Samsung Australia – Retweet To Win a Gear S3 Watch
Samsung – Retweet To Win | January – April 2017 Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”) Schedule
Samsung – Retweet To Win | January – April 2017
Samsung Electronics Australia ABN 63 002 915 648, 3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127, Australia. Ph: 1300 362 603
Entries open and close for the thirteen (13) draws on the dates and times specified in the table immediately below, subject to the Exception below:
￼18/01/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼25/01/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼￼￼25/01/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼￼￼01/02/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼01/02/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼08/02/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼08/02/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼15/02/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼15/02/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼22/02/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼22/02/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼01/03/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼01/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼08/03/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼￼￼08/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼￼￼15/03/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼15/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼22/03/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼22/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼29/03/17 at 05:00 pm AEDT
￼￼￼￼￼29/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
￼￼￼￼￼05/04/17 at 05:00 pm AEST
￼05/04/17 at 09:00 am AEST
￼12/04/17 at 05:00 pm AEST
￼￼￼12/04/17 at 09:00 am AEST
￼￼￼￼19/04/17 at 05:00 pm AEST
￼Eligible 1. Entrants:
How to Enter:
If the Competition Tweet for a draw is not published on the @SamsungAU Twitter account until after the date
and time specified above for entries to open for that draw, then entries for that draw will open at the date and time that the Competition Tweet is published, but close at the original time specified.
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 15 years old or over. If an entrant is not over the age of 18, that entrant must obtain the consent of their parent or guardian to enter this Promotion (“Consenting Parent or Guardian”). By permitting an entrant under the age of 18 to enter the promotion, the Consenting Parent or Guardian is agreeing on behalf of the entrant to:
a) these Terms and Conditions; and
To enter one of the thirteen (13) draws in this Promotion, the entrant must retweet the “Competition Tweet” published on the @SamsungAU Twitter account for that draw during the entry period for that draw. The Competition Tweets for each draw are as follows:
￼￼￼￼Get into Gear. RT by 5pm AEDT 25/01 for a chance to win a Gear S3. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼Need some space? RT by 5pm AEDT 01/02 for a chance to win a 1TB SSD. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼￼￼￼A brilliant picture. RT by 5pm AEDT 08/02 for a chance to win a Monitor. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼Get into Gear. RT by 5pm AEDT 15/02 for a chance to win a Gear S3. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼Need some space? RT by 5pm AEDT 22/02 for a chance to win a 1TB SSD. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼￼A brilliant picture. RT by 5pm AEDT 01/03 for a chance to win a Monitor. See
￼© 2016 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce without authority.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼￼Get into Gear. RT by 5pm AEDT 08/03 for a chance to win a Gear S3. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼Need some space? RT by 5pm AEDT 15/03 for a chance to win a 1TB SSD. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼￼A brilliant picture. RT by 5pm AEDT 22/03 for a chance to win a Monitor. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Get into Gear. RT by 5pm AEDT 29/03 for a chance to win a Gear S3. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼Need some space? RT by 5pm AEST 05/04 for a chance to win a 1TB SSD . See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼A brilliant picture. RT by 5pm AEST 12/04 for a chance to win a Monitor. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼Get into Gear. RT by 5pm AEST 19/04 for a chance to win a Gear S3. See http://www.samsung.com/au/promotions/terms-and-conditions/retweet-to-win-jan-apr.pdf for T&Cs.
￼￼Entries Permitted: Total Prize Pool:
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
￼￼￼Number of this prize
￼￼￼￼￼Value (per prize)
￼￼￼￼1, 4, 7, 10, 13
One (1) Gear S3 frontier SM-R760NDAAXSA watch.
￼1 per draw – five (5) in total
￼￼￼￼2, 5, 8, 11
￼￼￼One (1) Samsung SSD T3 MU-PT1T0B/WW 1TB SSD.
￼￼￼1 per draw – four (4) in total
￼￼￼￼3, 6, 9, 12
￼￼￼One (1) Samsung UD970 LC27F591FDEXXY 27 inch curved monitor
￼￼1 per draw – four (4) in total
￼￼No prize is exchangeable, redeemable or transferable. The winner must contact the Promoter in order to organise delivery.
Winner The winners will be notified in writing at their Twitter account within two (2) business days of the draw. The Notification: winners will be published at www.samsung.com/au/competition-winners/twitter-giveaway-promotion.pdf on the
4, 5, 6
7, 8, 9
10, 11, 12
Unclaimed Prize(s) must be claimed by the following “Claim By” dates. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be Prizes: redrawn on the corresponding redraw date at 12:00 pm AEDT on the 24/07/17 at Plexus Level 2, 35 Little Bourke
Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia:
1, 2, 3
4, 5, 6
7, 8, 9
Draw Claim By Date
© 2016 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce without authority.
￼￼￼10, 11, 12
￼￼The winners of the redraw will be notified by their Twitter account within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.samsung.com/au/competition- winners/twitter-giveaway-promotion.pdf on 07/08/17.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies associated with this Promotion, the Promoter, its
distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The draws will take place at Plexus, Level 2, 35 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 12:00 pm AEDT on the dates outlined below by computerised random selection. Non-winning entries in each Repeated Draws will not be entered into any subsequent Repeated Draws.
b) The Promoter warrants that the computerised draw system used to draw prizes has been appraised by a suitably qualified person into the operation and integrity of the computerised draw system.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
6. Subject to any test of participants’ knowledge, skills or judgment, all eligible entries have a fair and equal chance to win the prizes.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
8. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the
Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
9. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with the
Twitter Rules (https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Twitter Rules and Policies (https://support.twitter.com/groups/56-policies-violations#topic_236), Search Best Practices (https://support.twitter.com/articles/42646-twitter-search-best-practices) and Guidelines for Contests (https://support.twitter.com/articles/68877-guidelines-for-contests-on-twitter). Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Twitter. The entrant releases Twitter and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
10. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
￼￼￼￼1, 2, 3
￼￼￼￼4, 5, 6
￼￼￼￼7, 8, 9
￼￼￼￼10, 11, 12
￼© 2016 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce without authority.
11. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the respective winning entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
16. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
17. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
18. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
20. ThePromoterreservestheright,atanytime,tovalidateandchecktheauthenticityofentriesandentrant’sdetails(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
© 2016 Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Do not reproduce without authority.
21. All material submitted on entry (e.g. photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
22. ThePromoterreservestherighttodisqualifyentriesintheeventofnon-compliancewiththeseConditionsofEntry.Inthe event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. ThePromoteranditsassociatedagenciesandcompanieswillnotbeliableforanyloss(including,withoutlimitation,indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
24. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
27. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 17/00016, NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/10625 and SA Permit No. T17/16