Super Cheap Auto – Big Break – Win a major prize of a $5,000 Supercheap Auto gift card OR 1 of 200 minor prizes
Super Cheap Auto Pty Ltd
Big Break – Vote for your favourite ad Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or over. However, employees and their immediate families of Super Retail Group Services Pty Ltd, Super Cheap Auto Pty Ltd, Salmat Digital Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. The promoter (“Promoter”) shall (as applicable) be Super Cheap Auto Pty Ltd, (ABN: 64 085 395 124) of 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton, QLD, 4501.
3. The competition commences on Wednesday 3rd May 2017 at 0:01 (AEST) and concludes on Friday 2nd June 2017 at 23:59 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
4. The competition will be advertised at bigbreak.supercheapauto.com as well as in-store, online, via TV, and via e-mail.
5. To be eligible to enter voters must:
a. Visit bigbreak.supercheapauto.com and follow the links to enter the competition
b. Register their details as required on the online form, including and not limited to; first
name, last name, email address and phone number.
c. Vote for at least one TV ad by following the instructions available on the online voting
6. Votes are limited to one vote per day of the promotion period. Each vote will generate 1 entry into the competition.
7. Entrants can win more than 1 prize per day within the promotional period
8. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
9. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
10. Votes must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on Friday 2nd June 2017. The time of entry will in each case be the time the data is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. Any vote that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
12. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
￼13. There is one major prize and a total of 200 minor winners.
14. Major Prize is a $5,000 shopping spree at the winner’s nominated Supercheap Auto store. Winner will receive Supercheap Auto Gift cards to the value of $5,000.Gift cards will expire after 12 months.
15. Each minor prize winner will receive a 1x $100 Supercheap Auto gift card which will be emailed to the email address provided within 3 business days of the draw. Gift cards will expire after 12 months.
16. Minor prize total prize value is $20,000
17. Total prize value is $25,000 (including GST)
18. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
19. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
20. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
21. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
22. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
24. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. One (1) valid entrant within the promotional period will be drawn at random to become the major winner. Fifty (50) minor winners will be drawn at random each week on the dates outlined in the below table. The draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 15:00 (AEST).
￼￼￼￼Unclaimed Prize Draw
￼￼￼￼3/5/2017 – 9/5/2017
￼10/5/2017 – 16/5/2017
￼￼￼￼￼3 ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ 17/5/2017 – 23/5/2017 ￼ ￼ ￼ 24/05/2017 29/05/2017 24/08/2017
￼￼￼24/5/2017 – 2/06/2017 3/5/2017 – 2/06/2017
￼27. The winner will be notified by writing and by phone 2 business days after each draw. The winners of VIC and ACT will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper outlined in the table of clause 25. All other winners will have their details published on the Supercheap Auto Website at http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/helpdesk/about-us/terms- conditions within 3 business days of each draw.
28. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or internet account holder).
29. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
30. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 15:00 (AEST) on the dates outlined in the table of clause 25. The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing and will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Thursday 7th August 2017.
31. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
33. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
34. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
35. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
36. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
37. The Promoter, Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Supercheap Auto and their associated agencies and
￼companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
38. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
39. All entries become the property of The Promoter. The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. Entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Promoter.
40. The Promoter is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
41. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
42. The Promoter is Super Cheap Auto Pty Ltd, (ABN: 64 085 395 124) of 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton, QLD, 4501.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/17/11549, Permit Number ACT: TP 17/00278, Permit Number SA: T17/257.