The Good Guys – Win a $20000 Kinsman Kitchen Plus Appliances From Smeg Competition (prize valued at $20,000)
Win a $20,000 Kinsman Kitchen PLUS Appliances from Smeg Competition
Terms and Conditions
By entering the “Win a $20,000 Kinsman Kitchen PLUS Appliances from Smeg” (“the Competition”), you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
1. The Competition commences Thursday 1 March 2018 at 09:00 AEDT and concludes on Sunday 06 May 2018 at 23:59 AEST (“the Competition Period”).
2. To enter, entrants must go online to https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/kitchen-design/promotions/win-a-kitchen between Thursday 01 March 2018 and Sunday
06 May 2018, and they must:
a. Be an Australian permanent resident aged 18 years or over;
b. Must own the home intended for the Kitchen renovation;
c. Fill in their details and answer a few short questions about their renovation status; and
d. Answer this question in 25 words or less – “what your dream kitchen would look like and why”
3. Entries are limited one (1) entry per person per registered home address.
4. Complete entries must be received by Sunday 06 May 2018 at 23:59 AEST to be deemed eligible for judging. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed
by the Promoters. Judging will commence Wednesday 09 May 2018 and one winner will be judged and awarded the major prize. Winner will be advised by no
later than Friday 01 June 2018 by phone and email. Winner’s first name and post code may also be announced on Facebook and The Good Guys website after
Monday 04 June 2018.
1. There will be One (1) Winner who will be able to eligible for one (1) of the following prize packages detailed in the tables below.
2. The ‘Cash and Appliance Prize’, will only be made available to entrants where the Prize Winner is a resident of SA, WA, TAS, or NT or lives outside a 100km
radius of a Kinsman Kitchens location. In all other instances, the Winner will receive the ‘Kitchen and Appliance Prize’.
Kitchen and Appliance Prize Details
Number Full Details PRIZE VALUE
1 x Prize
Subject to winner meeting the entry requirements defined in ‘HOW TO ENTER’, the Kitchen prize package
consists of the following components:
The First Component is valued up to $20,000.00 RRP and includes kitchen cabinets and Silestone or
Laminate bench tops from Kinsman Kitchens
The Second Component of the prize is a Smeg 60cm Appliance Pack valued at $4,697 at The Good Guys
Standard Ticket Price (correct at the date of publish). The appliances included in this pack are as follows:
o 1 x Smeg 60cm Classic Thermoseal Pyrolytic Oven (model: SFPA6300X);
o 1 x Smeg SmartSense 60cm Induction Cooktop (model: SAI64); and
o 1 x Smeg 60cm Undermount Rangehood (model: SHU670X)
The Third Component of the prize is valued up to $5,303 RRP including GST and includes design, delivery
and labour for installation of the kitchen cabinetry
TOTAL MAXIMUM PRIZE VALUE $30,000.00
Cash and Appliance Prize Details
Number Full Details PRIZE VALUE
1 x Prize
In the event the winner resides in SA, WA, TAS, NT or lives outside a 100km radius of a Kinsman Kitchen location
and does not meet the entry requirements listed in ‘HOW TO ENTER’, the Cash prize package consists of the
$20,000.00 Cash (payable by Electronic Funds Transfer); and
1 x Smeg 60cm Appliance Pack valued at $4,697 at The Good Guys Standard Ticket Price (correct at the date
of publish). The appliances included in this pack are as follows:
o 1 x Smeg 60cm Classic Thermoseal Pyrolytic Oven (model: SFPA6300X);
o 1 x Smeg SmartSense 60cm induction cooktop (model: SAI64); and
o 1 x Smeg 60cm Undermount Rangehood (model: SHU670X).
TOTAL MAXIMUM PRIZE VALUE $24,697.00
Total maximum prize pool value for the prize is up to $30,000.00. Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize
value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding
on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
2. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Validation method will
be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion.
3. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid.
4. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Claims will be deemed invalid. Multiple entries are not permitted, only one entry per person will be allowed.
