Cosmopolitan – Vote for your fave personalities for your chance to Win a covergirl gift pack over $100 and a six month Cosmopolitan magazine subscription
The top 10 nominees in each category have been announced! That makes 80 amazing women with talent to burn. Help us narrow the field by voting for your favourite nominees and the opportunity to win a covergirl gift pack valued over $100 and a six month Cosmopolitan magazine subscription.
Nominee voting opens 1st August 2014 and closes Friday 15th September 2014 at 11:59am (AEST). Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over. Limit of three (3) entries/votes per person per day. Further conditions apply, see full terms and conditions. See www.bauer-media.com.au/privacy/ for location of Bauer Media’s Privacy Notice. The promoter is Bauer Media Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546).
Fun, Fearless Female – Voting Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to vote, how to enter the competition and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over. Employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
3. Voting: Voting to determine the finalists of each category in the Fun, Fearless, Female awards will commence on 1 August 2014 and will close at 11:59am (AEST) on 15 September 2014.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of votes and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the voting process or who submits a vote that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any votes not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the votes due to any reason whatsoever. A vote will only be counted as being received once it has been received by the Promoter and not when it was sent. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected votes.
6. Voting open and close times may vary. Bauer Media reserves the right to amend the Voting Period at any time, including but not limited to any changes in the Fun Fearless Female event schedule.
7. In the event that the Voting Period changes, vote open and close times will be announced via the Cosmopolitan website at www.cosmopolitan.com.au and will also be communicated via Cosmopolitan Australia Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/cosmoaustralia)
8. Bauer Media accepts no responsibility or liability for any costs (including but not limited to access costs) incurred or other consequences as a result of a user submitting a Vote outside of the promoted Voting Period as detailed on www.cosmopolitan.com.au . If users cast a vote outside of the eligible Voting Period an appropriate voting closed message will be delivered.
9. Please note that access to Cosmopolitan website Voting Application may be limited on some mobile, tablet and other portable devices. It is the users responsibility to check their ability to check the functionality of the Application on their device prior to voting.
10. The act of voting is free. Any costs associated with accessing Cosmopolitan website, are the responsibility of the person seeking access and reliant on the user’s internet service provider.
11. Bauer Media is not responsible for any technical issues that result in the failure of the functionality described above being properly executed on Cosmopolitan website.
12. Bauer Media is not responsible if for any reason whatsoever a user is unable to access the Cosmopolitan website at the time they intend on doing so. For any issues relating to access on Cosmopolitan website – please refer to the respective Cosmopolitan website guidelines.
13. Bauer Media reserve the right to keep all Vote Results confidential. Other than the Vote Results required to (without limitations) be revealed to maintain the format of the competition, meet legal requirements etc. Not all vote Results will not be made available to the public. The top three (3) finalists in each category will go forward into the next round of voting and will be announced on the cosmopolitan website (www.cosmopolitan.com.au) on 15 September 2014 at 17:00pm (AEST).
14. Bauer Media reserves the right at its sole discretion to invalidate, discount or disqualify any votes (or individuals casting votes):
a. That tamper with, or attempt to tamper with, the Voting Service and/or process; or
b. Which corrupt or impact, or attempt to corrupt or impact, the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Voting Service (including a Cosmopolitan website voting mechanism) and/or the process; or
c. That Bauer Media believe to be submitted via an automated process, including but not limited to computer modems, programs, scripts or any other means other than the Vote Service specified in these Terms and Conditions, will be deemed invalid and discounted; or
d. That Bauer Media considers being manipulative, unrepresentative, disproportionate, obscene or offensive.
15. Users acknowledge that any votes that are discounted, invalidated, or disqualified, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be done so at the absolute discretion of Bauer Media and will still be subject to the charges and costs outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
16. In the event that there is a tied result, Bauer Media, appointed Cosmopolitan Editorial representatives and any other appointed judges by the Promoter will determine the manner in which the final outcome will be decided and judged.
17. Bauer Media’s decision in relation to all issues related to voting is final and binding on all who participate in relation to the Program and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The competition commences on 1 August 2014 and closes at 11.59am (AEST) on 15 September 2014 (“Competition Period”). Each valid entry received during the Competition Period will be submitted for judging. The Judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on 16 September 2014. The judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing using the contact details given in their entry.
19. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the promotional Period:
a. visit www.cosmopolitan.com.au follow the links to the Fun, Fearless Female Awards voting section;
b. follow the instructions to vote for one nominee in each of the eight (8) categories to become a finalist (in that particular category);
c. input the requested details including their first name, last name, date of birth, valid email address, daytime telephone number and provide an answer to the competition question in 25 words or less: “Tell us what makes someone a fun fearless female?” and then submit the fully completed entry form.
20. For the removal of doubt a completed and valid entry must consist of an individual voting in all eight (8) categories and completing the entry form as instructed in clause 19.
21. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
22. Multiple entries/votes permitted per person, subject to the following: (i) A valid entry into the judging must consist of an entrant voting in all of eight award categories (ii) a maximum of three (3) votes/entries per person, per day during the entire promotional period; (iii) each entry/answer to the question submitted must be substantially unique; and (iv) each vote/entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements.
23. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
24. This is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
26. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
27. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter
28. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. The best ten (10) valid entries as determined by the judges will be deemed the major prize winners and will win a Covergirl prize pack valued at up to $132.05 including:
• One (1) x Bombshell Mascara valued at up to $21.95
• Six (6) x Bombshell Shine Shadow by LashBlast valued at up to $11.95
• One (1) x Bombshell Intensity Liner valued at up to $11.95
• One (1) x Lip Perfection Red lipstick valued at up to $14.95
• One (1) x Clean make up remover valued at up to $11.50; and
• One (1) x six (6) month subscription to Cosmopolitan valued at up to $47.70.
The total prize pool is valued at up to $1797.50 (including GST). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
30. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
31. Products included in prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, finish, style etc) will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. All prizes must be taken as offered.
32. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the Prize winner. Delivery of the Prize is valid to any state and/or city in Australia.
33. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
34. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
35. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
36. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
37. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
38. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
39. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
40. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
41. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
42. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
43. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
45. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.