New Idea Puzzles – Win a Trip to Hamilton Island (prize valued at $1,000)
“GORDON’S PLEDGE 2019” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and about prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their
immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible
to enter and/or claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-
facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-
sister or 1st
3. The promotion will be conducted between 02/10/19 and 11:59pm AEDST on 30/10/19
4. How to enter: To enter the promotion, entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit
www.gordonspledge.com.au, complete the online entry form by entering all requested details
including first & last name, DOB, State, valid email address & mobile number, and submit the
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of theseTerms andConditions, tamperedwiththeentry processorengagedinany unlawful
or otherimproper misconduct calculatedtojeopardisefairandproper conduct ofthepromotion.
Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to
enforceany of its rights at any stagedoes not constituteawaiverof thoserights. ThePromoter’s
legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
8. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, 210 The Central Coast Highway, Erina
NSW 2250 at 11am AEDST on 11/11/19 in the presence of an independent scrutineer. Winner
will be notified by telephone and in writing via email within two (2) business days of the draw
and their name published on 13/11/19 at http://www.diageopromotions.com.au.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip to Hamilton Island, QLD for four (4) adults, valued at
up to $10,495 depending on point of departure. Prize includes:
Return economy flights for four (4) adults from winner’s nearest capital city to Hamilton
Island, QLD (if required – will not be awarded if winner resides on Hamilton Island, and not
redeemable for cash);
Four(4) nights 4-staraccommodation at theBeachClubResort intwo(2)twinsharerooms,
with breakfast daily;
Return airport to accommodation transfers; and
One (1) dinner cruise for four (4) adults on board the M.V. Hamilton Star.
11. Spending money, additional meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, additional
transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not
included. Prize must be taken by 11/11/20, subject tobooking and flight availability. Itinerary to
be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part
of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service
providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation
12. The total prize pool value for this promotion is up to $10,495. Prize, or any unused portion of
the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise
13. The Promoter advocates the responsible service and consumption of alcohol. The Promoter
encourages consumers to drink responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to visit
www.drinkwise.org.au toget the facts on standard drinks and responsible drinking.
14. If for any reason the winner does not takethe prize by the time stipulated by thePromoter, then
the prize will be forfeited.
15. If the prize (or any part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the
right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or
specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, will take place at the same time and place as the original
draw on 12/02/20, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Winners in
any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within two (2)
business days of the draw and their names will be published on 14/02/20 at
17. If this promotionis interferedwithinany way oris not capableofbeingconductedas reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify
any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify,
suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to any written directions
from any regulatory authority.
18. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of
19. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss ordamage(includingloss ofopportunity); whetherdirect, indirect,special orconsequential,
arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not
under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c)
any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
theirreceipt by thePromoter)duetoany reasonbeyondthereasonablecontrol ofthePromoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by any winner or entrant; or (f) the prize.
20. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may,
for this purpose, disclosesuchPItothirdparties,includingbut not limitedtoagents, contractors,
service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is
conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its
for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing,
publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or
opt out of marketing, access, update or correct their PI, how entrants’ entrant can contact and
may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles. All entries become the
property of the Promoter. Unless otherwise indicated by the Promoter, the Promoter may
disclose PI to entities outside of Australia, and cannot guarantee that any overseas recipient
will not breach the Australian Privacy Principles. By entering the promotion entrants consent to
the overseas transfer on these terms as permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles and
agree that the Promoter is not liable in this regard.
21. Entrants grant the Promoter permission to communicate with them by email and/or SMS in
order to provide details of the prize and/or instructions as to how the winner is to claim the prize
and establish his/her entitlement to it.
22. The Promoter is Diageo Australia Limited of 162 Blues Point Road, McMahons Point, NSW,
2060, ABN 33 004 167 720. Consumer enquiries may be directed to 1800 789 344.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/37833
ACT Permit No. TP19/04135
SA Permit No. T19/1502