McDonalds – Big Mac Secret Sauce – Win a $10,000 Visa Prepaid Gift Card OR 1 of 10 $1,000 Visa Prepaid Gift Cards
MACCA’S SECRET SAUCE PROMOTION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet Only
2. Entry into the promotion is only open to residents of Australia aged 15 years or older (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families, including their children and wards, and other persons residing in their household) of the Promoter, its related entities, corporations or franchisees, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the promotion and provide Personal Information about themselves. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 years and enter the promotion without disclosing (or attempting to conceal) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental/ legal guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Conditions of Entry will bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years). If any prize winner is aged under 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the prize winner entering the promotion, at the discretion of the Promoter.
PROMOTIONAL PERIOD AND PROMOTIONAL STAGES
4. The promotion commences at 10:00am (AEDT) on 27/01/2016 and ends at 09:59am (AEDT) on 29/02/2016 or once the final code is cracked, whichever occurs first (Promotional Period).
5. The Promotional Period is divided into eleven (11) promotional stages, commencing and closing on the dates and times (AEDT) set out in the table below, for the purpose of determining winners and awarding prizes in this promotion (each, a Promotional Stage). For each Promotional Stage, the Promoter will post on the McDonald’s Australia Facebook page at www.facebook.com/McDonaldsAU, the McDonald’s Australia Twitter page at https://twitter.com/maccas and the McDonald’s Australia Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/mcdonaldsau (together, the McDonald’s Social Media Pages) one or more clues (each a Promotional Social Media Post) in order for Entrants to participate in the corresponding Promotional Stage in accordance with Condition 6.
￼￼Start Date & Time (AEDT)
￼￼￼￼￼￼Close Date & Time (AEDT)
￼￼￼￼10:00am on 27/01/2016
￼￼￼￼￼￼09:59am on 28/01/2016
10:00am on 28/01/2016
￼￼09:59am on 29/01/2016
￼10:00am on 29/01/2016
￼￼￼￼￼09:59am on 01/02/2016
￼￼￼￼10:00am on 01/02/2016
￼￼￼￼￼￼09:59am on 02/02/2016
10:00am on 02/02/2016
￼￼09:59am on 03/02/2016
￼￼￼￼10:00am on 03/02/2016
￼￼￼￼￼￼09:59am on 04/02/2016
￼10:00am on 04/02/2016
￼￼￼09:59am on 05/02/2016
8 10:00am on 05/02/2016 09:59am on 08/02/2016
￼10:00am on 08/02/2016
￼￼￼￼￼09:59am on 09/02/2016
￼￼￼￼10:00am on 09/02/2016
￼￼￼￼￼￼09:59am on 10/02/2016
￼￼￼10:00am on 10/02/2016
￼￼￼09:59am on 29/02/2016 or once the final code is cracked, whichever occurs first
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter, Entrants must, during a Promotional Stage:
a. Visit a McDonald’s Social Media Page and read the Promotional Social Media Post(s) for the corresponding Promotional Stage. Promotional Social Media Posts will be published at various times across the McDonald’s Social Media Pages during each Promotional Stage until the corresponding prize for that Promotional Stage is awarded or the Promotional Stage closes;
b. Crack the code contained in the Promotional Social Media Post(s) by correctly working out the answer to the Promotional Social Media Post(s);
c. Visit specialsauce.mcdonalds.com.au (Promotional Website) and enter their answer to the Promotional Social Media Post(s) to see if they have successfully cracked the code for the corresponding Promotional Stage;
d. If an Entrant’s answer is correct, immediately follow the prompts to fully and correctly complete and successfully submit the online entry form (Online Entry Form) in the manner required, including providing the Entrant’s full name, address, telephone number, current and valid email address and date of birth, at which point an email will be sent to the Entrant’s email account to validate their entry (Validation Email),
e. within one (1) hour of the time the Validation Email was sent to the Entrant, click on the link contained in the Validation Email to successfully validate their entry,
(each, an Entry).
7. Entries are only valid for the corresponding Promotional Stage. Multiple entries are permitted, however each entry must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
8. The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an entry is in the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, obscene, crude or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers may infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity will not be accepted as an eligible entry into the promotion. This includes but is not limited to any entry which the Promoter considers to be disparaging of any of its or any prize supplier’s products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the promotion.
9. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Entrant on their entry form will deem their entry invalid.
