Channel Ten – Win 1 of 20 Matt Hatter Digital Video Books (prize valued at $2,500)
Australian Survivor Merchandise Competition Terms & Conditions Page 1 of 5
Matt Hatter Digital Video Book Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Matt Hatter Digital
Video Book (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. If the entrant is under the age of 18 they must obtain
permission from a parent or guardian before entering. However, employees and the immediate
families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and
companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not
eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be
3. The competition commences on Tuesday 26 September 2017 at 12:00 AEST and closes on
Wednesday 25 October 2017 at 23:59 AEDT (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to www.tenplay.com.au.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrant must
a. To enter online, participants must log onto www.tenplay.com.au or one of Ten’s
associated websites and register their details including (but not limited to) name,
address, phone number and e-mail address.
b. To enter online entrants must register to become a member of tenplay. It is free to
become a member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is
dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider.
c. Answer the question on the competition page in 25 words or less.
6. It is free to enter, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the
entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the
TEN Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. A limit of one online entry per tenplay member per day applies.
9. Entries must be received by Wednesday 25 October 2017 at 23:59 AEDT to be included in the
Prize Judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be
entered into the Prize Judging.
10. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to
technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
Australian Survivor Merchandise Competition Terms & Conditions Page 2 of 5
11. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (e.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss,
damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use
another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
12. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be
individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question
provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and
binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is an original literary work of the
Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the
information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the
Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for
the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims
and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
14. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem
inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with
the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by
the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those
16. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits
the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be
entitled to any fee for such use.
17. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period and Twenty
(20) Prize Winners will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont NSW 2009 from Thursday 26 October, 2017 at 09:00 AEDT. The Winners will be the
Entrants who, in the sole opinion of the judges, have submitted the most creative and original 25
words or less answer to the question on the competition page. The Prize Winner will be notified
by phone or email within two (2) days of judging and in writing and the winner’s details will be
published on the tenplay website at tenplay.com.au from Monday 30 October, 2017.
18. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
19. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize/s remain unclaimed by
the winner/s or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Thursday 30 November 2017 09:00
AEDT, the Prize will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best
meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This
Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont,
NSW 2009 on Thursday 30 November 09:00 AEDT. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize
Australian Survivor Merchandise Competition Terms & Conditions Page 3 of 5
Determination and will be published on the tenplay website at tenplay.com.au from Friday 8
20. There will be Twenty (20) x Prize Winners drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package:
Prize Details Value
20 x Prizes Matt Hatter Digital Video Book $125.00
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD $2500.00
21. The total Prize Pool is valued at $2500.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any unused portion of any prize is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed
for cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in
Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values.
Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they
should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
23. In acceptance of the prize, the Prize winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
24. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the
prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
25. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prize/s.
26. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of
the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
28. Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
29. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their entry. Should an entrant’s contact details
change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A
request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
31. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
Australian Survivor Merchandise Competition Terms & Conditions Page 4 of 5
32. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of
your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will
be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be
a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that
the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of
their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the
Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer
Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection
laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any
liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for an excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss
or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential ,
arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not
under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c)
any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any
tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
35. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify
any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify,
suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
36. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
37. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course
of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite
network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting
and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the
Australian Survivor Merchandise Competition Terms & Conditions Page 5 of 5
winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a
result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd. Your
personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’
names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public
statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and
State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the
Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
39. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy to view Network Ten Pty
you may complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our
organisation and how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose
your personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
40. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont