eBay – Drone a Friend – Nominated friend win iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, cameras, smartphones
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
5. (a) (b)
(a) (b) (c) (d) (e) (f) (g) (h) (i)
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition (including by accepting a prize) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
Entry is only open to NSW residents aged 18 years and over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
All winning entrants and prize winners must: (a) attend the event location in Sydney, NSW (or close proximity to Sydney, NSW) chosen by the Promoter (“Event Location”) on 28 March 2015; and (b) agree to participate in a video filmed by the Promoter at the Event Location and sign a Talent Release Form in accordance with clause 13.
The competition commences at 10.00 (AEST) on 18 March 2015 and ends at 23.59 (AEDST) on 22 March 2015 (“Competition Period”).
To be eligible to enter, during the Competition Period:
visit the Facebook Competition Page at https://apps.facebook.com/ebaydroneafriend/ (“Facebook Page”); fully complete the entry form including:
i. your full name, email address and phone number;
ii. the name of the friend that you wish to nominate to win a prize aged 18 years or over;
iii. pick the prize your nominated friend will have the chance to win from the selection of prizes
iv. tell us why, in 250 characters or less, you want to surprise your friend with this gift; and
read and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for seeking permission from your friend to nominate them for this competition and provide their name to us. You will ensure your friend is available to attend the Event Location on 28 March 2015. You must not nominate a friend that is not willing or able to participate.
Multiple entries are permitted per person, subject to the following: (a) you may not nominate the same friend more than once; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with clause 5.
This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Your entry will be individually judged based on the merit (both literary and creative) of your answer to the competition question “tell us why you want to surprise your friend with this gift”. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry, ineligible entrant or failure by an entrant or nominated friend to meet the requirements of these terms and conditions.
At the time of entry, you must select one (1) prize from the list of prizes that you want your nominated
friend to have a chance to win. There are four prizes to be won in total from the list of prize options below: iPhone 6 (16GB – Silver) RRP $999
iPad Air 2 (64GB, Wi-Fi 4G Cellular) RRP $899
Sony NWZ-ZX1 Video 128GB Walkman RRP $799
Beats Studio Wireless RRP $479
Canon 1200D Twin Lens Kit DSLR RRP $899
GoPro Hero 4 – Black RRP $679
Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet RRP $499.99
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge 4G LTE (32GB) RRP $999 Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (16GB, 4G, White) RRP $599
“DRONE A FRIEND” COMPETITION
￼￼Prizes do not include connection to any telecommunications, data, access or other cell phone services. Apple Inc and other prize providers are not participants in or sponsors of this promotion.
10. The four best valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each be deemed a winning entry. The friend nominated in each winning entry (each a “Winner”) will receive the prize the entrant selected at the time of entry. A total of four prizes will be awarded to Winners.
11. Winning entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the Promoter and its agency, Razorfish Australia Pty Ltd. Judging will take place at Bond 3, 30 Windmill St, 2000, NSW on 24 March 2015.
12. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, you will be notified by telephone on 24 March 2015. Each winning entrant will be responsible for contacting the Winner they nominated and making arrangements for the Winner to attend the Event Location on 28 March 2015. The Promoter will determine the Event Location at its discretion. The prize includes the cost of a taxi for you and your nominated friend to travel to and from a single location in the Sydney metro area, up to a maximum value of $100 in total. Any travel costs or other costs or expenses associated with the prize are at your sole cost and discretion.
￼13. Prizes will be delivered to the Winner at the Event Location by way of a drone. You and the Winner will be filmed by the Promoter (or its agencies or contractors) while in the vicinity of the Event Location and during delivery of the prize to the Winner. The Promoter will use the footage in a video for eBay promotional and marketing purposes. The Promoter will have sole control of the creation and editing of the video; you and the Winner will not be given rights of review. As a material condition of this competition, both you and the Winner will be required to sign a talent release agreement provided to you by the Promoter. Click here to see a copy of the talent release agreement you and the Winner will each be required to sign.
14. If for any reason a Winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
15. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal or greater value.
16. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, entrants and winners (including an entrant’s or winner’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
18. You are fully responsible and liable for any content you submit to the competition, including answers to the competition question (“Content”). You must only submit Content to the competition if you own all of the rights in that Content, and you warrant that your Content will not infringe any third party’s rights, breach any laws, contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or otherwise be inappropriate or unsuitable for use in this competition. You indemnify eBay and its agents, related bodies corporate and each of their directors, officers and employees (“those indemnified”) from loss, liability, damage, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by any of those indemnified in connection with a failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
19. As a condition of entering this competition, you license and grants the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub- licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including the Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Further, you consent to any use of the Content which would otherwise infringe your moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
20. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss, damage, cost, expense or proceedings, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including loss of profit or loss of opportunity), arising in any way out of or in connection with the competition.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical, telecommunications or other problems, including security breaches, unauthorized intervention or fraud. If such problems arise then the Promoter may, to the fullest extent permitted by law, modify or suspend the competition as appropriate.
23. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers, who assist the Promoter to conduct the competition. The Promoter and third parties who the Promoter discloses personal information to in accordance with this clause will only use personal information collected as part of this competition in connection with the competition, including to contact winning entrants. The Promoter’s User Privacy Notice is available at www.ebay.com.au.
24. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
￼Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the competition (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Entry and continued participation in the competition is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php..
25. The promoter is eBay International AG (“Promoter”).