Botanica Bar – to Their Next #inthehouse Screenings for ‘the Thing’ at 630pm on Monday 15 & Wednesday 17 October
Win $1000 This Spring Prize
Midland Gate ABN: 83 026 144
Prize: 1 x Gift Card provided by the Prize
Supplier valued at $1000
9am local time on Monday 8
End Date and
5pm local time on Sunday 21
Midland Gate Shopping
274 Great Eastern Highway
Promoter: Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd
ACN 101 504 045
Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd (ABN 96 101 504 045) (‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’) on behalf of the Shopping Centre
collects your personal information in order to run this Promotion, understand your interests and activities
in relation to centres which we manage as well as plan, operate and manage these centres and the digital
channels through which we engage with you. Where you consent to us doing so, we also use your
personal information to contact you with centre news updates, events and promotions. We may disclose
your personal information to our related bodies corporate and service providers, including those located
in the USA and Singapore. We also de-identify and aggregate your data for market research and data
about how we handle personal information and how you can contact us to access, correct or complain
about our handling of personal information.
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Visit the Shopping Centre website and click on the link to the online entry form.
b. Existing database members sign in, or if the Entrant is not an existing database member,
they must sign up to receive email updates from the Shopping Centre.
c. Fully complete the entry form available on the Shopping Centre website including by
providing all requested personal information and answering in 25 words or less ‘What would
you spend the $1000 gift card on at Midland Gate and why?’
(each an Entry and collectively the Entries).
2. Entrants must be 15 years or older to enter the Promotion and may only enter this Promotion once.
Entrants aged 15, 16 or 17:
a. must have prior consent from their parent or guardian before entering the Promotion and
must be able to provide evidence of such consent on request; and
b. shall have a Prize awarded to their nominated parent/guardian upon presentation of photo
identification if they win and the parent/guardian shall be deemed the Winner for the purposes
of these terms and conditions.
3. One winner will be selected on Friday 2 November 2018 at Vicinity Centres National Office, Level 4,
Chadstone Tower One, 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone Victoria 3148 in accordance with 6
4. By entering the Promotion, the Entrants hereby:
a. give the Shopping Centre and the Promoter authority to publicly announce and publish their
name (should they be the Winner or Replacement Winner); and
b. agree to take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the
Promoter requires and consent to the Promoter using their names and images in any
promotional or advertising activity, without any compensation, if they are deemed the
Winner or Replacement Winner for the purposes of these terms and conditions; and
c. grant the Promoter a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty
free and sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display
(in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their Entry and/or
Post, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant consents to the
Promoter, the Shopping Centre or their respective agents, employees, contractors or sub-
licensees doing anything in relation to such use which might otherwise infringe the Entrant’s
agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full
authority to grant such rights.
5. The Promotion shall run from the Start Date and Time to the End Date and Time (Promotion Period)
and is promoted by the Promoter on behalf of the Shopping Centre. The Promotion is not valid in
conjunction with any other offer.
6. The Promotion is a game of skill and the winner will be selected from the pool of eligible Entries
based on, among other things, the most interesting, original and creative “25 words or less” answer
as determined by the Promoter or the Shopping Centre in their absolute discretion (Winner). The
Promoter may select additional reserve Entries and record them in order, in case a Winner is deemed
invalid or a Prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
7. All entrants (Entrants) acknowledge and agree that their entry into the Promotion is subject to, and they
must adhere to, these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions or alterations to
these terms and conditions as set out by the Promoter from time to time. Entries not in accordance with
these terms and conditions are invalid. Entry forms and Prize terms and conditions form a part of these
terms. The Promoter may, at any time, require Entrants to produce documentation to establish to the
Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of Entries (including documentation establishing identity, age, place
of residence and place of employment of Entrants). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights
at any stage does not waive those rights.
8. The Promotion is open to all residents of the State/Territory except: employees, contractors, agents of
Prize Supplier(s) and Shopping Centre sponsors of the Promotion and their immediate families;
employees of the Promoter or a related body corporate and their immediate families; tenants in the
Shopping Centre and their immediate families; the staff of tenants in the Shopping Centre and their
immediate families; the contractors of tenants in the Shopping Centre and their immediate families;
the proprietors and staff of companies involved in the production, publishing and administration of the
Promotion and their immediate families. Immediate families means spouse, defacto spouse, parent,
child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) and grandparents. Tenant means lessees, licensees
and, in the case of a corporation, includes their directors.
9. The Winner is eligible to win the Prize, as specified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right
in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in unlawful or other misconduct calculated to
jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves its rights to recover
damages or other compensation from such a person.
10. The Prize is supplied by the Prize Supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of
the Prize Supplier(s). Any warranty on the goods and services obtained as a result of a Prize remains
the sole responsibility of the relevant Prize Supplier.
11. Winning Entries must conform to all terms and conditions. No responsibility will be accepted for late,
lost, ineligible, incorrectly submitted or incomplete Entries. Entries which contain incorrect contact
details shall be deemed invalid.
12. The Promoter and Centre Management reserve the right to remove any Entry that contains offensive,
inappropriate or derogatory material. Any Entry containing such content shall be deemed invalid.
13. Any decision made by Centre Management at the Shopping Centre in respect of the Promotion or a
Prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winner will be notified via phone within 2 business days of determination. The Winner must respond
as directed during the Winner Contact Period to claim their Prize. Centre Management for the Shopping
Centre will arrange a time with the Winner to collect their Prize.
15. If a Winner does not claim a Prize, cannot be contacted (i.e. attempts to contact the Winner have met
with failure) or the Shopping Centre does not receive any return communication within the Winner
Contact Period, the Winner will no longer be entitled to that Prize and the Promoter may select a
replacement winner (Replacement Winner). The Replacement Winner is then the Winner of that Prize
for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
16. If a Prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize for a
prize of equal or greater value.
17. Proof of identity will be required to claim a Prize. A Prize must be taken as offered, is not transferable,
refundable or exchangeable for cash or kind and is subject to these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter, the Shopping Centre owners and their respective related entities, officers, employees,
contractors and agents shall not be liable (including in negligence) for any loss, liability, cost, damage,
personal injury, illness, death, expense or claim whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited
to personal injury and indirect, special or consequential economic loss) as a result of the Promotion or
in connection with a Prize except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case
that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowed by law).
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize.
20. If the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way by any cause
outside the reasonable control of the Promoter or the Promotion is not capable of running as planned
(including, but not limited to, by reason of misdirected Entries, tampering, unauthorized intervention,
fraud or technical failure, software, hardware or communications issues or tampering), the Promoter
reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to suspend, modify, cancel, recommence or terminate the
Promotion as appropriate.
21. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is
ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not
invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions nor affect the validity of the provision
in any other jurisdiction.
22. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
a. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication
sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication
networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet providers, congestion on any carrier
networks or otherwise;
b. any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; and
c. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used
for the conduct of the Promotion.