Channel 9 – Win an Unforgettable Ashes Experience for Two (prize valued at $6,560)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means
any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child
(whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-
sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences 12:01am AEDST on 23/11/17 and closes 9:00am
AEDST on 18/12/17 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit
wwos.nine.com.au, locate the promotional entry form, complete all requested
details including full name, home address contact number, a valid and their
vote for their favourite “Should have gone to Specsavers moment” (out of 3
options provided) and submit the completed form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries
and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or
other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of
the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s
discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage
does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to
recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to each entry being submitted separately
and in accordance with entry requirements.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The draw will take place at Nine Network, 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby
NSW 2068 on 18/12/2017 at midday AEDST. The Promoter may select
additional reserve entries and record them in order in case of an invalid entry
or ineligible entrant. The winner will be notified by telephone and email within
two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on
wwos.nine.com.au on 20/12/17.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) adults to Sydney, NSW
valued at up to $6,560 depending on point of departure. Prize includes:
2 x economy class return airfares from winner’s nearest capital city to
Sydney, NSW (if required);
4 nights 4 star accommodation in Sydney, NSW;
2 x general admission tickets to Days 1 – 3 of the Ashes Test in
Sydney between 04/01/18 and 06/01/18;
2 x 2 shirts signed by the Australian men’s test cricket team;
2 x vouchers for 2 pairs of designer glasses from Specsavers valued at
$500 spending money for the winner only.
13. Additional spending money, meals, insurance, taxes (excluding airline taxes)
transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-
room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be
taken to coincide with the Ashes Test in Sydney, NSW between 04/01/18 and
06/01/18, subject to booking and availability.
14. The winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same
departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the
Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of
the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual
prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their
credit card at time of accommodation check in.
15. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the
prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element
of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter
reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or
suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant
17. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion,
reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize
to the equal value and/or specification subject to any written directions from a
relevant regulatory authority.
18. Total prize pool value is up to $6,560.
19. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 28/12/17 at the same
time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory
authority. The winner (if any) will be notified by telephone and email within two
(2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on
wwos.nine.com.au on 29/12/17.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or
voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or
recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any
outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical
difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any
entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or
purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as
provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in
the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and
agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or
any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers,
employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage
(including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any
theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these
Terms and Conditions; (f) if the Ashes Test in Sydney, NSW is delayed,
postponed or cancelled or any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the
25. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal
information will be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use
this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including
contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian
Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its
26. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 88 008 685 407) of 24
Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/19356, ACT Permit No. TP17/02290, SA Licence