. Five(5) Prizes will be given away during the promotion period. The Prize Winners will, subject to compliance with
these Conditions of Entry, be eligible to win:
1 x VIP double pass to Amy Shark live on The Lawn on Sunday 26 January 2020
– Exclusive access to The Lawn
– One free drink on arrival
– 20% off food and drinks at Garden Kitchen & Bar and Atrium Bar from 4:00pm – midnight on Sunday 26
19. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Prizes are for single use only. Hotel accommodation is subject to
availability and excludes block out dates. The Star Club Member discounts are available in conjunction with
food and beverage prizes.
20. The total prize pool is unknown, this is an exclusive ‘money can’t buy’ experience (“Prize Pool”)
21. The Prize Winner will be announced in the comment section of the Facebook competition post at
approximately 3.00pm on Draw Day. The Prize Winners will be required to private message The Star Gold
Coast Facebook page with their full name, email address and phone number within 24hours of the Prize
Winner announcement. The Prize Winners will be contacted by a representative of the promoter and their
Prize will be arranged for pickup.
22. If the Prize Winner does not respond to The Star Gold Coast by phone, email, or private Facebook message
within 24 hours of the announcement on the Star Gold Coast Facebook page a redraw will take place until a
Valid Entry who satisfies the requirements of the Conditions of Entry is drawn.
23. Each Prize Winner’s Entry and details will be published on the Star Gold Coast facebook page.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or
damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s
negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize, except for
any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable
25. All entries become the property of the Promoter and may be used for future promotions. Entrants
acknowledge that their entry and all material included will be the property of the Promoter. As a condition of
entering into this promotion, each entrant assigns all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in
and to their entry to the Promoter from the time of entry. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may
otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
26. Directors, management and employees of the Star Entertainment Group of companies (including any
related body corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001) and their immediate families are not
eligible to participate in this Promotion. For the purposes of this clause, ‘immediate families’ of an employee
means the person’s spouse and family members residing at the same premises as the employee. The Star
Entertainment Group comprises, but is not limited to the businesses of The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast
and Treasury Brisbane.
27. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion and for
internal research purposes. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, you also agree that the
Promoter may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for
future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other
compensation to you. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information
to other companies associated with this promotion. No other use of this information will be made without
the consent of the entrant. If you do not provide your personal information, the Promoter will not be able to
enter you into this promotion. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter at its address set out below.
28. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner to determine if they have won a Prize in this Promotion at the Star
Instagram or Facebook Page. Whilst The Star will use all reasonable endeavours to contact the Prize Winner, it
is the Winner’s ultimate responsibility to claim their prize.
29. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which changes the result or prevents or
hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters,
acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and
recommence it at a later date.
30. If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes
beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or
proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given
under applicable law) to disqualify any
individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
31. This Promotion is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the
courts of that State.