KFC – Win a bucket of KFC with #THEHCG (upload photo of your KFC, tag your mates)
KFC SHOUT A MATE PROMOTION
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of
Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 15 years or older (Entrants). The directors,
management and employees (and their immediate families, including their children and wards)
of the Promoter, its related entities, corporations or franchisees, printers, suppliers, providers
and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to
enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto
spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent,
step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
3. Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter
the promotion and provide Personal Information about themselves. All entries of Entrants who
are under the age of 18 years and enter the promotion without disclosing (or attempting to
conceal) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental or
guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Conditions of Entry will
bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged
under 18 years).
4. The promotion starts at 12:00AM (AEDT) on 11/01/2016 and ends at 11:59pm (AEDT) on
24/01/2016 (AEDT) (Promotional Period).
5. The Promotional Period will be divided into promotional minutes, which will commence and
close every sixty (60) seconds over the entire duration of the Period (each, a Promotional
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter the promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. become a registered user of Twitter (Entrants who are already registered users of
Twitter will not be required to complete this step). Entrants must ensure that their
Twitter account is set to ‘public’ and that their location settings on their device are
turned on; and
b. tweet a photograph they have taken of a great tasting KFC meal or product on their
personal Twitter page and include a friend or acquaintance’s (Mate’s) Twitter handle
with the term #theHCG”.
7. Mates must be residents of Australia aged 15 years or older. Each Entrant warrants that the
Mate identified in their tweet is known to them personally and that they have, before submitting
their entry, obtained the consent of the Mate to include the Mate in their entry and submit that
entry into the promotion.
8. Only one (1) entry per Twitter account per Promotional Minute permitted. Each entry must be
submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
Photographs of KFC meals or products must be unique for each entry.
9. Twitter membership, notifications, pages, applications and use of Twitter generally is subject to
its prevailing terms and conditions of use at https://twitter.com/tos. The promotion is in no way
sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Entrants and Mates
understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. Entrants
and Mates are solely responsible and liable for any content or information they transmit to other
Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant and Mate agrees to indemnify,
defend and forever hold harmless, Twitter and its associated agencies and companies, against
any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be
incurred by an Entrant or Mate in respect of the Entrant or Mate’s participation in the promotion
respectively. Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to
the Promoter and not to Twitter.
10. Entrants and Mates acknowledge that their personal Twitter page will be updated by entering
the promotion and that the entries may be featured on the Promoter’s website, the Promotor’s
Twitter page, their personal Twitter page and generally on Twitter for public viewing during the
Promotional Period and in perpetuity (unless otherwise requested). Once an entry is submitted,
Entrants acknowledge that the entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and
where required by the Promoter).
11. Costs associated with accessing Twitter remain an Entrant and their Mate’s responsibility and
may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
12. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that
allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries
submitted by that Entrant invalid.
13. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time they are published on Twitter. Entries received will
be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or
incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for
late, lost or misdirected entries. Any details, including contact details, provided incorrectly by an
Entrant or their Mate will deem their entry invalid.
14. An Entrant may, during the Promotional Period, be requested by the Promoter to resubmit their
entry via Twitter if the Promoter considers the entry submitted to be ineligible to be accepted as
a valid entry (Resubmitted Entry). The decision by the Promoter to request a Resubmitted
Entry, or to accept or reject a Resubmitted Entry as a valid entry, is in the Promoter’s sole
discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. If a Resubmitted Entry is accepted by
the Promoter in its sole discretion as a valid entry, the Resubmitted Entry will be deemed to be
the entry for the Entrant for the remainder of the promotion. If a Resubmitted Entry is rejected
by the Promoter as an invalid entry, or is not received by the Promoter during the Promotional
Period, the Entrant will not have gained an entry into the promotion.
15. In order to determine the winners of the Instant Win Prizes (as set out in Condition 20), the
entries will be sorted according to the State recorded in their entry as follows: QLD, NSW, VIC,
SA, WA, TAS/NT/ACT, and for entries where a location has not been disclosed will be sorted
into the group ‘Unspecified State’ (each, a State Group).
16. Each Promotional Minute will have its own random electronic draw at Ogilvy House, 72 Christie
Street, St Leonards, 2065, whereby an approved electronic draw system will randomly
determine the winning entry for that Promotional Minute, and the Mate stipulated in the winning
entry will win the Instant Win Prize for that Promotional Minute (each, a Draw). Entries for each
Promotional Minute must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Minute to be
eligible for the corresponding Draw. Entries received in a given Promotional Minute are only
eligible for the corresponding Draw and will NOT rollover into any subsequent Draw (except
where no entries have been received for a Promotional Minute, as per Condition 18). Each
Draw will only select entries for a specific State Group. The order in which the State Groups will
be selected for a Draw, commencing from the first Promotional Minute and repeating the
process during the Promotional Period, is as follows:
vi. TAS/NT/ACT; then
vii. Unspecified State
17. Instant Win Prize winners will be notified via direct tweet by the promoter to the Mate specified
in the winning entry (Winner). The Winners will be published on the Promoter’s Twitter page at
@KFCAustralia within 16 hours of the corresponding Draw. Each Winner will be invited to
contact the Promoter via the Promoter’s Twitter page to redeem their prize. In order to directly
message the Promotor via Twitter, the Mate will be required to follow the Promotor’s Twitter
page at @KFCAustralia. All reasonable attempts to notify the winners will be made by the
Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. If no entries have been received for a Promotional Minute(s), the Promoter will conduct
electronic draws at Ogilvy House, 72 Christie Street, St Leonards, 2065 in subsequent
Promotional Minute(s) (as required) during the Promotional Period to randomly select an entry
from all eligible entries received to date, to select a Winner.
19. This is a game of chance and winners will be determined at random and not by the use of any
20. Instant Win Prizes: Mates will be notified within 16 hours of the entry being submitted, by
Tweet, if they are an instant winner, unless Condition 18 applies, in which case Mates will be
notified within approximately 16 hours of the applicable electronic draw, by Tweet, if they are an
instant winner. Instant winners will each win one (1) voucher for a HCG bucket of KFC (which
includes eight (8) pieces of Original Recipe Chicken on the bone and two large chips) valued at
up to AUD $19.95 (RRP) (each, an Instant Win Prize) each valid for 72 hours. There are
20,160 Instant Win Prizes to be awarded in this promotion (one per Promotional Minute).
21. An Instant Win Prize voucher is subject to its prevailing terms and conditions of use, including
expiry dates, and is not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged. Instant voucher must be
presented and redeemed at participating KFC restaurants in Australia within the Promotional
Period expiration date and within 72 hours of receipt of the voucher.
22. An Instant Win Prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged or promoted as an
incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter
into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If an Instant Win Prize is
obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured by the Promoter or prize
23. A Mate’s acceptance of an Instant Win Prize is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.