Channel Ten – The Bachelor – Watch & Win $10,000 with #RoseFromRichie
#RoseFromRichie Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the #RoseFromRichie Promotion (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday 11 July 2016 at 12:00 AEST and closes on Friday 16
September 2016 at 09:00 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on/in, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au,
Woman’s Day, NW, TV Week and OK! magazine.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must
a. take a photo with the relevant marketing asset promoting Network Ten’s 2016
Bachelor (it can be a photo of him from Ten’s advertising campaign, including posters in magazines or a pic of him on Tenplay etc.), then either:
i. Log into their Facebook account and post a public status including their photo of their ‘Selfie’ with Richie and the hashtag #RoseFromRichie
ii. OR Log into their Twitter account and tweet the photo with #RoseFromRichie
iii. OR Log into their Instagram account and upload the photo with
b. watch The Bachelor on Channel 10 on Wednesday 27 July 2016 to obtain the code
c. OR from Thursday 28 July, 2016 obtain the code word from
6. Entrants will be required to provide the code word stated in The Bachelor or on tenplay.com.au/thebachelor after the competition closing date when contacted to confirm they are a valid Major Prize Winner.
7. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the creative merit of the picture. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to The Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
￼#RoseFromRichie Terms & Conditions.docx Page 1 of 5
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to The Promoter and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to The Promoter and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
11. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
12. No entry limit applies to this Competition, however, each separate entry must be different to a previous entry/ies.
13. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period and one (1) major winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW2009onFriday16September2016from10:00amAEST. TheWinnerwillbetheEntrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most creative and original picture. The Prize Winner will be notified by a comment on their original social media post within 5 days of the Prize Determination Date.
14. Should the Major Prize Winner be unable to provide the code word when contacted by The Promoter, they will lose all rights to the Major Prize, and the judging panel at Network TEN will select an alternative winner.
15. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (ie social media account holder).
16. Should an entrant’s contact details change or the public setting on their social account be changed to private during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
17. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winners. If any Prize remains unclaimed by a winner or unallocated or forfeited or any reason, by 10:00 AEDT on Tuesday 4th October 2016, the Prize/s will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009 on Tuesday 4th October 2016 from 10:01 AEDT. The Winner/s of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
18. Entries must be received by Friday 16 September, 2016 at 09:00 am AEST. Entries will only be valid if and Facebook settings are public, or the Facebook entry is posted as a public status. Pictures must remain on the entrants Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account until the draw date.
19. An entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
20. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
#RoseFromRichie Terms & Conditions.docx Page 2 of 5
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Rights and Release
22. You warrant to the Promoter the entry submitted is your original work that does not infringe the rights of any person. If your entry or any part of the information provided to you in relation to your entry was provided by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit your entry for the purposes of this promotion. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
23. By entering into the Competition you:
a. consent to the Promoter using any and all parts of your entry (including photo) in any
manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you, including exploitation of the photo in any media (now existing or hereafter devised) throughout the world in perpetuity which may include broadcast on Channel Ten, Channel Eleven or Channel One, publication on the Promoter’s website, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes;
b. consent to the Promoter editing your entry (including photo) in any way;
c. grant to the Promoter the right to use your name, image and likeness in connection with
the photo and the Competition;
d. assign to the Promoter, by way of present and future assignment of existing and future
rights, all rights in all material created by in connection with your entry, photo and Competition immediately upon their creation and grant to the Promoter a worldwide, royalty free, exclusive, irrevocable licence to exploit any and all parts of your entry (including photo);
e. consent to such acts that might otherwise infringe your moral rights in respect of all material created under these Terms and Conditions and you agree that the Promoter is not required to credit you in its exploitation of your entry (including photo);
f. agree that your only remedy in connection with your entry is an action at law for damages (if any); and
g. (to the fullest extent permissible by law) release the Promoter, and the Promoter’s servants and agents from any claim by or on behalf of you arising out of or in connection with:
i. your participation in the Competition; or
ii. the Promoter’s exploitation of your entry (including photo).
24. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner who will receive the prize detailed below:
￼￼￼1 x Major Prize
￼￼· $10,000 cash
￼￼￼TOTAL PRIZE VALUE
#RoseFromRichie Terms & Conditions.docx
Page 3 of 5
25. The total Prize Pool is valued at $10,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize values between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
26. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize/s are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
27. Prize monies will be transferred directly into the bank account nominated by the winner. The Promoter will not be responsible for the winner not receiving prize funds as a result of incorrect bank account number details or other details affecting the transfer. If the winner is under 18 years of age the prize money will be transferred to their nominated parent or legal guardian. The winner and parent/guardian will be required to sign a winner transfer agreement provided by The Promoter.
28. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
29. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
30. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for an excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential , arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
#RoseFromRichie Terms & Conditions.docx Page 4 of 5
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
34. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
35. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to third party service providers for this purpose. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
37. In these terms and conditions, “includes” and “including” are not words of limitation.
38. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.