AACTA Awards – Win The Ultimate Aacta International Awards Experience In La (prize valued at $12,850)
Terms and Conditions: Australian Film Institute – Ultimate AACTA International Awards Experience
1. These terms and conditions relate to the Ultimate AACTA International Awards Experience competition
2. The promoter of the Competition is the Australian Film Institute (ABN 17 006 725 266), 236 Dorcas Street,
South Melbourne, Victoria 3205, telephone number (03) 9696 1844 (Promoter).
3. By entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
4. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the
Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
5. Subject to clauses 6, 7 and 11, entry to the Competition is open to individual permanent Australian residents
who are 18 years of age or over.
6. Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter and their immediate family members (whether or not they live
in the same household) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Entrants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has
awarded the Prize (as defined below in clause 12) to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the
Prize or payment of its value to the Promoter.
8. The Competition commences at 8.30am AEST on Wednesday, 6 December, 2017 and entries close at
12.01am on Monday 11 December, 2017 (Promotion Period).
9. To enter the Competition, eligible entrants must:
(a) watch the 7th AACTA Awards broadcast on Channel Seven or Foxtel;
(b) within the Promotion Period, complete all fields of the online entry form located at
https://www.aacta.org/win/ and in 25 words or fewer answer the question: ‘Tell us what you think was
the most glamorous moment from the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel in Sydney and why?’
10. Each entrant may enter the Competition once only.
11. Entries that contain any incorrect personal information or incorrect contact details of the entrant will be
deemed invalid entries and will not be eligible.
12. There is one (1) prize (Prize), consisting of:
Two (2) return Main Cabin (economy flights) travelling on Delta Air Lines from Sydney Australia to Los
Angeles USA, departing Sydney on 2 January 2018 (Delta Air Lines DL040) and on return departing from
Los Angeles USA on 6 January 2018 (Virgin Australia DL6798) arriving into Sydney on the 8 January 2018;
If the Prize Winner (defined in clause 22 below) resides outside New South Wales, two (2) return economy
flights from the Prize Winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney traveling on Virgin Australia to
connect with the above international flights;
Two (2) premium tickets to attend the AACTA International Awards held in Los Angeles on Friday 5 January
Four (4) nights’ accommodation for two people, twin share, in a Queen room at the Days Inn Hollywood,
Los Angeles (W Sunset Blvd) from 2 January, 2018 to 5 January, 2018 inclusive (checking out on 6
The total Prize is valued at approximately AU$12,850
13. The Prize is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash or exchanged for an alternative.
14. The Prize Winner and his or her guest must:
both be 18 years of age or over;
be available to travel from 2 January 2018 to 8 January 2018 inclusive;
travel together on the nominated flights;
each have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of return;
each obtain a valid ESTA visa (at their own cost) at least 72 hours prior to the departure date.
15. Airport transfers, other transport, spending money, meal costs and other expenses are not included in the
Prize and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and his or her guest.
16. The Prize Winner and his or her guest are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel
17. Delta Air Lines and/or Virgin Australia terms and conditions of carriage will apply to the tickets for the
18. Baggage fees may apply and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and his or her guest.
19. The flight tickets cannot be upgraded and are not valid to earn Skymiles, frequent flyer, loyalty or status
20. Any changes to the travel plans or nominated flights will incur a charge fee per passenger, per change and
any change is subject to availability. The Prize Winner is responsible for and must cover any costs
associated with changes to flights.
21. It is the Prize Winner’s and his or her guest’s responsibility to ensure that they each have the requisite visas,
vaccinations, valid documentation which meet the requirements of immigration and other government
authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such
document(s) not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the Prize Winner’s and his or her
guest’s sole responsibility.
JUDGING AND WINNING
22. All complete entries submitted during the Promotion Period will be judged by a panel of three (3) employees
of the Promoter (Judges) who will determine, in their sole discretion, which entrant best answers the
Question (Prize Winner).
23. The Prize Winner will, wherever possible, be contacted by email by Wednesday 13 December 2017 and will
be advised by the Promoter on how and when the Prize will be provided if it is accepted.
24. The Prize Winner will be announced and have his or her details published on Wednesday 13 December 2017
on the website https://aacta.org/win/
25. The Prize Winner will have until 5.00pm on Friday, 15 December 2017 to accept/claim the Prize.
PROVISION OF PRIZE
26. The Prize will be provided to the Prize Winner by tickets and a letter outlining details. The Prize Winner’s Prize
will be provided within 7 working days of the Prize Winner accepting/claiming the Prize.
27. If the Prize Winner cannot be located the Prize will be kept until 5.00pm on 19 December 2017. If, at the end of
that period, either the Prize Winner cannot be located following the Promoter’s reasonable efforts, or if the Prize
Winner does not accept/claim the Prize by that time, the Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be
awarded to the entrant whose answer to the Question was judged by the Judges, in their sole discretion, as
second best. In this case the subsequent Prize Winner will, wherever possible, be contacted by email by 21
28. Any subsequent winner of a previously forfeited Prize (also referred to as a Prize Winner) will be
announced and have his or her details published on Friday, December 22, 2017 on the website
29. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and may be used for promotional purposes.
30. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish the entrant’s name,
photographs and likeness.
31. The Prize Winner and his or her guest must make themselves available for photographs if required by the
Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to use those photographs for publicity in any
reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the entrant and/or his or her guest. The Prize Winner
agrees to participate in any news and other media activities surrounding the Competition (e.g. interview and
photo for pages of the Promoter’s website).
32. It is the entrant’s responsibility to advise the Promoter of any change of personal details and contact details
by providing written notice to the Promoter at the above address specified in clause 2. The Promoter bears
no responsibility for incorrect personal or contact details which results in individual entrants being invalid
from participating in the Competition due to incorrect details on their entry form.
33. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an entrant or for
any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error,
or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone,
mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomprehensible or incorrect entries in the Promotion Period.
The Promoter also accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from Prize winnings in the
Competition. All entrants should seek independent financial advice about such matters.
35. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or (without limitation) any other event outside the
Promoter’s reasonable control that would reasonably prevent the Competition from occurring or the Prize from
being granted or used, the Promoter is entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition and/or the Prize subject to written direction from any relevant regulatory authority if
36. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to)
technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control
which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the
Competition, the Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition subject to written direction from any relevant regulatory authority if required.
37. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those
38. In the event there is a dispute concerning the judging of the entries, the conduct of the Competition or the
awarding of a Prize, the decision of the Judges and/or Promoter will be final and no correspondence will be
39. The entrant releases the Promoter and its related bodies from any and all causes of action, losses, liability,
damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the
Prize Winner and/or his or her guest and from loss or damage to any physical property of the Prize Winner, or
any injury to or death of the Prize Winner, his or her guest or any other person arising out of, or related to, or
in any way connected with the Prize, using the Prize or participating in the Competition.
40. In the event of any third party, other than the Promoter, cancelling any event or failing to provide any
goods or services relating to the Competition including the Prize, the Promoter will not be held
41. To facilitate the entrant’s participation in the Competition, the Promoter may disclose the entrant’s
personal information to other companies associated with the Competition and may use the entrant’s
personal information for the purposes of administering the Competition.