Australia Zoo Have your photo on the cover on Crikey Magazine – Win a Share In Over $2000 Worth of Prizes (prize valued at $299.95)
Terms and Conditions – Crikey! Magazine Photography Competition:
1. Entries will be accepted from anywhere around the world, however, travel will not be covered by Australia
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this
promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the promoter, sponsor and agencies associated with this
promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto
spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Australia Zoo reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify
any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process.
5. The promotion commences 9:00am on 1 November 2017 and final entries close at 11:59pm on 21 November
2017 AEST. Successful finalists will have their photo posted on Australia Zoo’s Facebook page at 5:00pm on 24
November 2017 when the public will vote on the 2 categories – Junior (Under 15 years) & Open (All Ages) until
5:00pm 29 November 2017. The photograph in each category with the most ‘likes’ on Facebook will be the
winner. Category winners will be notified on 1 December 2017 via Facebook.
6. To enter, the entrants must follow all steps of the competition:
a. Take a photo of wildlife. The photo must be of high resolution at a minimum file size of 6MB and a minimum
of 300dpi and in portrait format to qualify for this competition. Consideration needs to be taken to allow the
‘Crikey’ Masthead which will be positioned over the top quarter of the winning photo.
b. Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (and including your age for Junior entries) between
9:00am on 1 November 2017 – 11:59pm on 21 November 2017 AEST.
c. An Australia Zoo panel will select the best photos to post on Facebook for the finalists. These will be
uploaded in the competition folder on 24 November 2017 at 5:00pm AEST. Finalists will be notified by email.
d. Share you photo and encourage likes for your chance to win. Close off date 29th November 2017 at 5.00pm
e. Winners will be announced via Facebook on 1st December 2017.
7. The individual who emails the photo must own the intellectual property.
8. Finalists will be judged by a panel from Australia Zoo, based on creativity and all decisions will be final. The
competition is based on photographs. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
9. The prize is non-refundable or redeemable for cash. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be
entered into. Australia Zoo accepts no responsibly for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed
void if forged, inappropriate, offensive of in breach of Facebook Terms and Conditions in anyway.
10. Entrants warrant that:
a. Their entry is original and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any thirds party; and
b. Their entry does not contain any content that is sexually explicit, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, race,
gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, is obscene or offensive or violates any
c. Their entry meets the minimum requirements as stated in clause 6a.
11. By entering this promotion:
a. The participant grants Australia Zoo, CameraPro and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to
exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world for the entry at any time. This includes, but is not limited
to, the right to display the entry or any part of the entry in whole or in part in any media, including on the
Australia Zoo Facebook page and CameraPro Facebook Page. The participant acknowledges that they will not
be entitled to any compensation for this continued use but photographers will be credited at all times.
b. Photos submitted as part of this competition will be used ONLY in conjunction with this competition and
promotions or media surrounding it. Use thereafter will require positive permission from the photographer.
12. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability resulting in this competition.
13. Open Grand Prize includes:
a. Inclusion as the cover photo of Crikey! Magazine Summer edition.
b. CameraPro voucher for a total value of $1,000.00 AUD.
c. National Geographic ‘Australia’ Edition 3-way Camera Bag valued at $299.95 AUD.
d. Manfrotto Befree Tripod valued at $279.00 AUD.
14. Junior (Under 15 years) Prize includes:
a. CameraPro voucher for a total value of $250.00 AUD.
b. National Geographic ‘Australia’ Edition 3-way Camera Bag valued at $299.95 AUD.
c. Manfrotto Befree Tripod valued at $279.00 AUD.
15. In these Terms and Conditions:
Promoter means: Australia Zoo Operations Pty Ltd as trustee for The Irwin (Beerwah) Group
Sponsor means: CameraPro Limited.