5. The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to
disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and
omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those
6. The Entrant warrants to the Promoters that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If
the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have
obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoters against all
claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
7. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future
promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled to
amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this Promotion. The
Promoter is committed to maintaining your privacy, and we want you to understand how we use and manage your data. In order to improve our services and
provide better content The Promoter may keep track of patterns of use in the e-mails and e-mail newsletters sent. Please review our privacy statement for
additional information. By supplying the Promoter your information, you have given us permission to communicate to you via mail, e-mail, SMS, MMS, Facebook,
Twitter and telephone indefinitely to inform you about products and services we deliver relevant to our industry. If you wish to obtain a copy of our data privacy
policy, access the personal information we hold about you or if your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete out dated or to unsubscribe, please contact
our Privacy Officer, The Good Guys, 15 Vaughan Street, Essendon Fields, 3041.
9. By entering the competition and providing an email address, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the competition, and other emails which
inform the entrant of the Promoters other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
10. All materials in relation to the installation of the prize will be provided and all installation will be undertaken by suppliers and persons selected by and in the
Promoter’s absolute discretion. The Promoter will provide qualified kitchen installers only to install the prize components. The Prize is subject to all of Kinsman
Kitchens standard terms, conditions and warranties.
11. In accepting the Kitchen prize, the entrant acknowledges that the following is not included in the prize and is at the expense of the winner:
a. Kitchen lighting and glass splashbacks, tiles, flooring and other kitchen accessories.
b. Any gas, electricity, water or associated costs incurred in before, during or after the claiming, installing and using of the Prize.
c. Any accommodation, meals or other spending money incurred in relation to or ancillary to claiming or using the Prize.
d. Any other ancillary or incidental expenses incurred in connection with the prize, whether before, during or after installation.
e. Any insurances or taxes.
f. Any construction, electrical, tiling or plumbing services.
g. Any ongoing maintenance costs.
h. Any costs in excess of the allocated budget per component of the prize or (i) any other ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize.
2. The winner of the Kitchen prize is responsible for all of the trade works (other than the actual kitchen installation) such as plumbing, electrical and tiling. Much of
this will need to be completed before the kitchen can be installed. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to assist the winner with contacts for these
trades. The Promoter will not be responsible for any costs associated with this assistance and The Promoter will not be held responsible or liable for any services
or goods these traders provide and the Promoter make no warranties on their behalf.
3. The Prize must be redeemed in full by 31 December 2018. The Promoter will contact the winner to organise the redemption of the prize.
4. In the event the Winner receives a Cash prize, they will be awarded their prize by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) within twenty eight (28) days of confirmation of
prize. The Winner must hold an Australian bank account and is the responsibility of the Winner to ensure all care is taken to provide their correct bank account
details for the money to be transferred. The Promoter nor the Sponsor will not be responsible for the Winner not receiving the funds if as a result of incorrect
5. The Promoter make’s no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes; and accepts no
responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit.
6. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the
right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion (subject to all and any relevant state and territory rules and regulations).
7. In accepting the prize the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, and the winner grants the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media
worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to photograph the completed kitchen within two months of completion and use these images for advertising and publicity
purposes including but not limited to social media, events, catalogue, TVC, The Good Guys website, third party websites or publications.
9. The winner agrees they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
10. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and their guests must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the Promoters requirements.
11. In the event that an element of the prize outlined in the above is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute with a
similar product of equal or greater value, subject to state regulations.
12. If the winner forfeits a specified element, no cash alternative offer will be granted in lieu of the part of the prize.
13. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferrable or exchangeable, unless stipulated in these terms and conditions.
14. Once the prize is accepted, the winner must deal directly with the Promoter.
15. Employees of the Promoters and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
16. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under
the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of
Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters
(including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
18. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and
agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or
not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these
Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
19. The Promoter of the Competition is The Good Guys Discount Warehouses (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 48 004 880 657) of 15 Vaughan St, Essendon Fields VIC 3041 and
Courtsean Pty Ltd trading as Kinsman Kitchens (ACN 152 876 081) of 1 Wella Way, Somersby NSW 2250.