10. Costs associated with accessing the Promotional Website or Validation Email remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
11. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
FIRST PAST THE POST PRIZES
12. The first single Entry received during a Promotional Stage will be awarded the corresponding prize for that Promotional Stage in accordance with the table below. There will be one (1) winner per Promotional Stage. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
￼￼1 x $1000 Visa Prepaid Gift Card AND 1 x 500mL Big Mac Special Sauce (valued at $4.95 RRP)
1 x $10,000 Visa Prepaid Gift Card AND 1 x 500mL Big Mac Special Sauce (valued at $4.95 RRP)
13. The first eligible Entrant to successfully submit the Online Entry Form for each Promotional Stage will only be deemed a winner after complying in full with Condition 6. In the event that an Entrant fails to validate their entry in accordance with Condition 6, their entry will be deemed invalid. The prize winners will be notified immediately on screen after validating their Entry. All reasonable steps to notify the prize winners will be taken by the Promoter and each winner’s name and locality will be published on the Promotional Website on 01/03/2016 and will remain on the Promotional Website for no less than twenty-eight (28) days. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. After the first eligible Entrant for each Promotional Stage successfully completes the Online Entry Form, the corresponding prize for that Promotional Stage will be locked. In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible Entrant (including if an Entrant fails to complete the Online Entry Form and/or validate their entry within the timeframes required in Condition 6), or if the Entrant is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize for the corresponding Promotional Stage will be unlocked and the Promoter may award the prize for that Promotional Stage to the Entrant who completes the next eligible Entry for that Promotional Stage. This process will continue until the prize for that Promotional Stage is awarded or until the Promotional Stage closes, whichever occurs earlier.
15. Second Chance Draw: Any prizes not awarded at the conclusion of the Promotional Period will be entered into a second chance draw, which will take place at 10.00am (AEDT) on 04/03/2016 at 21–29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh NSW 2120, to award the prize(s) (if any) to winner(s) randomly selected from the Promoter’s customer database (Second Chance Draw). In the event of any winner(s) in the Second Chance Draw, the winner(s) will be notified in writing and the name and locality of each winner will be published in The Australian on 11/03/2016. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the Second Chance Draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. In the event of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant in the Second Chance Draw, or if an Entrant drawn is unable to accept or declines to participate in a prize within ten (10) days of being successfully notified that they are a winner (if applicable), or if an Entrant drawn cannot be notified, the Promoter will hold an unclaimed prize draw in accordance with Condition 16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Unclaimed Prize Draw: The Promoter may conduct a further draw at the same time and place as the Second Chance Draw on 13/06/2016 in order to distribute any prize(s) if any unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. In the event of any winner(s) in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner(s) will be notified in writing and the name and locality of each winner will be published in The Australian on 20/06/2016. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the
unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Gift cards are subject to their prevailing terms and conditions of use, including expiry dates, and are not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged.
18. A prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If a prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured by the Promoter or prize supplier.
19. It is the responsibility of the winners to ensure the food and/or beverage(s) included in a prize is consistent with their dietary requirements.
20. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, before issuing a prize (including confirming consent of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian that gave their consent, where an Entrant is under 18 years of age).
21. If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
22. The total maximum prize pool value is up to AUD$20,054.45. Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prizes cannot be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
23. A prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
24. It is a condition of accepting a prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release(s) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. A winner must sign any document required by the Promoter (in its absolute discretion) with respect to the assignment of any prize (if applicable).
25. Prizes will only be awarded where the entry fulfils all of the requirements of the Promoter’s verification tests and procedures. The verification tests and procedures shall be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
26. Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Promotional Website or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
27. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
28. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram membership, notifications, pages, applications and use of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram generally is subject to its prevailing terms and conditions of use at www.facebook.com/policies, ￼ ￼ https://twitter.com/tos and https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/terms/. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
29. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law, Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims.
30. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s mobile handset, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
31. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
33. As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant (or their parent of legal guardian, if the winner is aged under 18 years) consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, locality (residential State/suburb) likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant (or their parent or legal guardian, if the winner is aged under 18 years) agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
34. An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
35. The Promoter is committed to helping its customers make informed decisions about their food and beverage choices. The Promoter provides healthier food and beverage options for adults and children and ensures nutritional information is easily accessible to its customers. Nutritional information is available on websites, including on the Promoter’s website
(www.mcdonalds.com.au), in McDonald’s Restaurants and, wherever possible, on product packaging.
36. The Promoter collects Personal Information about an Entrant to include the Entrant in a promotion and award prizes (where appropriate) and assist the Promoter in improving its goods and services. If the Personal Information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the promotion and is deemed ineligible. An Entrant agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the Entrant is the winner, publish or cause to be published the Entrant’s name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant Australian State or Territory lottery legislation.
38. If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
39. By participating in the promotion and opting in, an Entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s Personal Information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on special offers or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies, promotional partners, promotional agents and prize suppliers, who may contact the Entrant with information about McDonald’s, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials in this way. By entering the promotion and opting in, an Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use the Entrant’s Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
40. In these Conditions of Entry: “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
41. Promoter: McDonald’s Australia Limited, ABN 43 008 496 928, of 21–29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh NSW 2120. Telephone: (02) 9875 6666.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/00322. ACT Permit No. TP 16/00062. SA Permit No. T16/70