Hawaii Tourism Oceania – #MonthOfLei – Win a trip for 2 to Honolulu valued at $4,000 AUD OR Weekly prizes of Maui Jim Sunglasses
MONTH OF LEI Social Media Competition
Terms and Conditions
PART A – GENERAL TERMS
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of the terms and conditions of entry. By participating in the MONTH OF LEI Social Media Competition (‘Competition’), eligible entrants are deemed to have accepted the following Terms and Conditions on how to enter and the prize that forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
3. All entries become the property of the promoter, Hawaii Tourism
4. Hawaii Tourism Oceania reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify:
a. Any entries that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the promotion process.
b. Any entries that Hawaii Tourism Oceania considers manipulative or unrepresentative.
c. Any individuals found entering who corrupt or affect, or attempt to corrupt or affect, the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the promotion process.
PART B – WHO CAN ENTER
1. Entry is open to residents in Australia over the age of 18.
2. Employees and Directors of Hawaii Tourism Oceania, companies, agencies and , their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
PART C – HOW TO ENTER
1. Entry is open from 6.00am 1 May, 2017 and closes at 12.00pm 26 May, 2017 (‘Entry Period’). The competition Facebook voting will be open at 9am on 29 May, 2017 and close at 12.00pm on 2 June, 2017 (‘Voting Period’).
2. To enter, entrants must:
a. During the Entry Period entrants must post a photo in the comments of the Facebook post relating to the competition OR
b. Post a photo on their Instagram profile with the hashtag #monthoflei OR tag @gohawaiiau
PART D – WEEKLY PRIZES
1. The entrant of the weekly competition will win their choice of any Plano (Non-prescription) pair of premium polarised Maui Jim Sunglasses valued at a maximum value of $449 AUD.
2. Exclusion applies to limited edition and special releases.
3. 1 (one) pair per winner.
4. Maui Jim will require full delivery address and contact details.
5. Not redeemable for cash or barter.
6. Expires 1 May 2018.
7. No returns or exchanges.
8. Once an award has been issued no refund will be made.
9. Order will be arranged by email, and it will be shipped to the winner’s location.
10. HTO and Maui Jim Sunglass will not be responsible for any inconvenience, damage, expense or loss incurred by the winner if shipping, posting or handling is interrupted or an award ticket is invalidated due to violation of these Terms & Conditions.
PART E – MAJOR PRIZE
1. The entrant with the highest number of likes will win the Major Prize 2 (two) Return Airfares to HNL with a maximum value of $4000 AUD.
2. Flights are for 2 (two) economy class tickets from Australia from your nearest International Airport to Honolulu (HNL). Subject to availability.
3. The winner must be 18 years old and over.
4. A HTO representative will arrange the flights, within 30 days of winning the prize, and that representative will organise the booking.
5. Once flights are booked, you will not be able to change any flight and they are Nontransferable/Nonexchangeable/Nonreplaceable/Nonupgradeable/NonChangeable. Further fare rules may apply.
6. The winner and their guests must travel together and share the same itinerary.
7. Seats are subject to availability. The winner must make their reservation as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
8. Entire travel must be completed in 12 months from issuance of the prize package.
9. Travel is not permitted during the following period: 25 March - 10 April 2017, 24 June - 10 July 2017.
10. Visitors to the USA will need to apply for a Visa Waiver via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to travelling to the United States. A fee will apply to new ESTA applications and renewals payable by credit or debit card at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
11. All airport transfers are the responsibility of the prize winner.
12. Once an award has been issued no refund will be made.
13. Date and routing changes on awards are subject to availability and may require a service fee per award ticket issued.
14. In the event of a flight cancellation or other irregularity, award travel will be rescheduled only on the airline for which the ticket was issued.
15. HTO will not be responsible for passenger expenses incurred, including but not limited to tickets purchased on other airlines, accommodations, or any other expenses, or for penalties on land packages.
16. HTO will not be responsible for any inconvenience, damage, expense or loss incurred by the member or traveller if travel is interrupted or an award ticket is invalidated due to violation of these Terms & Conditions.
17. The prize has no refund value and is not redeemable for cash.
18. Hawai’i Tourism Oceania reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” without warranty nor guarantee, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize will be awarded for any reason, including for cancellation of trip due to natural calamities or any other force majeure event, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. Travel insurance is not included in the prize.
20. Winner is responsible for all incidentals, meals, gratuities, transportation throughout the duration of the trip, additional charges and any other expenses not specified here.
21. Picture identification (valid driver’s license, passports, visas or other picture identification) is the winner’s and guests’ responsibilities.
PART F – DETERMINING WINNERS
1. This weekly competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. This applies to those entrants who by the end of the Entry Period, have submitted their photo on the Hawaii – gohawaii.com Australia Facebook page OR the gohawaiiau Instagram page.
2. Select eligible entries will be posted within a gallery hosted on the Hawaii – gohawaii.com Australia Facebook page for the voting period.
3. All entries will be screened by HTO’s agency staff for inappropriate content.
4. During the Voting Period, the Australian public will be asked to vote on the Hawaii – gohawaii.com Australia Facebook page by ‘liking’ their favourite submission.
5. At the end of the Voting Period, the entries with the highest amount of ‘likes’ on the Hawaii – gohawaii.com Australia Facebook page will win the Major Prize.
6. In the case of a tied result at the end of the Voting Period, Hawaii Tourism Oceania will make the final determination of the winner based on creativity.
7. The winning entrant will be notified via Facebook message from 2:00pm 30 May, 2017. These communications will arrange with the winner the delivery or pick up of their prize.
8. Following the assessment of entries and the amount of Facebook ‘likes’ received, the decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into with respect to the determination of the winner.
9. Winners’ details and their winning post will be published on the Hawaii – gohawaii.com Australia Facebook page AND the gohawaiiau Instagram page. The winner and their winning post may also be published on the HTO email newsletter’s and through any other online or event channels as HTO sees fit including external media coverage. All winners acknowledge and provide permission, by entering the competition and agreeing to these terms and conditions, for their competition entry to be used by HTO promotions through these channels.
10. If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes by June 30, 2017 a new winner will be selected on 7 July, 2017 at the same time and place as the original judging. The winner will be contacted pursuant with clause F7.
11. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, HTO reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
12. HTO reserves the right to use the prize winners’ entry, name and state of residence for promotional purposes.
13. Entrants acknowledge and agree that HTO may use their competition image for promotional purposes, to be posted on social media (including, but not limited to Facebook and Instagram). Entrants hereby generally and completely release HTO from any and all claims, liabilities and obligations, both known and unknown, that arise out of or are in any way related to the promotion, including (but not limited) the to use of their image.
PART G – NO LIABILITY
1. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, HTO (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), or any personal injury which may be suffered or sustained during the course of redeeming the prize, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
2. By entering and participating, all entrants agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook AND Instagram from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to:
a. Entrant’s participation in the competition, or
b. Entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)).
3. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HTO, HTO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to
a. Disqualify any entrant; and/or
b. Modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
4. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your entry to HTO and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used by HTO for the purposes stated in these terms and conditions.
Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to Hawaii Tourism Oceania by email firstname.lastname@example.org